Hic recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A cheap Clearo ? If you are going to vape low wattage at least move up to a Nautilus , just my opinion although i still do love the kanger T3s .

Anything you rewick, recoil, and dry burn to clean is far cheaper and better than buying factory coils, especially if you like vaping clean coils. Another added plus is that you can make your coil and size it and the wicking as you wish.

A $5 roll of wire and a pack of Kho Gen Do cotton will last a couple of years. That frees up a lot of money for other goodies over time.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Anything you rewick, recoil, and dry burn to clean is far cheaper and better than buying factory coils, especially if you like vaping clean coils. Another added plus is that you can make your coil and size it and the wicking as you wish.

A $5 roll of wire and a pack of Kho Gen Do cotton will last a couple of years. That frees up a lot of money for other goodies over time.

I had somebody send me some kit with tons of Nautilus head parts that allow you to rebuild them , i got sick and tired of rebuilding them though and i stopped rebuilding Pro Tank heads a couple years ago but i agree with what your saying.

I won't buy a tank these days without a good RBA option. Now i just use larger RBA heads for the Subtanks and Crown tanks .

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I had somebody send me some kit with tons of Nautilus head parts that allow you to rebuild them , i got sick and tired of rebuilding them though and i stopped rebuilding Pro Tank heads a couple years ago but i agree with what your saying.

I won't buy a tank these days without a good RBA option. Now i just use larger RBA heads for the Subtanks and Crown tanks .

I spent years buying factory heads for Protank and Nautilus. Those used to burn the rubber insulators at the bottom where the positive post went through to the bottom contact. The wires were once a one piece conductive wire that was press fit in the rubber and the wire was getting hot all the way down.

When the change to non-resistance legs took place the coils were failing in as little as a day. The early ones were soldered instead of wire welded. I was at the beach on vacation for a week praying that my 2 boxes of coils would get me through. Toward the end of the week I found a vape shop in Panama City that had Protank coils.

When I got back home I started checking out alternatives and ended up discovering Kayfuns. I never went back. That was about 4 years ago. Rebuilding RBA's is just too easy and too cheap to go back to factory coils, but of course that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
A cheap Clearo ? If you are going to vape low wattage at least move up to a Nautilus , just my opinion although i still do love the kanger T3s .
Me too on the t3s. I am trying everyday with the gs air m. Sugar an spice sent me. I taste cotton really bad tho. I like these cheap bc clearomizers from fasttech. An I can just put a pre made wick an wire from fasttech in an I am fine.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky

I get premade wicks an wires for the t3s from fasttech 50-2.00$

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
Thanks for the tips. Bull City is actually where i ordered from, and yes i only ordered in 10 ml sizes. I forgot to order any equipment though, which is a blessing in disguise, now that i have decided to order a scale instead of a bunch of syringes and pipettes and cylinders and stuff !
I use 2 syringes an 10 ml bottles. I don't get why the need for cylinders an I really think a scale would be way to hard. Just for me thou. I am also trying to do things the cheapest way I can

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I spent years buying factory heads for Protank and Nautilus. When the change to non-resistance legs took place the coils were failing in as little as a day. The early ones were soldered instead of wire welded. I was at the beach on vacation for a week praying that my 2 boxes of coils would get me through. Toward the end of the week I found a vape shop in Panama City that had Protank coils.

When I got back home I started checking out alternatives and ended up discovering Kayfuns. I never went back. That was about 4 years ago. Rebuilding RBA's is just too easy and too cheap to go back to factory coils, but of course that's just my opinion.

I went directly to Kayfuns myself after the Pro Tanks and 95% of my toppers are rebuildables . I won't even buy a new tank if it requires buying factory coils .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I get premade wicks an wires for the t3s from fasttech 50-2.00$

I bought a bunch of those premades at FT before i found out how easy it was to build your own , those FT ones do work well and are already wicked and ready to go which is nice.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I use 2 syringes an 10 ml bottles. I don't get why the need for cylinders an I really think a scale would be way to hard. Just for me thou. I am also trying to do things the cheapest way I can
All that matters is you found what works for you. "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" is always good advise. It is when you are no longer happy with your methods and/or results that you should consider changing.

I spent my first 6 months of DIY chasing every "best" way, flavor, and recipe, only to realize everybody else's "best" isn't necessarily (or even likely) going to be mine. I found what works for me; and quit trying to "one up" myself. Life is much better now... and a lot cheaper! :D

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
All that matters is you found what works for you.

I spent my first 6 months of DIY chasing every "best" way, flavor, and recipe

Took me a lot longer than 6 months but, I've gone from "chasing" to a slow leisurely pursuit with DIY NET's. ;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bought a bunch of those premades at FT before i found out how easy it was to build your own , those FT ones do work well and are already wicked and ready to go which is nice.

For me, wrapping on a coil mandrel is easier than using my CoilMaster coil winder. I think that the bags of prewound coils from Fasttech is a good idea for people who just want to screw down a new coil without going through the process of winding. Whatever works is the best way to do it.

If you use atomizers with grub screws I can see how it's easy to install a premade coil because it can slide straight into the deck posts. A Kayfun style deck needs for the coil to be supported on a rod of some sort to guide and hold it during install while the user wraps the wire around the screws.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
For me, wrapping on a coil mandrel is easier than using my CoilMaster coil winder. I think that the bags of prewound coils from Fasttech is a good idea for people who just want to screw down a new coil without going through the process of winding. Whatever works is the best way to do it.

I don't have any coil winding gadgets , just use tiny drill bit's or screwdrivers which work fine. Imo the FT pre wicked are for people that just have zero interest to wrap their own regardless of how easy it is.

You know the types that watch TV sitting on a couch and will watch a show for hours that they have zero interest in because there is just way too much effort involved to move a few inches so they can grab the remote thats sitting on the couch next to them .

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I don't have any coil winding gadgets , just use tiny drill bit's or screwdrivers which work fine. Imo the FT pre wicked are for people that just have zero interest to wrap their own regardless of how easy it is.

You know the types that watch TV sitting on a couch and will watch a show for hours that they have zero interest in because there is just way too much effort involved to move a few inches so they can grab the remote thats sitting on the couch next to them .

The important part of it all is that they found something to keep them off the smokes. Most of us bought factory coils in the beginning. When we discovered coil wrapping and rebuildables we wrapped coils around nails, Phillips screwdrivers, and anything else we ran across that would work.

Pre-wound coils are fine, but a coil of wire and a nail and a pair of toenail clippers will do the job as well as anything and save a little more cash for something else.

What I like about winding around something it that the "something" gives you a holder just the right size to keep the coil in place while you tighten the screws! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread