A reasonably priced Stab wood box mod? (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Stab wood mods are expensive. I got an Axisvapes M-17 which depending on the model are 'reasonably' priced compared to many on the market which can fetch north of $600. But once I had payed import duty and VAT into the UK from the US it ended up costing quite a lot.
Kangertech are about to release a stabwood mod onto the market called the K1 which should retail for well under $100. You may want to check that out, or try to pick up another mod second hand to keep the cost down and avoid import duty. However there seems to be a mentality among some that these things are something other than a battery box, and price accordingly.

Best vapor deal :Kangertech K1 BOX 75W TC Box Mod with a lower price

High End REGULATED MODS !

Reactions: Ragnar94

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Stab wood mods are expensive. I got an Axisvapes M-17 which depending on the model are 'reasonably' priced compared to many on the market which can fetch north of $600. But once I had payed import duty and VAT into the UK from the US it ended up costing quite a lot.
Kangertech are about to release a stabwood mod onto the market called the K1 which should retail for well under $100. You may want to check that out, or try to pick up another mod second hand to keep the cost down and avoid import duty. However there seems to be a mentality among some that these things are something other than a battery box, and price accordingly.

Lol i know what you mean, but i just want one because i love the stabilized wood effect, but of course, it shouldnt be overpriced because of some bloke sat in his back yard carving out a box shape, but i think Lee Ash's riaulus are reasonably priced for his craftsmanship, but i just dont like the style of them

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
If you want one, then save up and buy one.
As I said the lower end M-17s are £220 new, so if you hunt the second hand market you should be able to get one for less than that. I really like mine, and feel that the looks build quality and performance almost justify what I paid for it.

E2CPHYf.png

Reactions: baybeebeast

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
If you want one, then save up and buy one.
As I said the lower end M-17s are £220 new, so if you hunt the second hand market you should be able to get one for less than that. I really like mine, and feel that the looks build quality and performance almost justify what I paid for it.

E2CPHYf.png
220 new? Do you have a website for these?

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Axis Vapes | High Quality, Hand Made Stabilized Wood Vape Mods

The prices vary depending on how many materials they use. There are none on there under £300 at the moment, but they list them as they make them so that may change. Or the the prices have gone up, I'm not sure.
They are hand built, each one is unique and they use the Evolve chipset which is fairly widely accepted as being very good.
They also now do the M17 Mini which uses 18650s and 26650s as opposed to the original which uses an internal Lipo.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Axis Vapes | High Quality, Hand Made Stabilized Wood Vape Mods

The prices vary depending on how many materials they use. There are none on there under £300 at the moment, but they list them as they make them so that may change. Or the the prices have gone up, I'm not sure.
They are hand built, each one is unique and they use the Evolve chipset which is fairly widely accepted as being very good.
They also now do the M17 Mini which uses 18650s and 26650s as opposed to the original which uses an internal Lipo.
.... that im waiting on this kanger mod

Sibben

Verified Member
Aug 31, 2016
In one of his latest videos P Busardo reported from some tradefair in China that it was full of stabwood mods. If you're after the stabwood look in particular, and not the premium qualities that come with them, you might want to wait a bit. I suspect they'll soon be everywhere for little money.

2:45 in.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If you can get onto some of these resale Facebook groups you would have an unlimited array of stab mods. There are literally hundreds and hundreds for sale now with prices coming down alot recently. Modtrader and Chinese finger trap are 2 that are really popular

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
If you can get onto some of these resale Facebook groups you would have an unlimited array of stab mods. There are literally hundreds and hundreds for sale now with prices coming down alot recently. Modtrader and Chinese finger trap are 2 that are really popular

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
someone told me to go on one of them the other day one called safer vapers, but I cant seem to find .... all

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The ones I see are still around $500

The new melody box is amazing. But again. So much money.

Overall the authentic high end market is dying horribly. It used to be 90% resale for things in like new condition. Now unless its the most popular stuff it's 60% at best.

The stab wood mods are going to be the latest in a trend of terrible resale for high end authentic s which end up destroying they market or most of it.

It used to be cheaper to buy nice authentic. Use for six months and sell then buy another than getting s tank and buying coils. So much for those days !!

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK

Make sure you watch pbusardo review of the manger k box before buying one. His had knots falling out leaving holes in the mod. It was awful.

Reactions: sonicbomb

D_pen

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2017
Florida
Hey there , I have a few suggestions for you ..

http://www.fluid-mods.com/?age-verified=56b7a2dae0

These mods are beautiful and equipped with the DNA 40 chip , price is $400

JMBox - JM Mods

These mods are also beautiful and I do believe all 4 diffrent boxes they sell are all single 26650 , price $330-$400

Products

non stabilized wood but a few of there mods can almost resemble single dyed stab wood mods . The Price $325-$175

I might be able to direct you to a few other sites but as said above Facebook is the place to go . I hope this helped you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread