Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Good morning :)

It's going to be a nice hot and humid day. These are days I like! I'm weird, I know. :p

Bought a lawnmower Tuesday and put in use yesterday. The lawn is starting to look good. Got a Toro, self propelled, mulching mower. I had forgotten how well mulching blades work. Don't see any grass laying after cutting.

Still not enough rain so we are having to water still.

Today we are going to get the edger and weedwacker from MIL's house and finish manicuring the place. Along with the blower.

Monday we had a couple more palms delivered. I think we are finally done with trees.

After we get it spiffed up, I'll take some pictures.

Chak, hugs to both you and Mrs. Chak. Does she know what is going on?
It's always hot here not so humid lately since it's their hot season. The humidity will go up in a month or so when the rains start. Sounds like your gonna have a beautiful yard when you get through, Robin. Can't wait to see the pics.

We haven't told Sue yet, but she's a smart cookie and I think she's figured it out on her own that she doesn't have long. About all we can do is make her as comfortable as we can. She keeps saying that she's been getting visits from people who have passed away, like her mom and older brother. Kinda spooky that.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
We haven't told Sue yet, but she's a smart cookie and I think she's figured it out on her own that she doesn't have long. About all we can do is make her as comfortable as we can. She keeps saying that she's been getting visits from people who have passed away, like her mom and older brother. Kinda spooky that.

I've read about phenomenon like that. Apparently it happens to many people near their end of life. However, we will continue to hope and pray for healing for her. Keeping Sue (and you) in my prayers.

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.
I've read about phenomenon like that. Apparently it happens to many people near their end of life. However, we will continue to hope and pray for healing for her. Keeping Sue (and you) in my prayers.
Ditto what Lori said

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It's always hot here not so humid lately since it's their hot season. The humidity will go up in a month or so when the rains start. Sounds like your gonna have a beautiful yard when you get through, Robin. Can't wait to see the pics.

What Lori said. :wub:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening.... Friday is done....Shower done and beer in hand. Hooked up the PC and it works but 2 gigs of ram just isn't going to do. Well now that I have checked to make sure it is 64bit I'll add the 6gig I have to it. May get 4 more just for the heck of it.;) Now my laptop is free again. Which I'm on now. Got some setup stuff to do to the PC before I'm happy.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Evening.... Friday is done....Shower done and beer in hand. Hooked up the PC and it works but 2 gigs of ram just isn't going to do. Well now that I have checked to make sure it is 64bit I'll add the 6gig I have to it. May get 4 more just for the heck of it.;) Now my laptop is free again. Which I'm on now. Got some setup stuff to do to the PC before I'm happy.

Congrats on getting your new puter up and running.

That's the only thing I miss about using a Mac, the puttering around with upgrades.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

If it's any consolation..

My daughter in the weeks leading up to her death kept grabbing for something in the air. She was beyond talking in her last days, but she kept reaching for something in the air.. never knew why.. it was just something she did so much I began calling it the thing she did with her hand...

In the minutes that my daughter died, my husband was not there. She really was beyond being able to speak.. but she started trying to get up out of bed.. she hadn't been able to leave the bed, so it was weird almost like she was perfectly lucid for the first time in a while, and she was getting up. Because she had tubes in her everywhere (tubes in her kidneys, hooked up to IV's etc.) So we tried stopping her from getting up.. she started doing that thing with her hand.. and then she just died.

My husband, who wasn't there, said he heard her voice clear as day as if she was in the room saying daddy, you have to see this, it's BEAUTIFUL! Then that was it.. it was all he heard.

He looked at the clock.. and when he spoke to me later we found he heard that at the moment she died. It shook him up real bad, because nothing like that ever happened to him before.

It was strange, but it did happen at the moment of her death. So.. be comforted if it's comforting to you..

As a beside, my husband is not prone to mental illness..

Last edited:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Opiniated that story was heartbreaking, and comforting too. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your child. I cannot begin to imagine that scenario. My paternal grandmother was a widow. My grandfather died a few years before her. My father said right before she died, she saw my grandfather there with them, and he was waiting for her. I never forgot that story, and it happened a long time ago. I was 18 years old. I didn't hear about that story for a while. My father couldn't talk about it for a period of time. He adored his mother, and her passing was especially hard for him.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

My daughter in the weeks leading up to her death kept grabbing for something in the air. She was beyond talking in her last days, but she kept reaching for something in the air.. never knew why.. it was just something she did so much I began calling it the thing she did with her hand...

In the minutes that my daughter died, my husband was not there. She really was beyond being able to speak.. but she started trying to get up out of bed.. she hadn't been able to leave the bed, so it was weird almost like she was perfectly lucid for the first time in a while, and she was getting up. Because she had tubes in her everywhere (tubes in her kidneys, hooked up to IV's etc.) So we tried stopping her from getting up.. she started doing that thing with her hand.. and then she just died.

My husband, who wasn't there, said he heard her voice clear as day as if she was in the room saying daddy, you have to see this, it's BEAUTIFUL! Then that was it.. it was all he heard.

He looked at the clock.. and when he spoke to me later we found he heard that at the moment she died. It shook him up real bad, because nothing like that ever happened to him before.

It was strange, but it did happen at the moment of her death. So.. be comforted if it's comforting to you..

Thanks Opinionated, that is comforting... WOW!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
OK, you guys are not gonna believe this...

Recently I tried to order some batteries and a charger from Fasttech, Yeah, I know, Fasttech? Well anyway, the order was declined because "We do not send e-cig related products to Thailand as it against the law."

To get around that, I asked a friend to buy them for me which he most graciously did.

Afterwards, I went back to Fasttech a few days later to try ordering again. (I didn't want to give up on them.) This time I added a Smoktech SMOK GX2/4 350W TC VW APV Box Mod to the order in place of the charger.

Again, a no go... THAT'S IT! I'm SOL for vape gear!

So today, I thought, "What if I just order the batteries?" Back to Fasttech I go - fill out the form, add another pack of batteries to the order (so now it's 8 instead of 4), click the button and off it goes, no problem. I say to myself, "Cool, I can always use more batteries."

At this point, I'm not certain I actually got the order through, so I go to Fasttech's order tracking page to check and sure enough the order for the batteries went through, but the strange thing was it included the box mod!!!

I'm like, "What the _ _ _ _ ?!!! They approve this order, but not the one with a charger?"

I figured it out, it must be because I used PayPal on the first orders. This time I used my credit card and it went through. It was PayPal, not Fasttech, who stopped the previous orders.

So, in a few days, I will be the proud owner of a SMOK 350W box mod and a crap-load of batteries.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Morning....PC is up with extra ram so that's better. This is a clean install of Win10 which is nice. I forgot how many changes I made to Win the last time. I'll be working on that for awhile.o_ONo cutting the grass today. It rained a lot last night and don't look like it's done yet.:)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My laptop came with 6Gb. I have AutoCAD installed on it. 6Gb was OK but I added 2Gb and it was better. That extra RAM makes a difference.

No parent should have to see their child die. Our good friends and neighbors lost their son about 11 years ago. He was in a motorcycle accident when he was 14. Busted hips, back, bunch of other stuff. He was always in pain until he died some 20 years later. All the pain meds caught up with him and that's what took him out. He died in his mother's arms. She was despondent for a good year. They adopted their one year old daughter and she didn't even want much to do with her. Then she realized that little girl needed her and she did a big turnaround. There are reasons to go on. Others needed her. There are always others. We don't live just for ourselves. It sounds like your daughter was at peace in the end. Has to be comforting.
OK, you guys are not gonna believe this...

Recently I tried to order some batteries and a charger from Fasttech, Yeah, I know, Fasttech? Well anyway, the order was declined because "We do not send e-cig related products to Thailand as it against the law."

To get around that, I asked a friend to buy them for me which he most graciously did.

Afterwards, I went back to Fasttech a few days later to try ordering again. (I didn't want to give up on them.) This time I added a Smoktech SMOK GX2/4 350W TC VW APV Box Mod to the order in place of the charger.

Again, a no go... THAT'S IT! I'm SOL for vape gear!

So today, I thought, "What if I just order the batteries?" Back to Fasttech I go - fill out the form, add another pack of batteries to the order (so now it's 8 instead of 4), click the button and off it goes, no problem. I say to myself, "Cool, I can always use more batteries."

At this point, I'm not certain I actually got the order through, so I go to Fasttech's order tracking page to check and sure enough the order for the batteries went through, but the strange thing was it included the box mod!!!

I'm like, "What the _ _ _ _ ?!!! They approve this order, but not the one with a charger?"

I figured it out, it must be because I used PayPal on the first orders. This time I used my credit card and it went through. It was PayPal, not Fasttech, who stopped the previous orders.

So, in a few days, I will be the proud owner of a SMOK 350W box mod and a crap-load of batteries.
Seems to me I recall that PayPal no longer approved e-cig payments...now that you bring it up.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

2 gig not enuf??.... o_O

I remember when 256K was alot of ram ... and a 35 megabyte HD was HUGE!! ( literally... it was the size of a shoebox)

Users who are viewing this thread