Has anyone quit vaping and how did you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Not sure if you mean "forever" or just temporarily?

Last December, I left off nicotine starting on Sunday before my scheduled back surgery on Wednesday. Then I couldn't vape at all on Wednesday and until I left the hospital Thursday afternoon. Considering that I was woozy from the anaesthesia most of Wednesday, I didn't miss it. But it was the first thing I grabbed when we left. lol Actually, since I knew I couldn't vape, I just didn't think about it much. I didn't find it hard, nothing like having to quit smoking.

I hope it's easy for you. Good luck!

Reactions: Katmar

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Not sure if you mean "forever" or just temporarily?

Last December, I left off nicotine starting on Sunday before my scheduled back surgery on Wednesday. Then I couldn't vape at all on Wednesday and until I left the hospital Thursday afternoon. Considering that I was woozy from the anaesthesia most of Wednesday, I didn't miss it. But it was the first thing I grabbed when we left. lol Actually, since I knew I couldn't vape, I just didn't think about it much. I didn't find it hard, nothing like having to quit smoking.

I hope it's easy for you. Good luck!

This would be forever.....

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have upcoming surgery and I have to quit vaping. I don't need the nicotine or flavors. I seem to be addicted to hand to mouth and the feeling of vape coming out the mouth. But I will no longer be able to do that. Hoping that putting the vape down is easier than I think it will be.
o_O

Hi Kat.

I know what you mean about the Hand to Mouth/Vape coming out of your mouth thing. I think that is about the Only Reason I vape anymore myself.

Is using 0mg Unflavored a possibility? Even if it was to Ramp Down to completely Quitting Vaping?

If you have to Quit Vaping completely, I think it won't be as Hard as you may think. And Easier like Quitting Smoking.

I'll be sending out Very Good Thoughts for you for a Speedy Recovery. And know that we are Always here for You.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hi Kat.

I know what you mean about the Hand to Mouth/Vape coming out of your mouth thing. I think that is about the Only Reason I vape anymore myself.

Is using 0mg Unflavored a possibility? Even if it was to Ramp Down to completely Quitting Vaping?

If you have to Quit Vaping completely, I think it won't be as Hard as you may think. And Easier like Quitting Smoking.

I'll be sending out Very Good Thoughts for you for a Speedy Recovery. And know that we are Always here for You.

No, I need to give it up completely, Zoid. I'll find a way. I agree it won't be as hard as quitting smoking. :)

JXR0124

May 20, 2017
Depending on what level of nicotine you are vaping it probably will not be hard at all...Since quitting smoking 2 years ago (1.5 packs a day for about 20 years) I am now down to 3mg nicotine and I literally forget to vape some days because I am so busy with work and the family. Now I usually only vape some at night once the wife and kids are in bed. I do it now just because I enjoy it while reading and sipping on my favorite adult beverage. I think I could totally quit tomorrow with no real issues. I never think about vaping during the day, when I smoked I would count the minutes until I could get outside and quickly inhale one or two cigarettes.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hey Katmar, I hope to never have to quit but if I did I'd pick up a few of those new spinner thingies as part of my dependency on vaping is tactile. Not sure if that holds true for you or not, just a thought.

Hope all goes well with your surgery, wishing you all the best.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Thanks @classwife for the nod...

I'm not sure that my quitting would really help the OP but I quit vaping on Jan 9th of this year and haven't looked back. I hadn't been using any nic for somewhere between 1.5-2yrs now and my daily use had really fell off from 6-8ml to 2-3ml. I think the biggest factor to my quitting was mental when I had made up my mind that I was finally ready to quit... It was probably 2yrs in the making all together.

The only suggestion I can make is it would be a very good idea to get rid of any and all vaping products so as to take away any of the temptations. This was big for me... A good supply of candy had helped out also. Good luck @Katmar with your procedure and hope you can put this behind you...

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hey Katmar, I hope to never have to quit but if I did I'd pick up a few of those new spinner thingies as part of my dependency on vaping is tactile. Not sure if that holds true for you or not, just a thought.

Hope all goes well with your surgery, wishing you all the best.
Thank you. Yes, I think I will pick up a few of those spinners that Zoid mentioned. Sounds like it would keep my hands bury. And thank you for your good wishes! :)
Thanks @classwife for the nod...

I'm not sure that my quitting would really help the OP but I quit vaping on Jan 9th of this year and haven't looked back. I hadn't been using any nic for somewhere between 1.5-2yrs now and my daily use had really fell off from 6-8ml to 2-3ml. I think the biggest factor to my quitting was mental when I had made up my mind that I was finally ready to quit... It was probably 2yrs in the making all together.

The only suggestion I can make is it would be a very good idea to get rid of any and all vaping products so as to take away any of the temptations. This was big for me... A good supply of candy had helped out also. Good luck @Katmar with your procedure and hope you can put this behind you...

Thanks, muzichead. I still vape a lot, but it's 0 nic. Keeping away the vape products will be hard because my partner vapes also. Wish me luck. I have to give it up, regardless. And thanks for the good wishes. All are appreciated!!!:)

Reactions: B2L

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
@Katmar Well Wishes and Kind Thoughts coming your way!

I would suggest only stashing the vape gear because many times we do not know what is in store down the road even with the Top Doctors and Medical Practitioners. And I am hoping that you are able to give up vaping easily because in situations where I can't vape it is nothing like when I was a smoker! Hoping everything goes in the best way possible for you!

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
@Katmar Well Wishes and Kind Thoughts coming your way!

I would suggest only stashing the vape gear because many times we do not know what is in store down the road even with the Top Doctors and Medical Practitioners. And I am hoping that you are able to give up vaping easily because in situations where I can't vape it is nothing like when I was a smoker! Hoping everything goes in the best way possible for you!

True, Steve. Maybe that's what I'll do. Hoping to give it up easily, too :w00t:. Thank you so much for your well wishes and kind thoughts. So very much appreciated! :)

Reactions: SteveS45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread