Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Well Billie, you certainly smashed it with the V3 didn't you!! I have spent the morning with a V2 and a V3 comparing them side by side, same builds, same liquids and I am absolutely bowled over by the V3. ;):)
Thank you for your support! :)

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I think I've had my Calix v3 for about a month now. I was so excited that I immediately opened it, built it (struggled a bit with one missing o-ring), and vaped it. somehow something was off - not much flavor and my vapour was so harsh that I coughed for the next week.

So I let it sit and vaped my other builds for awhile until yesterday.

After completely taking it down and cleaning in an ultrasonic bath, I rebuilt from scratch - this time with a spaced coil at appx 1.2ohms (instead of my usual microcoil).

It's working great now! so I thought I'd leave my impressions of this great atty.

First, let's start with the perspective I'm coming from. I don't buy many atties. Once I find something that works for me I stick with it. My best successes with premium rebuildables came from the ByLeo Sophia v1 and the GP Spheroid. Eventually the Spheroid/Heron line became my exclusive atomizers because of the differences in performance vs maintenance/ease-of-build. While I liked the Sophia's performance I just got tired of keeping up with trying to find the perfect carto tank, the cracked ceramic cups, and the wire-zapping.

So while I briefly kept up with the ByLeo product releases, I waited until there was a finished product that hit every point in my want list. Then I found the Calix v3 and knew I had to try it - caged glass tank, adjustable side airflow, easy pop-top top fill, no consumable cups to build in and liquid flow control.

The Calix v3 is a pretty complex product with a lot of parts (necessitated by all the features it provides) and once you get a proper build in it it functions wonderfully. I get a dense, saturated vape. It's so flavorful that I'm even considering lowering the flavor content in my DIY liquids. The airflow control is smooth and devoid of that annoying whistling noise that some atties are plagued with - even with less than one hole open (I'm a MTL vaper and I currently have a rather tight draw). While it isn't leak/flood-proof, I find that you have mess things up pretty badly to have more than a tiny bit of condensation to blow out of the AFC on occasion.

This is a wonderful product and it's definitely going to be around with the select few atomizers that I keep and use.

There is only one gripe I have and it is more a personal preference that a fault of the product: I'm not a fan of the coil mount points and the fact that the coil has to be built prior to fully screwing the cup onto the deck.

Additionally, the mount points on the outside of the cup tend to, both, make the length of required wire longer and it is tricky to get a microcoil (where each coil wrap touches) mounted in the right position without pulling the coil apart. Personally I'd prefer the mounting points to be on top of the posts rather than the outside edge. An even better solution would be if there were mounts points both on the top AND the side.

The Calix v3 also has a weakness (aside from the obvious and unavoidable weakness of glass): the number of o-rings. There are a lot of o-rings in this product and one, or more, will inevitably need to be replaced so a precise listing of specific o-ring sizes and their locations would be great (as well as a source to purchase them individually).

Thanks ByLeo for this great product! :)

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I think I've had my Calix v3 for about a month now. I was so excited that I immediately opened it, built it (struggled a bit with one missing o-ring), and vaped it. somehow something was off - not much flavor and my vapour was so harsh that I coughed for the next week.

So I let it sit and vaped my other builds for awhile until yesterday.

After completely taking it down and cleaning in an ultrasonic bath, I rebuilt from scratch - this time with a spaced coil at appx 1.2ohms (instead of my usual microcoil).

It's working great now! so I thought I'd leave my impressions of this great atty.

First, let's start with the perspective I'm coming from. I don't buy many atties. Once I find something that works for me I stick with it. My best successes with premium rebuildables came from the ByLeo Sophia v1 and the GP Spheroid. Eventually the Spheroid/Heron line became my exclusive atomizers because of the differences in performance vs maintenance/ease-of-build. While I liked the Sophia's performance I just got tired of keeping up with trying to find the perfect carto tank, the cracked ceramic cups, and the wire-zapping.

So while I briefly kept up with the ByLeo product releases, I waited until there was a finished product that hit every point in my want list. Then I found the Calix v3 and knew I had to try it - caged glass tank, adjustable side airflow, easy pop-top top fill, no consumable cups to build in and liquid flow control.

The Calix v3 is a pretty complex product with a lot of parts (necessitated by all the features it provides) and once you get a proper build in it it functions wonderfully. I get a dense, saturated vape. It's so flavorful that I'm even considering lowering the flavor content in my DIY liquids. The airflow control is smooth and devoid of that annoying whistling noise that some atties are plagued with - even with less than one hole open (I'm a MTL vaper and I currently have a rather tight draw). While it isn't leak/flood-proof, I find that you have mess things up pretty badly to have more than a tiny bit of condensation to blow out of the AFC on occasion.

This is a wonderful product and it's definitely going to be around with the select few atomizers that I keep and use.

There is only one gripe I have and it is more a personal preference that a fault of the product: I'm not a fan of the coil mount points and the fact that the coil has to be built prior to fully screwing the cup onto the deck.

Additionally, the mount points on the outside of the cup tend to, both, make the length of required wire longer and it is tricky to get a microcoil (where each coil wrap touches) mounted in the right position without pulling the coil apart. Personally I'd prefer the mounting points to be on top of the posts rather than the outside edge. An even better solution would be if there were mounts points both on the top AND the side.

The Calix v3 also has a weakness (aside from the obvious and unavoidable weakness of glass): the number of o-rings. There are a lot of o-rings in this product and one, or more, will inevitably need to be replaced so a precise listing of specific o-ring sizes and their locations would be great (as well as a source to purchase them individually).

Thanks ByLeo for this great product! :)
Thank you for your support! I will put the information for the o rings on the site.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Is the v2 pole the same as the solid pole (the one without the airflow control on the bottom of the pin) that came with the Pico? The Pico came with 2 pins, one the same as the v1, the other had no afc on the bottom of the pin.
The solid pin of the Pico will not work on the v3. You need a pin for the v2/v3 bases. If you need one, leave a message with your order and we will short it out :)

Reactions: HBcorpse

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi all,

Quick question before I splash out.

I have a calix V3. Glass broken. (OOS)
I only got a day out of Cv3 before the original glass broke and I don't see an option for a metal/SS tank.

I hope to order : Cage Tube for the Calix RBA
Cage Tube for the Calix RBA - By Leo
caged-tube-for-tha-calix-rba.jpg

Question: Will the cage and glass work/fit with V3 top cap assembly, chimney and base?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Hi all,

Quick question before I splash out.

I have a calix V3. Glass broken. (OOS)
I only got a day out of Cv3 before the original glass broke and I don't see an option for a metal/SS tank.

I hope to order : Cage Tube for the Calix RBA
Cage Tube for the Calix RBA - By Leo
View attachment 659591
Question: Will the cage and glass work/fit with V3 top cap assembly, chimney and base?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
I
Hello!
To put a v2 cage sleeve on the v3, you will need a v2 chimney and top cap. The glass tube works in the v3 sleeve. The v3 cap unfortunately does not fit the v2. The same goes for the armor and plexiglass sleeves.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
When you make the order, leave a message that you want a spare quartz glass for the v3 and we will contact you before we send it to add it to the order. We have very few in stock so we do it manualy :)

Thank you for your reply Billie,

I was only planning on ordering (5) five V3 spare quartz tubes, but they are out of stock.

I was wondering when they would be available again for purchase on the website.

Dripping on the CV3 is great, but burdensome.

Cheers
I

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thank you for your reply Billie,

I was only planning on ordering (5) five V3 spare quartz tubes, but they are out of stock.

I was wondering when they would be available again for purchase on the website.

Dripping on the CV3 is great, but burdensome.

Cheers
I
Please send us an email at byleogr@gmail.com :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Man DHL is fast, about 48 hours from Leo to me. Here is my v3 on the epetite. I wanted to see how big of a coil I could get in it so I was able to fit 316L 26/32g Clapton 3mm id. It has exceeded my expectations

_ot212Fe3IvKRWB389Wr7E8O3Dxk6HDUSupIH9w4J2MZs-BcKE45xiZr2U9u7sst7eJCijLoaeZaEjUGgdrlA1MnTIE_xl9RcFoOhB9N1hxi9hKiiclFGsJCggRozly2YGXzV8mQVcx2n4gcNbbjZYsXlgS5jeHH8e5pz79Jtd-dvDuXEd-J_HOJxGcWmG2CcufHns1Y_3abRKNO0v7hS4ae15BZABauvmNTcIWDlWmp8ls3JkwqUipzJnVv-1_Niyb8F4qf1XQWI8yOxQzm6g3WMWVsKpXQkhdGNKl9LU5YN7SisaSxhvpexV-vN-ckicVtrUUptUNL4H1oWzEb2jhhh7yvhG78aNMItvshyEO2GCCFXx_t4TG0AbmVcJCF3upOe9w6WilhONqKnyeyy8Xv9_KMSrq8tD2ycPXVvD06Izf3-Q5cOhZqpVq3GDT1KGiptcv5qG1cMl_I9w33jQYUYdXUv764PTVTzdyWpr4Swv87tRSQT8GWcp3N6R10bd00IFRcG1p8hhhT5407DZY6Sbs3IJNybhpEzKXDu6XtdFMr9wgdSWXgNOPyeDMiUulWTAxDCiZRjDuqjRfNkhhn5Lce_uOVVgsfkafVA9ZsnLNBuFsGRhQZQJVkP5TZm1rbSQPu6sT0ZnePPw0pULBDNk6QStEbVd6mWMiUd4M=s696-no

Yeah the Calix deck (v1/v2/v3) is outstanding.

I currently run 5/6 wraps of twisted 28g Kanthal at 3mm.

I used to run two separate coils side by side and the build deck had plenty of room for that!

Reactions: Billie-cig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread