OBS Engine NANO RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have had a cuboid 150 for several months and had no problems with it. I also have an evic mini and a mini vtwo and no problems with those two. I'm not necessarily loyal to joyetech. I just buy mods that I like the features of. I guess I should do more research before buying.
Many a Cuboid gave the random Atomizer Short error with no fix. I had only experienced it a few times, so I resoldered the connections inside the Cuboid and have not had it again for a long time.

Mine is also quite spooky when reading resistance sometimes.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I have had a cuboid 150 for several months and had no problems with it. I also have an evic mini and a mini vtwo and no problems with those two. I'm not necessarily loyal to joyetech. I just buy mods that I like the features of. I guess I should do more research before buying.
I have the Evic vTwo also and love it. No problems at all with it and I hope the Primo Mini is the same...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I had a friend give me a length of Clapton that was like that,had nothing but trouble with it and I only have dna's, kept hopping in & out of tc and the only time ive had that happen before was when the wire is too far out of spec with the tfr range being used... but I was using a custom csv for that wire, so the outer claptoned wire must still affect it.

anywho I picked up one of these for my gf at a going out of business sale, she needed an easy one and a beater so I was wanting to get her the dual coil but she wanted the single... but I'm having some issues with it, the vape feels anemic and the flavors not there... what did you guys use for plugging up the back hole?

This is how im doing the coil...
53b36e11324f6d79dd57fddb06c758a8.jpg

00f5ffbf093dfea5dd798f0831157e06.jpg

That's her beater setup, I looked for the black one but this one was only 10 bucks. Not sure if it's a clone or what but it's identical to the other one I had.
Coil is too high. I did that on my 1st build. Lowered coil to center of posts & tucked wick just inside holes & getting much better performance w/ no flooding & great flavor.

dave51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
oklahoma
a quick fix for the preditor for when the 510 pops out
Put a thin film of JB weld around the bottom where the bumps are clean it with alcohol first
It will never come out

I pulled mine out intentionally to keep it from popping out by accident when Im out and about
The mod works fine other than that
Its better than sending it in and they do the same and having to wait days or weeks to get it back

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
a quick fix for the preditor for when the 510 pops out
Put a thin film of JB weld around the bottom where the bumps are clean it with alcohol first
It will never come out

I pulled mine out intentionally to keep it from popping out by accident when Im out and about
The mod works fine other than that
Its better than sending it in and they do the same and having to wait days or weeks to get it back
Nice fix!
JB Weld is amazing stuff. :thumbs:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
If you run into a metal to plastics situation, loctite plastics bonding system (I got some at home Depot) can help. It was recommended by a magnet specialty company. Scuff the surface of the magnet a bit (I just used a little pick), activator on the plastic and the magnet, glue on the plastic, press the magnet in place and hold for a minute. Standard epoxy had only held for a short time.

(I also love JB weld, but this was more a case of needing something that also bonded to plastic well.)

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
Just had my Nano come in yesterday. Loving the leak proof-ness but I do notice that flavor isn't quite where I wanted it to be. Will still be in the rotation due to how reliable it is but I may want to seek out a Pharaoh or Troll RTA to go along side it. Overall relatively happy with the purchase.

My VTC Mini is starting to crap out but I've had it since it came out and it was the first mod that got me to stop buying more mods - I've seen alot of the newer mods that have come along and really haven't seen anything too exceptional in the $30-70 price range that comes in a compact size. Was really interested in the Predator until I heard about the 510 thing. Perhaps I should just get another VTC Mini.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I have had ZERO problems with all my Joyetech mods... Sigelei mods are the ones I stay away from. Everyone of them had problems within a few months.
That's weird, myself and freinds have had nothing but trouble with them, there's the new new primo, the old evic, the rx wismec, cuboid, noisy cricket, and so on and so on. All janky 510's.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Just had my Nano come in yesterday. Loving the leak proof-ness but I do notice that flavor isn't quite where I wanted it to be. Will still be in the rotation due to how reliable it is but I may want to seek out a Pharaoh or Troll RTA to go along side it. Overall relatively happy with the purchase.

My VTC Mini is starting to crap out but I've had it since it came out and it was the first mod that got me to stop buying more mods - I've seen alot of the newer mods that have come along and really haven't seen anything too exceptional in the $30-70 price range that comes in a compact size. Was really interested in the Predator until I heard about the 510 thing. Perhaps I should just get another VTC Mini.
Have you seen the eVic Primo Mini?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

I love my Engines, I love my Pharaohs. They are two utterly different beasts.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Coil is too high. I did that on my 1st build. Lowered coil to center of posts & tucked wick just inside holes & getting much better performance w/ no flooding & great flavor.
That can't be right, unless they moved things... bc I measured the air hole

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So ricks... tried .25 id coils & all kinds of flooding issues & wicked several different ways. I get best result with simple Clapton wire 3rod 7 wrap. If not lazy will space & flavor has edge over contact coil. Right now have an AVS staggered fused clapon in nano. Has anyone trie engine sub tank yet?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
So ricks... tried .25 id coils & all kinds of flooding issues & wicked several different ways. I get best result with simple Clapton wire 3rod 7 wrap. If not lazy will space & flavor has edge over contact coil. Right now have an AVS staggered fused clapon in nano. Has anyone trie engine sub tank yet?
I've been using 28g SS wire at 2mm id coil with 6 wraps in both mine. The only time I get flooding is when I try to squeeze too much liquid in mine. It only happened a few times tho. I still try to get that 5.3ml in them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread