Cthulhu Gaia RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Which one is the boreas? Is that the pindad from bomber tec to the right of the Gaia? Been tempted to get that little sucker ;-) glad to hear you're enjoying all of you're toys DP,what's next on your want list my friend?
I have #0001 Boreas!

And yes that's a Pindad and it's awesome just like the Gaia.
5765aad66de16d98d60e0cfed9bb88a0.jpg
d97e710a7fbae3d87e59d1023814d545.jpg
58d008bd6ba1421161b966d06285d81e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I have #0001 Boreas!

And yes that's a Pindad and it's awesome just like the Gaia.
5765aad66de16d98d60e0cfed9bb88a0.jpg
d97e710a7fbae3d87e59d1023814d545.jpg
58d008bd6ba1421161b966d06285d81e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Looks great,thanks for posting pics my friend,since you have both I would love to hear your thoughts and differences good and bad beets the two,it would be a great help in deciding wether to get one or not,thanks a lot bud;-)

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Franck...brother!
The Boreas is the one behind the atty to the left of the Gaia...has the 3 little air holes showing.
My next one will probably be the Merlin RDTA. By Augvape...they also made the Boreas. But, like you, I am curious about the one on the right...the Pindad. I like the looks of that one, but it is side airflow only. I prefer to have bottom airflow...I'm old school!

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Franck...brother!
The Boreas is the one behind the atty to the left of the Gaia...has the 3 little air holes showing.
My next one will probably be the Merlin RDTA. By Augvape...they also made the Boreas. But, like you, I am curious about the one on the right...the Pindad. I like the looks of that one, but it is side airflow only. I prefer to have bottom airflow...I'm old school!
Thanks bud,oh YA that's right it is side airflow only:-/ hopefully our friend will give us a good comparison between the pindad and the Gaia cause I don't trust the you tubers anymore :-( what I really want to know is if the airflow of the pindad is as smooth as the Gaia,so the Merlin hey,that thing as been out for a few months now,am kinda over bottom airflow tanks,they always seem to leak on me.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Thanks bud,oh YA that's right it is side airflow only:-/ hopefully our friend will give us a good comparison between the pindad and the Gaia cause I don't trust the you tubers anymore :-( what I really want to know is if the airflow of the pindad is as smooth as the Gaia,so the Merlin hey,that thing as been out for a few months now,am kinda over bottom airflow tanks,they always seem to leak on me.
Oh never mind I know the one you're talking about,it's the one with the metal design around the glass right? it reminds me of a piece of rod iron fence,cannot get over the look,it ain't for me..

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Yeah, the "S" cut out...stands for Satan...LOL Yeah, it is a little decorative. I am also looking at the Ivogo Atomic RDTA...but it is not released yet. I like the looks of it. And 1 or 2 good reviews. (for what they are worth.)
Yes yes brother,you and I have the same taste,I've been looking at the Ivogo Atomic as well but it might be quiet some time before it gets released,but then again one never knows,hopefully soon fingers crossed for both of us;-)

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME

Bombertech Pindad -
22mm
Velocity style easy to build deck but it's a little small. I comfortably run 2.5mm coils
Easy cotton placement (slots versus holes)
Excellent build quality
Airflow control works terrific
BF pin and squonking works flawlessly
Slotted grub screws are kind of crap, replaced with M2.5X3 allen head grub screws
510 driptip adapter
Single coil adapter
PMA plastic tank with spare (had zero issues with "tank cracking" juice)
Threaded top/driptip is very comfortable and the perfect size
Purchased here for $50: PinDad Drip Tank by BomberTech

Cthulhu Gaia -
24mm
Large Velocity deck, easily takes 3mm coils
Holes for cotton, not the biggest but no problem
Build quality is excellent as well
Airflow control - works well but if you don't want bottom airflow the side airflow will be off center
Squonking works awesome
Screws are good quality and a standard M3X3
Altum driptip is perfect, not to big or small plus comes with a 510 adapter
Spare glass
No single coil adapter
Gets a little juicy around the side airflow if it is open just like velocity RDA's do
Very tight top cap o-ring that gets broken in pretty quick
Purchased for $28 on Fasttech

Comparing the airflows -
Obviously the Gaia has more options and a wider airflow. The wide open Pindad is just slightly restricted. Both toppers are smooth as silk and I couldn't pick which one has the better flavor. They are both superb in that department.

Bottom line, I love both and glad I bought each of them. Probably the biggest deciding factor between the two is the diameter more so than anything else.

I also have two Split Atty BF RDTA clones, one SMJY and another no name clone from Fasttech. They are a little more challenging to build but very satisfying. The original is sold here for the low price of $159.95! The Split Atty by DNV
Clones are $10 to $17 on Fasttech: $16.81 SJMY Split R Atty Styled RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - 1.3ml / stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last in my BF RDTA collection is a modified Wismec Theorem, It took some elbow grease to drill through the post under the deck but it works excellent.

Caveat about my Boreas #0001... I was shocked when I received #0001, I am friends with Roxynoodle the designer of the Boreas and Merlin, so I offered to trade with her. I thought it only right that the lady behind the tank should get the very first Boreas off the production line. She refused and told me to enjoy it. A few months later the Merlin came out and I saw someone who had received Merlin #0001 offered just like I did to trade with her. I jumped in and insisted that she take my Boreas as well. In the end she said since I had been vaping on it for a few months she would trade just the bottom cap with me. So I have the body of the Boreas #0001 but the bottom cap now says #0031.

Sorry for being so long winded.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Bombertech Pindad -
22mm
Velocity style easy to build deck but it's a little small. I comfortably run 2.5mm coils
Easy cotton placement (slots versus holes)
Excellent build quality
Airflow control works terrific
BF pin and squonking works flawlessly
Slotted grub screws are kind of crap, replaced with M2.5X3 allen head grub screws
510 driptip adapter
Single coil adapter
PMA plastic tank with spare (had zero issues with "tank cracking" juice)
Threaded top/driptip is very comfortable and the perfect size
Purchased here for $50: PinDad Drip Tank by BomberTech

Cthulhu Gaia -
24mm
Large Velocity deck, easily takes 3mm coils
Holes for cotton, not the biggest but no problem
Build quality is excellent as well
Airflow control - works well but if you don't want bottom airflow the side airflow will be off center
Squonking works awesome
Screws are good quality and a standard M3X3
Altum driptip is perfect, not to big or small plus comes with a 510 adapter
Spare glass
No single coil adapter
Gets a little juicy around the side airflow if it is open just like velocity RDA's do
Very tight top cap o-ring that gets broken in pretty quick
Purchased for $28 on Fasttech

Comparing the airflows -
Obviously the Gaia has more options and a wider airflow. The wide open Pindad is just slightly restricted. Both toppers are smooth as silk and I couldn't pick which one has the better flavor. They are both superb in that department.

Bottom line, I love both and glad I bought each of them. Probably the biggest deciding factor between the two is the diameter more so than anything else.

I also have two Split Atty BF RDTA clones, one SMJY and another no name clone from Fasttech. They are a little more challenging to build but very satisfying. The original is sold here for the low price of $159.95! The Split Atty by DNV
Clones are $10 to $17 on Fasttech: $16.81 SJMY Split R Atty Styled RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - 1.3ml / stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last in my BF RDTA collection is a modified Wismec Theorem, It took some elbow grease to drill through the post under the deck but it works excellent.

Caveat about my Boreas #0001... I was shocked when I received #0001, I am friends with Roxynoodle the designer of the Boreas and Merlin, so I offered to trade with her. I thought it only right that the lady behind the tank should get the very first Boreas off the production line. She refused and told me to enjoy it. A few months later the Merlin came out and I saw someone who had received Merlin #0001 offered just like I did to trade with her. I jumped in and insisted that she take my Boreas as well. In the end she said since I had been vaping on it for a few months she would trade just the bottom cap with me. So I have the body of the Boreas #0001 but the bottom cap now says #0031.

Thanks for all that great feed back my friend,much appreciated ;-)

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico

You Know, I remember this back and forth between you and Roxy now that I think back on it! Those were some fun times when the Boreas was first released and Roxy was around. I hope she is doing well in every way. We do miss her wisdom.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
You Know, I remember this back and forth between you and Roxy now that I think back on it! Those were some fun times when the Boreas was first released and Roxy was around. I hope she is doing well in every way. We do miss her wisdom.
Indeed! Those were good times! I'll let her know you said hi!

@Btsmokincat glad to see you digging it. Great write up sir. I was in the market for a Pindad.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Indeed! Those were good times! I'll let her know you said hi!

Thanks MMW!
Years ago I had a Rose V2 (or 1, can't remember) and wanted to get a "stumpy" kit for it. Couldn't find any in stock anywhere. I mentioned that in a forum and Roxy said she had an extra setup and sent it to me for no charge except postage! What a special thing to do! This was when she was just a "tootie" puffer! LOL It was back when I was drilling out my Kayfun's and any other MTL attys I had...trying to find a way to just get to a restricted LH. Good times.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Vape mail yesterday! Gaia has arrived. Love the looks. Twisted a couple of 7wrap spaced simple clapton 3id coils in her & boy did she whistle! Had placed coils @ center of posts. Lowered down as close to the deck as I could & eliminated whistle. Flavor very good, but I think could be better. Thinking I might try ni80 22g 9wrap 2.5id next. Any suggestions would be welcome. Tried different variations with af & so far like side air flow only the best.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread