RDA Advken Gorge RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
$24.99 Free Shipping Authentic ADVKEN Gorge RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (Gorge, 304 SS, Silver) at m.FastTech.com

Wow after a couple days with this thing and multiple different builds I must say this little guy is quite impressive. It's like the Goon Lp, Odis Designs O Atty the Narda and serpent mini all got together for some late night bow chicka wow and this is the love child of that Union

images (1).jpg

download (1).jpg

On a squonker I was surprised at how well this functioned. It has a small raised block in the middle that squirts juice out either side when squonking. This ensures both sides if your wick become saturated without having to tilt your rda or any other shenanigans. Also due to the design the airflow is situated high and at a severe angle so over squonking is actually quite hard compared to say a Hadaly or O Atty.
The BF pin comes installed and has a small grub screw inside that you will need to remove if you want to use as a BF atty.

The rda also uses Goon Style 810 drip tips which is quite the pleasent suprise and is extremely easy to build on and the O-rings are actually quite nice. At first they seemed extremely grippy and tough however a small amount of VG and they become just right.
The top cap and airflow resemble the Narda slightly and is nice and domed on the inside.

My first build on this I built using 26g 316l using a 3mm ID and it was a little underwhelming. I learned a couple things from this however. 1 being due to the air holes being quite high on the cap you need to also set your coil quite high so that the air is hitting the bottom half of the coil. Also this RDA performs better with Clapton wire and builds that are a bit heavier I finally settled on a 3x30gx38g coil 3mmid and around 35.40w it has been a beautiful vape and I can't help but to think that this is going to be quite popular for squonkers who want a cheap but great performing BF RDA

Last edited:

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017
$24.99 Free Shipping Authentic ADVKEN Gorge RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (Gorge, 304 SS, Silver) at m.FastTech.com

Wow after a couple days with this thing and multiple different builds I must say this little guy is quite impressive. It's like the Goon Lp, Odis Designs O Atty the Narda and serpent mini all got together for some late night bow chicka wow and this is the love child of that Union

View attachment 653091
View attachment 653093
On a squonker I was surprised at how well this functioned. It has a small raised block in the middle that squirts juice out either side when squonking. This ensures both sides if your wick become saturated without having to tilt your RDA or any other shenanigans. Also due to the design the airflow is situated high and at a severe angle so over squonking is actually quite hard compared to say a Hadaly or O Atty.
The BF pin comes installed and has a small grub screw inside that you will need to remove if you want to use as a BF atty.

The RDA also uses Goon Style 810 drip tips which is quite the pleasent suprise and is extremely easy to build on and the O-rings are actually quite nice. At first they seemed extremely grippy and tough however a small amount of VG and they become just right.
The top cap and airflow resemble the Narda slightly and is nice and domed on the inside.

My first build on this I built using 26g 316l using a 3mm ID and it was a little underwhelming. I learned a couple things from this however. 1 being due to the air holes being quite high on the cap you need to also set your coil quite high so that the air is hitting the bottom half of the coil. Also this RDA performs better with Clapton wire and builds that are a bit heavier I finally settled on a 3x30gx38g coil 3mmid and around 35.40w it has been a beautiful vape and I can't help but to think that this is going to be quite popular for squonkers who want a cheap but great performing BF RDA

Hi Sed! Hows the flavor compared to the Hadaly etc? Just saw this atty in a local vape shop and hadnt heard about it before.

Reactions: Sed8op8

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hi Sed! Hows the flavor compared to the Hadaly etc? Just saw this atty in a local vape shop and hadnt heard about it before.
The flavor in the Hadaly is maybe a TINY bit better but in all reality I can fit bigger builds in the gorge so it's close. The gorge holds more juice and is way less prone to over squonking like the hadaly

Reactions: Raizo III

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm liking this atty too. For ME, it's a "big air" atty - because mostly I vape a restricted hit, and this I'm running a bit more open, because it just seems to run best that way.

I was also REALLY happy to find I could swap in different tips, though I've got it set all Ultem right now.

I wrote this up the night I got it - but posted somewhere else...and here it is almost 2 weeks later, it's still on that mod, which means I like it.
:D

gorge-ultem-small.jpg

The Adkven GORGE.
Ok. Damn.
I'm digging this one. It's early...but first impression - this is what I had hoped the O-atty would be.
For reals.

-- STUPID easy to build with a single - first atty where I went, "duh, just take the big fat grub screws out, and the coil literally will just lay there, legs in slots, while I put them back in". And yep - that worked just fine. With the little (not blue!!) driver they thoughtfully provided.
-- Good squonk action. NOTE - there's a little grub screw IN the bottom pin - you remove it to squonk. Obviously the hole is above deck, it won't be draining completely. But It's not a massive well...so far, I'm just fine with some more vaping per squonk than some of my other atties...
-- AIRFLOW is horizontal slot, angled path, right at the coil. Simple, smart, coil goes straight, airpath angles (as opposed to say a Narda, where you angle the coil, because the airflow is straight and you need the wick to reach the well). It is pretty airy. You can close it down - but only in one direction - if you turn the other way, you hit open-wall area. Again, compare to Narda - it's like when you run the air in the open slot and bypass the intended airflow thingy - except in this atty, I think you really want the air going through the slot - it's aimed right at the coil.
easybuild.jpg

-- As a bonus, a couple Goon driptips I have fit it nicely. Which is good because,
a) They don't fit my goon (I have a 22 Goon authentic, and I shelved a crappy 24mm clone)
and b) It's pretty airy with the chuff - somtimes I like the slight restriction I can get with a different tip.

I like mechs, so I keep mass pretty minimal. And I can't vape SS.
So this is a simple spaced, 3mm, 24 gauge kanthal coil at about 0.5 ohms.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I'm liking this atty too. For ME, it's a "big air" atty - because mostly I vape a restricted hit, and this I'm running a bit more open, because it just seems to run best that way.

I was also REALLY happy to find I could swap in different tips, though I've got it set all Ultem right now.

I wrote this up the night I got it - but posted somewhere else...and here it is almost 2 weeks later, it's still on that mod, which means I like it.
:D

View attachment 657623
The Adkven GORGE.
Ok. Damn.
I'm digging this one. It's early...but first impression - this is what I had hoped the O-atty would be.
For reals.

-- STUPID easy to build with a single - first atty where I went, "duh, just take the big fat grub screws out, and the coil literally will just lay there, legs in slots, while I put them back in". And yep - that worked just fine. With the little (not blue!!) driver they thoughtfully provided.
-- Good squonk action. NOTE - there's a little grub screw IN the bottom pin - you remove it to squonk. Obviously the hole is above deck, it won't be draining completely. But It's not a massive well...so far, I'm just fine with some more vaping per squonk than some of my other atties...
-- AIRFLOW is horizontal slot, angled path, right at the coil. Simple, smart, coil goes straight, airpath angles (as opposed to say a Narda, where you angle the coil, because the airflow is straight and you need the wick to reach the well). It is pretty airy. You can close it down - but only in one direction - if you turn the other way, you hit open-wall area. Again, compare to Narda - it's like when you run the air in the open slot and bypass the intended airflow thingy - except in this atty, I think you really want the air going through the slot - it's aimed right at the coil.
View attachment 657621
-- As a bonus, a couple Goon driptips I have fit it nicely. Which is good because,
a) They don't fit my goon (I have a 22 Goon authentic, and I shelved a crappy 24mm clone)
and b) It's pretty airy with the chuff - somtimes I like the slight restriction I can get with a different tip.

I like mechs, so I keep mass pretty minimal. And I can't vape SS.
So this is a simple spaced, 3mm, 24 gauge kanthal coil at about 0.5 ohms.
I did originally have it on my VT inbox dna75 squonk but I have since put it on my mech squonk and I do the same thing low mass n80 spaced single coil and I close it down about halfway and the flavor and performance have been beautiful

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017
Ok got this for cheap, i only have 1 problem. I dont have a squonking device, and using it on a non-squonking device, it leaks a bit thru the pin even though the tiny allen screw inside the pn is supposed to block the juice from pouring out. Hopefully my regulated device's board didnt get damaged coz i saw a bit of juice on the 510 when i took the atty out. Sigh.

Performance on the atty is pretty good. Airflow is smooth. Flavor is great. Using an alien wire.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
How wide is the gap between the blocks / what's the largest diameter coil you can fit?
Just to give you an idea I how have a large 3.5mm id alien in mine and it's got room. The deck isn't completely wide open due to the airflow and we'll design but it's got room for larger coils 4mm will fit

Reactions: Verb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread