CC info unsafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
I typically use my Discover card for reoccurring bill pays and on sites that I have ordered before from.

I placed an order about a week ago, and sure enough I got dinged by Discover for Fraudulent charges. The only difference in my routine was placing a single MFS order.

I figured these kinks would have been worked out, but in my experience it looks like they werent.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
So they never authorized the charges? A little inconvenience but not much more correct? Close one?

True, nothing went through, but after some digging apparently this is nothing new for MFS. I didnt know this. I cant knowingly support this vendor if I dont feel like their site is secure.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Kind of tough on the bank's part. My bank gives me two different Visa cards. If the first is compromised I used the second while the first is being replaced.

A bank should provide a service. I use a federal bank. Even when I moved overseas with a car, I called to let them know for the insurance and I got a new insurance card and an international drivers license. Worked for me.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not sure what the MFS stands for but I do not think I ever ordered from them before. Sorry about they inconvenience but hopefully the overnight-ed you a new card.
MFS = MyFreedomSmokes

Im getting a new card, I was just bring up a potential vulnerability

Reactions: SteveS45

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I typically use my Discover card for reoccurring bill pays and on sites that I have ordered before from.

I placed an order about a week ago, and sure enough I got dinged by Discover for Fraudulent charges. The only difference in my routine was placing a single MFS order.

I figured these kinks would have been worked out, but in my experience it looks like they werent.
Mind telling us what company name made the fraudulent charges if you know? I ordered from MFS last week and will keep an eye out, thou I use a reloadable debt cars for online purchases now for protection I keep a low balance.

Reactions: elac

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
Mind telling us what company name made the fraudulent charges if you know? I ordered from MFS last week and will keep an eye out, thou I use a reloadable debt cars for online purchases now for protection I keep a low balance.
They were mainly like "feeler" charges to see if the card was valid. $1 charge and $1 refund from Wildtangent games and another auth charge $0.11 from some bank in South Dakota

Reactions: David Wolf

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
I recently had fraudulent charges on my card. It was stopped by my bank I got a new card and was about to order something from mfs...good thing I seen this post. (Not saying that mfs had anything to do with what happened to me)

I do hope that they get it sorted out soon as I do like to order stuff from them

Reactions: Zen Knitter

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
Same here, after a MFS purchase, my credit card company notified that someone attempted to make a purchase online. It was declined and the cc company issued me a new card. I was impressed with how fast this all happened. Had phone messages, cell messages and a direct call to confirm that it was not me making the purchase.

Reactions: Nermal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread