Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Got mine today. Loaded it up with a pair fused 26/32 claptons bottom airflow wide open top AFC closed. Vapes nicely, good flavour but gets super hot. The airflow is also a bit whistely, and yes I've tried adjusting the coil position and wicking. I'm going to pull the claptons and try a round wire SS build instead.

Also FT were kind enough to send me a small pumice stone instead of the squonk pin adapter (ticket opened).

jnCprgU.jpg

Noel212

May 13, 2017
Hi..

I'm new here, just got my Gaia
Having leaking experiences when put in on side juice was came out from juice hole in the mid.
Looks like that i have to put the provides screw on. Which mean I will need a squonk mod
and wondering what squonk mod compatible for this aty..I read about G Box, apparently this was not in local shop yet. Looking other alternative prefer with dual bat. Considering kanger drip tip 160 any suggestion?.
Thanks

Noel212

May 13, 2017
I have not rebuilt it yet. Putting your device on it's side will cause leaking.
Yes but if we close the juice hole with provided screw.. it doesn't leaking at all..
Before that
If we turn the aty up site down we can see the buble came out from the juice hole inside the tank, that is where leaking came from..
What I did right now is to keep the screw on it, and fill in the juice through the wicking hole.
Temporarly solution before I get squonk mod..

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Which mean I will need a squonk mod
and wondering what squonk mod compatible for this aty..I read about G Box, apparently this was not in local shop yet. Looking other alternative prefer with dual bat.

I have my SS version on the G Box squonk mod and it works perfectly. I ordered it from 3F Vape I believe. It did not take too long to get to me.

I have never had any leaking from my Gaia...with the squonk setup or just the normal set up. Nothing leaks out of the 510 pin. Are you sure you have enough cotton in the wick holes? What is your juice ration? 50/50? I vape with 80VG so my juice is kind of thick. No leaks.

Noel212

May 13, 2017
I have my SS version on the G Box squonk mod and it works perfectly. I ordered it from 3F Vape I believe. It did not take too long to get to me.

I have never had any leaking from my Gaia...with the squonk setup or just the normal set up. Nothing leaks out of the 510 pin. Are you sure you have enough cotton in the wick holes? What is your juice ration? 50/50? I vape with 80VG so my juice is kind of thick. No leaks.

HI DP2Raja,
The leaking was came out from the juice top filling hole not from the wick holes, juice ration is about 40:60..and it will leak only when we put it on its side, ie. when I carry it on my bag or put it on my car sit. I think it is also depend on the juice ration we use.

As for the squonk mod, how about kanger drip tip 160, has any one try it with gaia?.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
HI DP2Raja,
The leaking was came out from the juice top filling hole not from the wick holes, juice ration is about 40:60..and it will leak only when we put it on its side, ie. when I carry it on my bag or put it on my car sit. I think it is also depend on the juice ration we use.

As for the squonk mod, how about kanger drip tip 160, has any one try it with gaia?.
It will overhang on the Dropbox 160. If that doesn't bother you than it should work fine.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Franck! Hello brother! I have not thoughts on the Troll since it is still stuck in China. FT just keeps moving the restock/ship date out! I may cancel it and order something else (like the Black Gaia)

No thoughts on the GBox because it just shipped today. Should have it in about 7 days with the faster shipping I paid for...hopefully.

Just got the Gaia TODAY! What a surprise. It was not supposed to be here until Thursday. Such a surprise I did not have any extra juice at my office. I am going to rush home in a bit and grab my world famous Salted Caramel Cheesecake DIY juice and fill this bad boy up. I just washed, coiled, and wicked it up ready for a tank full of flavor.

I put dual Tiger wire coils in. 0.23 ohm. Glowing perfectly. I am way excited about this one.
Pics below. View attachment 639491
Would you mind sharing your Salted Caramel Cheesecake recipe with me? Pretty please?

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Would you mind sharing your Salted Caramel Cheesecake recipe with me? Pretty please?

Hey Hearts! Sorry, I have been out of town. Let me get my notes on that recipe this afternoon and send you the mix ratios I use and the flavoring sources.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Alright, Salted Caramel Cheesecake - very simple.
I buy my flavorings from RTS Vapes. They sell 30ml of Flavors West for about $3.50. Glass bottles, excellent service etc.
3% Flavors West Caramel (Salted version)
5-6% Cheesecake (FW)
2-3% Graham Cracker (FW)

Increase % if this is too mellow for you.
I use 80vg/20pg army base. You could increase flavor by increasing the % of PG. Such as 60VG/40PG or whatever you like. As we all know, the increase in PG helps add to the flavor for most mixes. But I find the 80/20 works better in my RDTAs so I keep that ratio.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I buy my flavorings from RTS Vapes. They sell 30ml of Flavors West for about $3.50. Glass bottles, excellent service etc.
5-6% Cheesecake (FW)
2-3% Graham Cracker (FW)

I use 80vg/20pg army base. You could increase flavor by increasing the % of PG. Such as 60VG/40PG or whatever you like. As we all know, the increase in PG helps add to the flavor for most mixes. But I find the 80/20 works better in my RDTAs so I keep that ratio.
Thank you so much!:banana:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
5-6% Cheesecake (FW)
2-3% Graham Cracker (FW)

You should order directly from Flavor West. It's much cheaper. They have an app you can put on your phone or order direct online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread