Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Cornell & Diehl "Pirate Kake" - (an oily mess but very robust)

I started filtering before I went to bed last night. Ryujin on the right, Pirate Kake on the left.

1-pirate.JPG

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Keep an eye on the Pirate Kake. After many months in storage mine oozed a significant amount of tenaciously sticky dark oil that -stuck hard- on the walls of the bottle and to the glass dropper. A Latakia bomb complemented by Burley, Cavendish and Turkish tobaccos :drool: the flavor is intense but the bottle and dropper are an oily mess. :shock:

If you like the robust dark flavor of C&D "Pirate Kake" I'd recommend trying C&D "Mississipi Mud", a Latakia, Cavandish, Perique blend ;)

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Thanks for the update Str8, there are quite a few I'd like to try on that list although not too many of them are available in the UK unfortunately.

I do have the following macerating as I type though...
  • Cornell & Diehl "orion's Arrow" * - (great base for Hybrids)
  • Cornell & Diehl "Old Joe Krantz" *
  • Peter Stokkebye "84 Turkish" - (great base for Hybrids)
  • Samuel Gawith "Full Virginia Flake" - (great base for Hybrids)
  • Dunhill "Nightcap" - (soon to disappear from the market)

Those You've listed are outstanding tobaccos for extraction, -if- they suit your taste you'll be a happy camper. :)

I've learned (the hard way of course) not to be over confident about -any- tobaccos continued availability. If/when I find a tobacco that extracts well and produces an outstanding flavor (per my taste) I now stock up. Dunhill was good enough to give us a years notice, most just suddenly disappear from the shelves without warning. On this side of the pond we currently enjoy a -vast- selection of different tobaccos from around the world to choose from. As tobacco's popularity continues to decline and regulation/taxes continue to increase I believe both selection and availability will suffer. We are living in the golden age of NET making, there will -never- be a better time than the present for what we do. :thumb:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Just curious, has anyone tried extracting Mac Baren HH Bold Kentucky?

Sorry, but I haven't. I don't personally care for the flavor of dark fired Kentucky so I avoid blends that contain it as the primary tobacco. Hopefully someone else will post a review.

Reactions: Opinionated

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Awesome! Thanks for the find! Maybe @67Tele can tell me if it's good.. I have it in the shopping cart, but before I spent I figured to ask! If it's no good I can just remove it before I finish up!
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/search/6550045/?q=Mac+Baren+HH+Bold+Kentucky&o=date

Looks like @jonnydoe and @67Tele have purchased it... maybe they have gotten around to sticking it into a jar by now? :|
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/search/6550045/?q=Mac+Baren+HH+Bold+Kentucky&o=date

Looks like @jonnydoe and @67Tele have purchased it... maybe they have gotten around to sticking it into a jar by now? :|

Haven't gotten around to even putting in the Mason jar yet. Got a tin in my "cellar".

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
P&C
On International Pipe Smoking Day (February 20th), we had a promotion that offered 20% off sitewide on almost everything on our website. At that same time, we were dealing with some systems problems and our phone lines were jammed with calls to try to correct the issues. For that reason, a lot of you who wanted to take advantage of the IPSD deal weren't able to get through.

Now that the difficulties are resolved, we're offering all of you the opportunity to take advantage of our 20% off deal. Not only that, but if you spend $99 or more, besides getting free shipping on your entire order, we're also going to include a FREE Goodie Box to thank you for being our customer. So, to recap - 20% OFF virtually everything on our site + FREE Goodie Box and shipping on orders of $99 or more. This is a great chance to stock up and save BIG!

- Russ

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Pipes&.jpg

24 HOURS ONLY!
On International Pipe Smoking Day (February 20th), we had a promotion that offered 20% off sitewide on almost everything on our website. At that same time, we were dealing with some systems problems and our phone lines were jammed with calls to try to correct the issues. For that reason, a lot of you who wanted to take advantage of the IPSD deal weren't able to get through.

Now that the difficulties are resolved, we're offering all of you the opportunity to take advantage of our 20% off deal. Not only that, but if you spend $99 or more, besides getting free shipping on your entire order, we're also going to include a FREE Goodie Box to thank you for being our customer. So, to recap - 20% OFF virtually everything on our site + FREE Goodie Box and shipping on orders of $99 or more. This is a great chance to stock up and save BIG!

- Russ

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Unfortunately for me they won't ship to the UK. Having said that, I'm reluctant about ordering from overseas anyway after getting hit with a £50 customs charge for 6oz of tobacco from Smoking Pipes!! :(

Ouch! That would hurt. If it were me I'd stick to what was domestically available.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Unfortunately for me they won't ship to the UK. Having said that, I'm reluctant about ordering from overseas anyway after getting hit with a £50 customs charge for 6oz of tobacco from Smoking Pipes!! :(
I 'liked' Your post.....not meaning that I liked Your custom's charge!!!
Seriously tho', thanks for posting:- I've lusted over P&C's range & PRICES but won't risk importing 'cos of the risk of these charges....
We can't even buy wholeleaf now......:-x
Have You bought from www.smoke-king.co.uk ? They've still got a few 5g. pipe 'baccy samples available (makes approx. 50-60ml. of NET cold-steeping in PG).

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Seriously tho', thanks for posting:- I've lusted over P&C's range & PRICES but won't risk importing 'cos of the risk of these charges....
Have You bought from www.smoke-king.co.uk ? They've still got a few 5g. pipe 'baccy samples available (makes approx. 50-60ml. of NET cold-steeping in PG).

what a shame!

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
It was quite a kick in the teeth but my previous 6oz order arrived without any problem so I tried to feel a bit better about things by looking upon it as a £25 charge for each order... still pretty harsh though!!

I was alerted to Smoke King by Roger from the DIY Tobacco E Juice fb group but opted to go with the following in 25g quantities:

Gawith Hoggarth No.25 Mixture Pipe Tobacco
Mac Baren Scottish Mixture Pipe Tobacco
Samuel Gawith Bright Virginia Pipe Tobacco
Samuel Gawith Brown Virginia Pipe Tobacco
Samuel Gawith Sweet Black Cavendish Pipe Tobacco
Samuel Gawith Turkish Pipe Tobacco

I'm going to split them in half so I can go with both cold and heat macerations for each one.

TheBackyShop is still my go to online store in the UK as they have a pretty impressive selection... nothing like the range that Pipes and Cigars offer but certainly enough to keep me going for some time I would think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread