Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I got 10 of the #5 at Lowe's today for $2.60. I put one in the reosmod soft bottles. Worked like a charm.

I was off a bit.I think i seen someone mention a #6 worked,the ones i have are #5 which are 3/8" od x 1/4" id x 1/16 thick.I got a pack of 10 from Lowes for like $2 or so.They work very well,they fit up inside the top of the cap,and make a good seal against the bottle,which provides the good leak free seal that a $6 bottle should of had in the first place.In the mean time though,the Mr Clean mops are very absorbent haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yes they are as soft but you can feel the seam going down each side.
I haven't got around to using one yet but just doing an air test, they don't seem to leak air.
Good to hear,i think i'll grab a few to try out.I've been wanting to grab a few of their 510's as well,so i'll grab a few bottles,a couple 510's and i see they have just the bottle seperately,so i'll throw a few of hose in as well for spares.

Reactions: Mandro

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
Good to hear,i think i'll grab a few to try out.I've been wanting to grab a few of their 510's as well,so i'll grab a few bottles,a couple 510's and i see they have just the bottle seperately,so i'll throw a few of hose in as well for spares.

I've got a few 510 connectors on order, they do look good and I'm hoping that they are leak.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I've replaced my SuperSoft bottles with the HCigar VTinbox bottles. I put some Ego insulators and 1/4" OD x 1/8" ID x 1/16" thick O-rings. I rough up the tubing with an emery board where the O-rings go on to help keep them from wandering. The HCigar bottles are $3 and change for a ten pack from FT. The bag of insulators was $2 and change. The O-rings are $.23 cents at the local hardware. The HCigar bottles come with caps and fit in an 18650 battery case, so sufferers of Flavor ADD just pop in a different bottle whenever your current flavor goes meh. Not as soft as the SSIBs, but much softer than the REO bottles. No leakage, liquid or air.
REO_Bottle.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've replaced my SuperSoft bottles with the HCigar VTinbox bottles. I put some Ego insulators and 1/4" OD x 1/8" ID x 1/16" thick O-rings. I rough up the tubing with an emery board where the O-rings go on to help keep them from wandering. The HCigar bottles are $3 and change for a ten pack from FT. The bag of insulators was $2 and change. The O-rings are $.23 cents at the local hardware. The HCigar bottles come with caps and fit in an 18650 battery case, so sufferers of Flavor ADD just pop in a different bottle whenever your current flavor goes meh. Not as soft as the SSIBs, but much softer than the REO bottles. No leakage, liquid or air.
View attachment 651895
I have a psychological impediment that prevents me from using a bottle without a threaded cap. I'm not sure what that's called...but I'd be surprised if millions of tax dollars haven't gone into trying to find a cure. o_O

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I have a psychological impediment that prevents me from using a bottle without a threaded cap. I'm not sure what that's called...but I'd be surprised if millions of tax dollars haven't gone into trying to find a cure. o_O
Just think, all those millions wasted for want of a 23 cent O-ring...
Threaded caps are fine on a PEKO, Coppervape or any mod where you can just grab the bottle in your hand. On a REO, where you have to angle the bottle out, some how hold onto to the mod, the cap, and the bottle simultaneously, they are freaking awkward and require the presence of vapor towels and running water.
I now have 6 SSIBs in a baggie languishing in a drawer.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
View attachment 651895
Where did you get the Ego insulators from?I checked Ft,and when i searched for Ego insulator,it brought up a bunch of pipe mods haha.

Nevermind,i found them.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Just think, all those millions wasted for want of a 23 cent O-ring...
Threaded caps are fine on a PEKO, Coppervape or any mod where you can just grab the bottle in your hand. On a REO, where you have to angle the bottle out, some how hold onto to the mod, the cap, and the bottle simultaneously, they are freaking awkward and require the presence of vapor towels and running water.
I now have 6 SSIBs in a baggie languishing in a drawer.
I'll be honest... I liked the SSIB's when they first came out because they were different. Then I liked the Sunbox bottles because they were even more different....but I dislike both of em now....because they're different. My favorite bottles are the 10ml needle point refill bottles that we removed the needle and reamed out a little hole for the tubing...but they don't fit in anything. (except the CCV dual 18650 Corey is sending :w00t:). Now, I love the original REO bottles again. The tops are easy to grab and they don't leak. They squonked just fine for years, and they still do. I just ordered 20 bottles, 20 orings and 20 tubes from Rob. Heck with all this fancy jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread