GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This.

There are two different insulators/spacers and two different screws to accommodate slight variations in battery dimensions (this is why most of my batteries match now) and different throw lengths for the switch... which is also adjustable from the gpin end as well.

If your v4 misfires suddenly (not autofire), check to make sure that the switch screw is tightened all the way. I'd also recommend locking the switch in your pocket. [emoji5]

Thanks cliffy, now I know I should order the insulators also. You are talking about the insulator of the switch?
I got one of my V4 switches when it first came out, and another a few months later.

If I wanted to see which one is the first batch, is there a reference of serial numbers? Could I assume the lower number was most likely the original batches? If I could be more sure which parts Id need, then I would not have to order 2 sets of each size and only the correct size.

Reactions: MsLoud

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thanks cliffy, now I know I should order the insulators also. You are talking about the insulator of the switch?
I got one of my V4 switches when it first came out, and another a few months later.

If I wanted to see which one is the first batch, is there a reference of serial numbers? Could I assume the lower number was most likely the original batches? If I could be more sure which parts Id need, then I would not have to order 2 sets of each size and only the correct size.

The 2 insulators are included in every v4 no matter the batch. We didn't change their specs among batches. First, you need to ensure that the assembling is correct according to our instructions, see my previous post. Then, you can verify whether the issue happens with a specific brand of batteries or with all of them and fix it by using a different pin in the GPin and/or the second negative screw and /or the second insulator, or any combination of them.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The 2 insulators are included in every v4 no matter the batch. We didn't change their specs among batches. First, you need to ensure that the assembling is correct according to our instructions, see my previous post. Then, you can verify whether the issue happens with a specific brand of batteries or with all of them and fix it by using a different pin in the GPin and/or the second negative screw and /or the second insulator, or any combination of them.

I dont remember if there were any spares when I purchased the switches. I did not buy the whole PAPsV4 , just a couple of switches a few months apart. I should have bought the whole PAPs V4, we all make mistakes...... I told myself with 4 of the 2.5's and the X's , that I did not Need the whole mod.

Maybe soon I can remedy that and get a PAPs V4 and a Spheroid V4 soon :)

BTW, I did not mean to imply that there was ANY fault with anyone or anything. I probably did get the spares, but Ive probably misplaced them. I have a small chest of drawers full of just the GP spares. Its probably just in a little bag within another bag and so on and so on. I just want to cover myself since I do plan on having these things for decades.

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I clarified it to avoid any misunderstanding from a future reader of our posts. Of course, I didn't think that you implied something else, I mentioned it just for the record. The written word cannot convey the nuances of the oral communication which contain many non verbal informations; it can be misinterpreted or missed. The fact that English is not my native language, can make my posts appear intense sometimes :)

Take a look at the bag with the spares and if you don't find them, we'll continue this discussion tomorrow via email and we shall fix it one way or another.
Inspect the assembling with other batteries too. Our mods are for life, so it is a good idea to have spares. Thank you for the support :)

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I dont remember if there were any spares when I purchased the switches. I did not buy the whole PAPsV4 , just a couple of switches a few months apart. I should have bought the whole PAPs V4, we all make mistakes...... I told myself with 4 of the 2.5's and the X's , that I did not Need the whole mod.

Maybe soon I can remedy that and get a PAPs V4 and a Spheroid V4 soon :)

BTW, I did not mean to imply that there was ANY fault with anyone or anything. I probably did get the spares, but Ive probably misplaced them. I have a small chest of drawers full of just the GP spares. Its probably just in a little bag within another bag and so on and so on. I just want to cover myself since I do plan on having these things for decades.
sorry, I'm away on business and having been checking messages all that often.

I see others have already covered the spares of different sizes but one thing to note as well: if I'm not mistaken, the tube length on the paps v4 differs slightly from that of the paps v3 (I can't be sure about the others since I now only have v3 18500 and v4 18650 tubes).

So if you bought new switches/top caps to work with other tubes I think you may need to adjust things differently than if you had only paps v4 parts.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
sorry, I'm away on business and having been checking messages all that often.

I see others have already covered the spares of different sizes but one thing to note as well: if I'm not mistaken, the tube length on the paps v4 differs slightly from that of the paps v3 (I can't be sure about the others since I now only have v3 18500 and v4 18650 tubes).

So if you bought new switches/top caps to work with other tubes I think you may need to adjust things differently than if you had only paps v4 parts.

For the most part it isn't necessary. The pogo pins cover big tubes well. I have a spare v4 top cap that I use on the v3 and I didn't have to change anything.

Reactions: perseas

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Always. Everyday.
412b2456aff1c3715c38630948ba7aa4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Anybody know what part of June the preorders will come? End of June or the beginning?

It's important for me because cash flow now, not good.
End of June, better.

I'm sure Perseas has an idea but he's busy atm.
Ditto!

Really hoping to grab a V4 or two but I have been out of work for a couple months and going to Dominican on vacation next week.

Priorities.... mods or food.... ;)

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Anybody know what part of June the preorders will come? End of June or the beginning?

It's important for me because cash flow now, not good.
End of June, better.

I'm sure Perseas has an idea but he's busy atm.

There's a new news item on Vapourart's website that Vapourday is June 15th with a new batch of GP Paps v4 and GP Spheroid V4.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
But, will there be any GP vase drip tips?
I'm also up for a Spheroid v4 with ultem tank, but really need a couple of vase drip tips too...
Here's hoping...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, we won't make this time the GP Ultem tank and the GP vase drip tip, maybe in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread