Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
That sounds like GB, or as I call it "Gear Worst", 3mg. My first, last and only experience with them was a disaster, too.

Well, I did give them a full description of what failed so that may have helped. I do suspect it's a common problem because the muffler is completely supported by the exhaust pipe and, in turn, supports most of the weight of the heat shield. Kind of a questionable design in my opinion, but then again I don't design and market small engines. I get the feeling I'll need to did-assemble most of the shrouds and other trim items on the engine to get the new parts on. I'll have a look later today and get that done ahead as well.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
That sounds like GB, or as I call it "Gear Worst", 3mg. My first, last and only experience with them was a disaster, too.

Well, I did give them a full description of what failed so that may have helped. I do suspect it's a common problem because the muffler is completely supported by the exhaust pipe and, in turn, supports most of the weight of the heat shield. Kind of a questionable design in my opinion, but then again I don't design and market small engines. I get the feeling I'll need to did-assemble most of the shrouds and other trim items on the engine to get the new parts on. I'll have a look later today and get that done ahead as well.
If you need a proper service manual give me the engine type and i may already have it and send it to you.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Thanks for the offer. I have the manual that came with the machine and went online to B&S looking for something better. They don't seem to provide real service manuals to the consumer at all. It doesn't look that hard to fix, more of a pain in the .... because all the cosmetic stuff and the gas tank will have to come off. At least there's a fuel shut off on the tank so it won't have to be drained. If it wasn't so hot out, we got over 95 this afternoon, I'd have taken it apart already.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltizens.

Yeah, you're only five hours ahead now, GMT, instead of seven TMT. Funny, that's actually about the flight time as well.

Like I said, I'm not worried about it. It looks fairly straight forward as long as I can get at all the bolts and screws to get the cosmetics off. Thankfully they're bolted, not clipped, on due to vibration I guess. I'll find out later today. It does look like I've got to take the plate off that has the throttle linkage on it which may be a PITA, but that looks like the worst part of it.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
London has Seattle weather I think, @Tritium When you finally get here you must come visit Nevada.

Wow, sounds like DR took care of you anyway.. I always say the warranty is a joke most any place.

Weather is warming up here and I have been taking riding lessons. I am starting to look for a new horse.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moaning, Volties.

I'm starting to lose faith in DR. A partial shipment of parts came this morning and the bracket that came bears no resemblance to the bracket on the machine. I did an on-line chat with their support and did not get a "warm fuzzy" feeling. Looks like support at DR is like everywhere else, a big joke. Worst case it has a six month return on it and I saved the shipping crate. I'm kind of bummed.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
'moaning, Volties.

I'm starting to lose faith in DR. A partial shipment of parts came this morning and the bracket that came bears no resemblance to the bracket on the machine. I did an on-line chat with their support and did not get a "warm fuzzy" feeling. Looks like support at DR is like everywhere else, a big joke. Worst case it has a six month return on it and I saved the shipping crate. I'm kind of bummed.

yep, you could pack it up and ship it back!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'afternoon, Voltaticalytes.

We're having some damp weather but at least the temps are slowly climbing into a more reasonable level. We got to the upper 60's yesterday and it's in the low 70's now with some actual sunshine.

My faith in DR has been somewhat restored. I got a phone call from them this morning explaining that the whole muffler and mounting plate assembly has been redesigned and the new parts will be different but will do the job. I asked if that was the case, originally, since the overall design seemed a little lacking in the durability department, but the person on the chat could offer no information. The replacement muffler will be here tomorrow but the new adapter plate and new heat shield probably won't get to DR until the end of the month. Well, it gives me some time to work ahead with the rake and pruning so once everything gets here, and I get it back together, all I'll need to do is chip and shred.

So how's the new gig going, Tritium? Things seem a little tumultuous over there at the moment. Did you get to Pipa's wedding?

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning. It has been hot! I am looking for a new horse. I had two solid prospects so far but one got sold immediately even though I was the first to call. The second one, I talked to the lady, we seemed to have good rapport, I liked the horse, we set up for Friday morning and then she never texted me her address. Looks like I am still looking. I do have a mare lined up to look at tomorrow.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
What wedding? I'm talking about the Chelsea FC soccer team/stadium parade.
I thought awsum said you were going to Pippa's wedding :) Those soccer things can be dangerous. Make sure you are near an exit point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread