Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Hi, need some advice here. Can you point me in the right direction to choose concentrates if I tell you what I liked and what not ?
Well, this is what I've tried so far
Loved : Inawera tobacco Virginia, SC Real Cig, Inawera Dromedary (S Camel)
Liked: TFA RY4 Double, Halo Tribeca (premade e-juice)
Usable but wouldn't buy again: TFA Western, Hangsen Desert Ship
Hated: Inawera Desert Voyager, Inawera Falcon Eye, Halo Captain Jack (premade e-juice)
As additives I like Inawera DNB very much and hate Acetyl Pyrazine.
You were really helpful the firts time I asked, chose 4 concentrates based on your recomendations and 3 of them are in the "Loved" section.
From reading here I have in sight HA Highway, HA Red USA, IN 555 Gold, and TFA M-Type.
Thank you guys, you've been always really helpful. I'm about to reach 1 year away from smoking.
If you hate Acetyl Pyrazine, you may not like HS Highway. Ap seems to me to be a big component of Highways flavor.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
As additives I like Inawera DNB very much and hate Acetyl Pyrazine.

I've had a love/hate relationship with Acetyl Pyrazine. When it's the right mix it's fine. Go over the edge in the mix and it's overpowering. For a 30ml bottle of DIY I start with 1 drop, shake, and try it. Wait a day before deciding you need more.

Fernando Mercerat

Feb 26, 2016
If you hate Acetyl Pyrazine, you may not like HS Highway. Ap seems to me to be a big component of Highways flavor.

I've had a love/hate relationship with Acetyl Pyrazine. When it's the right mix it's fine. Go over the edge in the mix and it's overpowering. For a 30ml bottle of DIY I start with 1 drop, shake, and try it. Wait a day before deciding you need more.

It's not the nuttiness what I hate, hate that with time AP starts to advance over the other flavors and at the end it smells and tastes like salami. Maybe I'm using too much as DaveP suggests. Last time tried it at 0.3% (AP 5% TFA from BullCity) in a mix and it was the same. Do you think 0.3% is going over the edge ?
Gave up on it cause I see many recipes using 1% or more of AP, so I thought, if I don't like it at 0.3% this is not for me. I'll give it another try with drops.
Someone told me he is adding Hazelnut instead of AP for nuttiness, to get rid of this problem, have you tried it ?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's not the nuttiness what I hate, hate that with time AP starts to advance over the other flavors and at the end it smells and tastes like salami. Maybe I'm using too much as DaveP suggests. Last time tried it at 0.3% (AP 5% TFA from BullCity) in a mix and it was the same. Do you think 0.3% is going over the edge ?
Gave up on it cause I see many recipes using 1% or more of AP, so I thought, if I don't like it at 0.3% this is not for me. I'll give it another try with drops.
Someone told me he is adding Hazelnut instead of AP for nuttiness, to get rid of this problem, have you tried it ?

Taste is subjective. Since I quit smoking 6 years ago my sense of smell and taste have returned to near normal. With AP I've started adding a drop and waiting a day or two to decide if it's enough. 1% for me would be more than I want in my juice, even .4% was too much in some recipes, but I'm a 70pg guy. Flavor is different for those who vape high VG juices. I've cut recipes where AP "ruined it" by adding half unflavored juice with nic and adding back flavor to balance the taste.

I haven't tried Hazelnut, but I'll bet someone here has and will speak up.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Imho, mixing them just dilutes the goodness....

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
That can happen but for me it just depends on the mix. For an example take Hangsen Highway. For me, it's an excellent stand a lone flavor at 4%. BUT, it's also an excellent base for a Ry4 type mix. Add some vanilla and caramel and I'm in heaven. :vapor:

Another good example is SC Cohiba. To me, an excellent broad leaf tobacco flavor, but also, in another way of looking at it, just a plain jane tobacco flavor. I almost always enjoy it more when mixed with other flavors. I can add a few drops of chocolate or what ever to take it in any direction I want to go.

Here's a simple mix and one that will knock your socks off. Don't try this for a stealth vape - even the lingering vapor smells like a cigar. :)

SC Cigar 2%
SC Cohiba 2%
FA Oak Wood 2 drops per 10 ml.

:vapor:

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Is anyone experiencing lack of enthusiasm compared to when they started vaping? I've kind of settled on a couple of flavors and don't feel the urge to experiment that much. Too bad, I now have to look for a new hobby...
Yeah, I ebb and flow. Sort of done experimenting for awhile myself. I binged for awhile, now sort of just in a lull.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I'm in a lull also. Beyond fully stocked up and comfortable in my vaping knowledge level so my biggest decisions now are whether to add another drop of apple flavor in my tank or not. Now I enjoy my vape and go about my business. Just comforting and enjoyable to me now.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Is anyone experiencing lack of enthusiasm compared to when they started vaping? I've kind of settled on a couple of flavors and don't feel the urge to experiment that much. Too bad, I now have to look for a new hobby...

I know just what you mean. I've settled into a routine of making just what I need and not doing much experimenting. I have my 10 or so ADV's and rotate them so I find myself mixing maybe once a month and only mixing those flavors I get low on. My perfection days are pretty much over and I've adapted a close is close enough attitude.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
Another in a lull here, fills like I've done the full vape journey, settled on dark-for-pipe 6% 18mg then have a change to Bahraini apple gold 3% 6mg, just the hardware to worry about now.

That Bahraini Gold Apple is an older flavor that I only recently tried and I find this to be just a great flavor. Ordered the flavor a year ago and just never got around to mixing any until a month ago. Glad I finally did.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I know just what you mean. I've settled into a routine of making just what I need and not doing much experimenting. I have my 10 or so ADV's and rotate them so I find myself mixing maybe once a month and only mixing those flavors I get low on. My perfection days are pretty much over and I've adapted a close is close enough attitude.

Well stated Danny, good enough is good enough for me also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread