High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
@littlewierdo

I started this thread some time ago to see what was new in the "high-end" rta world. I listed some of the RTAs that are to me "high-end". Since then this thread has grown to almost 50 pages where we share our experiences and trouble shoot said RTAs and discuss new ones that like-minded people lust over.

In nearly 50 pages there have only been a very few mentions of counterfeits AKA clones and there has been no denigrating of lower priced RTAs. There hasn't been the arguing or over-the-top comments that seem to creep into so many threads on the forum.

There are a myriad of other threads that discuss in detail, the lower priced or 'easier to get your hands on' RTAs.

I really don't understand your need to be "concerned" about this niche area of vaping. I don't visit many of the threads that discuss items that don't interest me.

Vaping is about personal choice and most of us spend a lot of time using our gear, so what is wrong with enjoying the gear you use, whether it be "high-end" or easily accessible ? This is not about 'mine is better than yours' or ' I have been vaping since the dawn of time so listen to me' - it is about staying off the cigarettes and enjoying your gear.

It would make for a very disjointed and cluttered thread if we discussed counterfeits or the masses of easy-to-get RTAs here. This is why fora have topics - so there is something to suit all tastes.

I would humbly suggest you visit threads that suit your own style and preferences and leave discussions on theses RTAs to those that enjoy them. Maybe start your own thread that discusses the points of your "concern" ?

...and to those that got to the bottom of my extremely long post - thanks for reading my ramble :) which was typed while vaping on my easy-to-get-hold-of Kayfun 5 on my easy-to-get-hold of Dicodes No.6 box. Not my best or favourite set-up, but very very good nonetheless :)

EDIT - 50 pages - woohoo, please keep this thread active and many thanks to all that have participated :) :)

Last edited:

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
Well, then, perhaps you should follow a different thread and allow those of us to live in our fantasy world of high dollar unicorns that have no value, in your humble opinion.

Now when did I say this?

I said these mods have no value? When and where did I say that? Where did I suggest you live in a fantasy world?

I have not insulted anyone. If I did, I did not intend to.

All I have said is, many of these mods are very overpriced and price, especially in the realm of ecigs, is the farthest indicator of quality or performance and perhaps, if the only thing you are interested in doing is spending as much money as possible for the rarest gear, well, maybe you might want to reconsider your position. Again, I am saying this because I was once there. Then I realized that $$$ does not equal quality. QUALITY equals quality. I watch reviews and see what people are talking about and if a product is GOOD, I will purchase said product, often times regardless of price (there are exceptions...Im not buying a $50,000 battery tube encrusted with rubies).

high-end - denoting the most expensive of a range of products.

I am curious how you would define 'high-end'?

Reactions: anavidfan

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Im really mad at myself for selling my squape r earlier this year, how does the squape x with the single coil deck stack up?
I sold my X before the single deck came out but I ran it in single coil mode. 2 completely different attys. The X is much more forgiving with the wicking but the flavor was still there. You can actually fill the X too! I heard great things about the single coil deck....but I think the X is geared towards more air. It closes down quite nice though.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Im really mad at myself for selling my squape r earlier this year, how does the squape x with the single coil deck stack up?

I never bought the X, but it is interesting that the R or R(s) seem to be one atty that almost all people regret selling off. I have the R(s) and have had thoughts of moving it at various stages, but I always do a final build before I sell any atty and the Squape R(s) just really performs too well for me to sell it. Some aspects of it are a bit of a pain, but the vape is just worth it.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I never bought the X, but it is interesting that the R or R(s) seem to be one atty that almost all people regret selling off. I have the R(s) and have had thoughts of moving it at various stages, but I always do a final build before I sell any atty and the Squape R(s) just really performs too well for me to sell it. Some aspects of it are a bit of a pain, but the vape is just worth it.
I loved the Rs but had terrible problems with resistance fluctuations so moved it on. Tried X twice but had the same problems, even though it was supposed to be fixed. Also could never sort out the weeping juice issue around the bottom and for both the units, it was nigh on impossible to use the lock/fill as it was just so damn tight. Nice vape though!!

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know where can I purchase spare tanks for the Hussar?
If you can't find stock and you're in a pinch I can confirm the fasttech spares fit. They're incredibly cheap... I tried 2 of each size at first, both size tanks fit with the authentic but cant compare to original bc both got left in a hotel room in Seattle along with my special hussar cap.

