Cylaid 10A 3500mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...a rewrapped 8A battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    To prevent any confusion with the eGo-type "batteries", I use the term "cell" here to refer to a single 18350, 18650, 20700/21700, 26650, etc.

While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

IMG_5184.JPG IMG_5185.JPG IMG_5186.JPG IMG_5187.JPG

Bottom Line
    This Cylaid is a slightly overrated cell with a useless pulse rating. It matches the Samsung 35E in both appearance and in performance.

While this cell has the claimed 10A rating in fine print on the wrap it has a useless 20A "max pulse discharge" rating on the wrap too. It also features "20A" in a larger font which many people will use as the cell's rating when shopping or when a vendor displays it on their web site. For these reasons I feel the large "20A" rating, or any "pulse" or "max" rating, is misleading and shouldn't be used.

I am rating this Cylaid at 8A and 3500mAh.

My thanks to Cylaid for donating the two cells for testing! (Shenzhen Cylaid Technology Co., Ltd. - Electronic products,E-cigarette)

Continuous-Current Comparison to Samsung 35E
    IMG_5210.PNG

Pulse-Current Test Results
    No pulse testing was done as this is a Samsung 35E rewrap.

Always Remember
    ⁃ There is no 18650 with a factory/manufacturer rating over 30A continuous.
    - There is no 3000mAh 18650 that can have a rating over 20A continuous.
    ⁃ There is no 3100mAh-3600mAh 18650 that can have a rating over 10A continuous.
    ⁃ There is no 18650 available to vapers that has a capacity rating over 3600mAh.

Comments
    • At 5A continuous this cell delivered almost 3150mAh. This is average performance for a high internal resistance 3500mAh rated cell so I am rating it at 3500mAh.
    To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread