Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
My laptop came with 6Gb. I have AutoCAD installed on it. 6Gb was OK but I added 2Gb and it was better. That extra RAM makes a difference.

No parent should have to see their child die. Our good friends and neighbors lost their son about 11 years ago. He was in a motorcycle accident when he was 14. Busted hips, back, bunch of other stuff. He was always in pain until he died some 20 years later. All the pain meds caught up with him and that's what took him out. He died in his mother's arms. She was despondent for a good year. They adopted their one year old daughter and she didn't even want much to do with her. Then she realized that little girl needed her and she did a big turnaround. There are reasons to go on. Others needed her. There are always others. We don't live just for ourselves. It sounds like your daughter was at peace in the end. Has to be comforting.

Seems to me I recall that PayPal no longer approved e-cig payments...now that you bring it up.

but you can buy binary explosives.... go figger.... o_O

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My laptop came with 6Gb. I have AutoCAD installed on it. 6Gb was OK but I added 2Gb and it was better. That extra RAM makes a difference.

No parent should have to see their child die. Our good friends and neighbors lost their son about 11 years ago. He was in a motorcycle accident when he was 14. Busted hips, back, bunch of other stuff. He was always in pain until he died some 20 years later. All the pain meds caught up with him and that's what took him out. He died in his mother's arms. She was despondent for a good year. They adopted their one year old daughter and she didn't even want much to do with her. Then she realized that little girl needed her and she did a big turnaround. There are reasons to go on. Others needed her. There are always others. We don't live just for ourselves. It sounds like your daughter was at peace in the end. Has to be comforting.

Seems to me I recall that PayPal no longer approved e-cig payments...now that you bring it up.

I'm sorry for your friends' loss, but I am glad she found something to hang onto.

This was the hardest thing I've ever been through..

Anyway, thanks. And I think I'm at my limit for talking.. so, onto something full of happiness and life now.. :)

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
2 gig not enuf??.... o_O

I remember when 256K was alot of ram ... and a 35 megabyte HD was HUGE!! ( literally... it was the size of a shoebox)

The first business class computer I worked on was the size of a big refrigerator! Had a 10MB Winchester hard drive that looked like a vinyl album and was at least as big. 256K of ram - maybe even less. Connectivity was a telephone with a special cradle just like the one in War Games. This was around 1984.

Dang. I'm old. ;)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
just ordered some juice ( 100ml DF and 50 PB) used the promo code and points and got both bottles for less than the price of the 100ml :)

But..But ...that's only 150ml!!! That would just never do for me. My order this week was 400ml and I haven't counted what's on the frig.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I just ordered 100 ml each of Pirate's Booty, Gaia, and Georgia Peach. Silly me, was so anxious to know if my password would work after LA fixed it, I forgot to add the discount code for the sale. :facepalm:

I shot Adam and Heather a line telling them what happened and asked if they could credit the sale discount to my account. We'll see what happens.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
I just ordered 100 ml each of Pirate's Booty, Gaia, and Georgia Peach. Silly me, was so anxious to know if my password would work after LA fixed it, I forgot to add the discount code for the sale. :facepalm:

I shot Adam and Heather a line telling them what happened and asked if they could credit the sale discount to my account. We'll see what happens.

If you just did it can you go back in and edit it?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Gotta call the electrician over to fix the AC in two bedrooms. The night before I turn the AC on in my room and it starts blowing hot air, so I turn it off and go to the bedroom next door - turn it on and hear this sound like something broke inside and it stops working. AHG! Had to sleep with no air the last two days. Fortunately, I still had a fan that worked.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
If you just did it can you go back in and edit it?
Didn't think I would be able to do that. I'll try it, but I think it may be too late now as I ordered last night. I don't want to double up on the order.

Edit to add: David, I don't see any way to edit the order from their web site. I already got the notice that the order was confirmed.

Last edited:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
The PC finished wiping the drive. Now I just have to go through the process of moving win10 to it from the small drive. Two reasons to do this is the much bigger drive and it is faster. Did some reading and there some free backup programs that will let me move it. As for the small drive I'll just unplug it and leave it in place.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
The PC finished wiping the drive. Now I just have to go through the process of moving win10 to it from the small drive. Two reasons to do this is the much bigger drive and it is faster. Did some reading and there some free backup programs that will let me move it. As for the small drive I'll just unplug it and leave it in place.
It's such a long process, isn't it? You may have to reinstall some programs too.

Reactions: DavidOH

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
I haven't put any on this drive yet except Trend Micro Internet Security. Any that I had on the other drive were just apps and free programs that I can get back. The only thing I took off the drive were pics. All the favorites and such I got rid of. No point in keeping a bunch of stuff I'm not going to use. Win10 was working on the other drive but it was an upgrade from win8. The one on the new drive is a clean install with only the junk Microsoft puts on it.

Reactions: Chakris

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
We had some very bad storms last night. There were several reports of tornadoes within that storm system. They are doing door to door searches in the areas effected. I am not sure but I believe the Canton area got the worst of it. I read six were hospitalized now, and two are in critical condition. A few folks didn't make it. I read the damage at one location was 35 miles long, and 15 miles wide. Another area Eustace was hit as well. (that one was probably the start of it, as the storm was moving NE) I saw video of one of the tornadoes on You Tube, last night.
Type this into the search at You Tube to see video of the size of this thing. I just watched a few of the videos they had. One video showed the damage to the Dodge dealership. I don't think I could sit there and film a storm like that. I would be wanting to push the pedal to the metal, if you know what I mean.
canton tx tornado 2017

My heart goes out to the victims of this, and their family. I prayed last night about it, and sent a few more today.

Last edited:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
My daughter just called. She was at an wedding in Ben Wheeler during this time. It is close to this same area. They are both close to Van, which had a tornado in 2015. Canton is a cool place to go to, because of their Trade Days. It is a huge market, where you can find just about anything you'd want. They have this one weekend a month. It changed a lot since I was a kid. It is much nicer now than it used to be. (and larger now too)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon.... Made a run to Lowes.....cut the grass......put a new handle on the storm door......now on the laptop watching the PC load win10...at least I hope that's what it's doing...:confused: Using a flash drive to install instead of moving it. Unplugged the small drive and booted to install on the 1TB drive. If it works I'll leave the small drive in place and unplugged with the copy of win 10 on it as a fallback.;)

Users who are viewing this thread