Last edited:
Reactions: anavidfan

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Vaping is about personal choice and most of us spend a lot of time using our gear, so what is wrong with enjoying the gear you use, whether it be "high-end" or easily accessible ? This is not about 'mine is better than yours' or ' I have been vaping since the dawn of time so listen to me' - it is about staying off the cigarettes and enjoying your gear.

Yonjuro, thanks for the thread.

Here is my take on the high-end atties.

I consider atty as a high end atty when I see fresh engineering ideas, when the product is made from a high quality materials, exceptionally well machined with tight tolerances. All these come at a cost and the price reflects this. Although the country of manufacturing adds-up but it’s not always the main factor. For example, NarDa (made in US) $90, Hadaly (made in China) $70, ByKa (made in Belarus) is in the same price range as Kayfun, which is made in Germany.

Some of the high end products are readily available (SvoeMesto, StattQualm, Eden Mods, etc) and some are hard to find unicorns.

As with my other hobbies, I am not arguing over the price or availability. It is what it is. If I like the product, can find it and afford it - I buy it, simple as that.

Now, back to unicorn chasing :)

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Yonjuro, thanks for the thread.

Here is my take on the high-end atties.

I consider atty as a high end atty when I see fresh engineering ideas, when the product is made from a high quality materials, exceptionally well machined with tight tolerances. All these come at a cost and the price reflects this. Although the country of manufacturing adds-up but it’s not always the main factor. For example, NarDa (made in US) $90, Hadaly (made in China) $70, ByKa (made in Belarus) is in the same price range as Kayfun, which is made in Germany.

Some of the high end products are readily available (SvoeMesto, StattQualm, Eden Mods, etc) and some are hard to find unicorns.

As with my other hobbies, I am not arguing over the price or availability. It is what it is. If I like the product, can find it and afford it - I buy it, simple as that.

Now, back to unicorn chasing :)

Thank you VictorC.

I agree with your views on the subject of high-end - nicely said

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
For those not on FB, this was posted by ESG - kinda what we alluded to about the air disks a few pages back. But just a reminder to make sure you fully seat the disk and keep a reasonable gap between the disk and coil

the pic and the following quote are from Vassilis whom I am sure won't mind this being shared

"Hi Friends,
Please give attention to the detail that the Airdisk has to be complete inside the deck !!! Totally flash.
Because if it isn't it could happens that you burn with your coil the surface of the Airdisk and you will not have the correct taste and function of the Skyline.
Please check the picture !!!
Thanks"

18209334_425831951110349_1688567181683548154_o.jpg

nclay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2014
California
I think the main reason for selling was not the performance but the form factor, from 510 to coil there is a fairly large distance. I got in the habit of reaching for smaller overall attys and the rs dropped out of favor... at one point i considered buying an xvostick solely for my squape to live on... i still miss that vape though. I may have to grab one again if i see one come up :)

Reactions: Yonjuro

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
The Rs was one of my all time favorites....then when the B deck came along, it resumed it's role as a favorite...I kinda miss it but I don't miss trying to fill it without making a mess.
i got one of the fill tool things but I think I made even more mess using that!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Love my X, RTA and dripper and when I get to Stuttgart, well I'm going to pin Chris down and get him to show me how to stop the weeping from the bottom, it drives me INSANE!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
if there is a magic fix for that, I might even try it again :) Let us know and have a good one in Stuttgart!

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Us anybody using spaced TC coils in the hussar? If so can I see a pic of the build?

For those not on FB, this was posted by ESG - kinda what we alluded to about the air disks a few pages back. But just a reminder to make sure you fully seat the disk and keep a reasonable gap between the disk and coil

the pic and the following quote are from Vassilis whom I am sure won't mind this being shared

"Hi Friends,
Please give attention to the detail that the Airdisk has to be complete inside the deck !!! Totally flash.
Because if it isn't it could happens that you burn with your coil the surface of the Airdisk and you will not have the correct taste and function of the Skyline.
Please check the picture !!!
Thanks"

View attachment 653131

On the one Sky deck my cousin bought looks like that, I thought it was strange bx the peek insert felt like it wasn't going all the way down and too close to the coil.

imo an SS insert instead of peek. somebody should make it.

Reactions: Yonjuro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread