Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Update to my previous woes:

I did finally get the joyetech Ego One VT someone recommended to me while it was on sale. It's not a pod vape per se, it's not even strictly an AIO, but functionally it works out to be very similar to one, so I'm pleased with it!

I typically smoke 1-3 American Spirit yellow analogs to keep seizures and pain and whatnot at bay. I've set the Ego One VT on L wattage with 1.0 CLR coils using Mr. Salt-E tobacco 45mg. I prefer airflow 100% closed. The draw with this setup is incredibly similar to smoking a real cigarette, and the vapor is pretty cool and reminiscent of an analog as well. There's a smooth, subtle cooling of the throat like with real smoke. It even smells incredibly like the AS tobacco of an unlit analog fresh from the pack.

I tried some WTA tobacco 12mg (70/30 pg/vg) from Aroma on the original 1.0 coil that was sent with the Ego One VT. I really hated it. It was harsh and kind of metallic. But the setup was obviously different and I might try again in the future. I did love that it was so easy to swap out juices and so far there's been no leaking and only popping (never spitting into my mouth) with airflow closed and wattage set to M. If you open the airflow just a bit or set it back to L, no popping noise at all.

I can't comment on how it helps me with pain or seizures yet, as I'm still smoking a little as needed. But my hope is I can cut down to one every other day or so and get some placebo/nicotine relief from this so I'm smoking fewer analogs. :)

My only complaint is the size. It's huge compared to the Juul and similar!!! It's not a dealbreaker but I hope eventually there will be something similar but in a size closer to the old school Ego!

Again, sorry that this isn't 100% a "pod" vape, but it's essentially the same idea especially where the nic salts are concerned and I didn't have luck getting a legit pod vape working for me. Hope this helps someone!

0%onlyflavor

May 17, 2017
Hey guys,
after reading through this forum for several days, I finally decided to register and ask for your advice :)
I am looking for a vape for on the go (going out, parties, etc.) with 0% nicotine option. It should be ready immediately. So only closed systems, like the Juul, MVE, BO, etc. are options for me. Since I want the option to buy 0% nicotine liquid pods, the JUUL and Cync are out. Furthermore I live in Germany and these devices are hard to get.
After some research, the best devices in my eyes are the My von Erl and the BO One/TC. Liquids cost around the same with ~7€ with MVE with 2x 2ml pods and the BO with (2) 3x 1.5ml pods but the MVE has more flavors like Apple which I think I'd really love that.
The BO is smaller and looks better with its 10x1.5x0.8 cm whereas the von Erl is slightly bigger with 105x15x10 mm.
Both devices seem to be really good but I've read that from one user that more than 3 of his BO devices broke within their first days. On the other hand some users said the draw on the MVL is so tight, so they decided to drill the air hole out a little bit or drill a 2mm hole in the pod (Which one?)
At last there is the price. I can get the von Erl for 24€ and 2 pods each for 7€. The normal BO is 30€ and 0% nicotine pods for 7€ aswell (+shipping costs of X€ I think). Then there is the BO TC for 40€, but I don't know if its worth it. I haven't done any research on it yet.
As you can see, both devices are pretty much even in my eyes. But is one better than the other one, why? And is the TC version of the BO worth the money? Or is there an other device I overlooked and is maybe better suited for me?
I hope you can help me out. Thank you. :)

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    As you can see, both devices are pretty much even in my eyes. But is one better than the other one, why? And is the TC version of the BO worth the money?
    I would try the MVE first, purely because they are an Austrian company, getting information and dealing with any warranty issues will probably be an easier prospect for you.

Is the BO TC worth the extra? No, imo.

0%onlyflavor

May 17, 2017
    I would try the MVE first, purely because they are an Austrian company, getting information and dealing with any warranty issues will probably be an easier prospect for you.
    I didn't think about that yet, because in my opinion the product itself comes first and the shipping costs to send it to repair from Germany to france or austria is pretty much the same.
    Other than that, which device would you prefer or is there even a better alternative?

Both devices seem to be really good but I've read that from one user that more than 3 of his BO devices broke within their first days. On the other hand some users said the draw on the MVL is so tight, so they decided to drill the air hole out a little bit or drill a 2mm hole in the pod (Which one?)
    Is the tight draw a problem for 'newcomers' and how about drilling that hole? :) And are there really that many BO devices that stop working after some days?

0%onlyflavor

May 17, 2017
    Buy both, get pods for the one you like. :)
    Wow.
    Just say if one is not better than the other one. I just wanted to know if these flaws like the BO stop working or the VE drilling a hole are normal? Where would I need to drill a hole? And is a tight draw something 'newcomers' would have problems with?

And why are you the only one answering, there are surely other people who had/have both devices and can tell about their experience :rolleyes:

0%onlyflavor

May 17, 2017
    Its hard to say if one is better than the other, what i might like, you might hate. They are cheap, buy both and see which one you like the best.
    Okay, I think I go with the von Erl because the BO still lacks in availability. Where would I need to drill the hole?
    And what is your favorite of both devices?

0%onlyflavor

May 17, 2017
    Build quality or vape quality?

The BO feels more solid and pod docking system is more robust.

Forgot to write that I meant both :)

Maybe I actually buy both.. But I wanted to start with one vape and I can't vape on both at the same time :vapor:
    Availability is a problem of the BO. I would need to order in the Netherlands and shipping is 9€, maybe 4,5€ if I can bring a friend to buy one aswell. So I would need to pay 30€ for the device with 2x1.5mg caps and 14€ for 2 packages of 3x1.5mg caps. So 53€ for the BO with 12mg liquid.
    For the von Erl I would need to pay 24€ for the My with 1x2mg cap and 14€ for 2 packages of 2x2mg caps, shipping is free and I have a 4€ discount code. So 34€ with 10mg liquid.
    Makes around 15-19€ (-3,5€ for 2mg liquid) price difference, but the BO looks way 'better'/'cooler'.. in my opinion because the My has roundy edges and the mouthpiece from the caps looks just not good..

I can't decide which one to get.. :unsure:

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2017
    Forgot to write that I meant both :)

Maybe I actually buy both.. But I wanted to start with one vape and I can't vape on both at the same time :vapor:
    Availability is a problem of the BO. I would need to order in the Netherlands and shipping is 9€, maybe 4,5€ if I can bring a friend to buy one aswell. So I would need to pay 30€ for the device with 2x1.5mg caps and 14€ for 2 packages of 3x1.5mg caps. So 53€ for the BO with 12mg liquid.
    For the von Erl I would need to pay 24€ for the My with 1x2mg cap and 14€ for 2 packages of 2x2mg caps, shipping is free and I have a 4€ discount code. So 34€ with 10mg liquid.
    Makes around 15-19€ (-3,5€ for 2mg liquid) price difference, but the BO looks way 'better'/'cooler'.. in my opinion because the My has roundy edges and the mouthpiece from the caps looks just not good..

I can't decide which one to get.. :unsure:
    you should always have at least 2 devices. One will break/arrive broken/ have at least one defective pods. Bottom line: Vape stuff is poorly made

0%onlyflavor

May 17, 2017
    you should always have at least 2 devices. One will break/arrive broken/ have at least one defective pods. Bottom line: Vape stuff is poorly made

I didn't know vape stuff breaks so easily. I thought there would be 'quality' devices.
    Because I am not even a smoker - just sometimes in the year, I wanted one vaping device instead of those few cigarettes. I can argue if its worth it, but I think vaping is better, even when I smoke just sometimes. Furthermore it looks cooler and definitely tastes way better.
    So I would prefer to buy one device, but buying both would be twice of what I would need and I don't want to get a 'chainvaper' :D
    So I would prefer to buy one, but as mentioned above, I just can't decide..

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    So I would prefer to buy one, but as mentioned above, I just can't decide..
    Bo are to release a range of art/fashion inspired designs, as you wish to use it on social occasions, maybe this will help sway your choice.

BO_art.jpg

BO_art2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread