Vape Mail!! - New DIYer Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

syeroc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
DSM, IA
Super excited! Today's vape mail has arrived and it is my first batch of flavorings to get started with DIY. I have been vaping for over 4 years and made a really sad attempt at DIYing back in about year one. I bought about 10 flavors that sounded good and tried to make my own recipes and it was a complete failure. I was so discouraged it has taken me 3 years to decide to try it again.

This time I have done a ton of research and I am going to start with some popular recipes and learn that way. Take it slow this time!

My only problem now is that my VG, PG, and nic won't be in until Friday! AHHHH!! The horror of it all. Oh well. Patience young one. Hahaha!

Attachments

• Photo May 22, 5 41 41 PM.jpg
    Photo May 22, 5 41 41 PM.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 54

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Patience is a virtue...lol. Never had been one of my strong suits either.

The wait will be worth it. You will find that your mixes will be just as good if not better than the premium juices. You will have fun with DIY and you will find your friends bugging you for juice after they get a taste of them. Have fun, don't get too carried away. It's easy to do. I started out with a few flavors back in November and now I have probably 50-60 flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syeroc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
DSM, IA
Have fun, don't get too carried away. It's easy to do. I started out with a few flavors back in November and now I have probably 50-60 flavors.

I may or may not have started out a little carried away. I ordered 23 flavors on my first order. Vaping has a way of doing that to me. Day 1... "sure this one mod and tank will be plenty for a long time" Day 3... "man I can't wait for my new mod to arrive!" Yep. That's how I roll. Little to no vape self control! Oh well! Start vaping they said...you'll save money they said! Hahahaha!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Patience is a virtue...lol. Never had been one of my strong suits either.

Says the "DIY monster" I helped to create! I've never met someone so enthusiastic about learning how to DIY! However, I've noticed that you have developed at least a hint of patience in the last few months waiting for DIY supplies. :D

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I may or may not have started out a little carried away. I ordered 23 flavors on my first order. Vaping has a way of doing that to me. Day 1... "sure this one mod and tank will be plenty for a long time" Day 3... "man I can't wait for my new mod to arrive!" Yep. That's how I roll. Little to no vape self control! Oh well! Start vaping they said...you'll save money they said! Hahahaha!

LMBO!!!! Yeah I know what you mean. I told the wife when I started vaping I was gonna save money from not buying cigs or cigars. She asked the the other day how much I have saved after buying "vape stuff" as she calls it. I had to tell a fib...she didn't buy it lol. She says you have flavors and mixing stuff all over the spare room, you have multiple mods costing God knows how much along with 15 RDA's plus a handful of RTA's. Needless to say she found my stuff for making unregulated and mech boxes. She's asking when does she get to go buy a new purse or 2. I say you have like 15, you can't use more than 1 at a time and about that time I finished I stopped n said open mouth insert foot. She finished up with saying yeah how many RDA's can you vape off at 1 time. My rebuttals was that I have different ones on different mods for different flavors. Lol. Well she went and got her a new purse (only 1 that I know of but who knows if that's the only one she came home with).

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Says the "DIY monster" I helped to create! I've never met someone so enthusiastic about learning how to DIY! However, I've noticed that you have developed at least a hint of patience in the last few months waiting for DIY supplies. :D

That I have. Now as for waiting for new mods or RDA's/RTA's that may be a different story lol.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I may or may not have started out a little carried away. I ordered 23 flavors on my first order.

^^^^^^
It depends on if you ordered those flavorings because they just "sounded good to you"...or because they were the ones needed to make some recipes you'd found that you wanted to start your DIY journey with. If it's because of the 2nd reason...IMO, that's not getting carried away at all! You did it the way newbies to DIY should do it for a better chance at success.

You'll most likely have fun with it, love at least most of the eliquids you make, and save a bunch of money by not buying store-bought ones any more. I personally love DIY, and wish I'd started it long before I ever did!

One little suggestion though, if I may: You may want to buy either PP or LDPE bottles for your eliquids and not the PET ones that your unicorn bottles appear to be. The LDPE and PP ones absolutely do not leech plastic chemicals into the contents. The PET don't share that characteristic, unfortunately. Just my 2 cents worth.

syeroc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
DSM, IA
^^^^^^

One little suggestion though, if I may: You may want to buy either PP or LDPE bottles for your eliquids and not the PET ones that your unicorn bottles appear to be. The LDPE and PP ones absolutely do not leech plastic chemicals into the contents. The PET don't share that characteristic, unfortunately. Just my 2 cents worth.

I appreciate the tip. I didn't realize that. One of my favorite things about this community is that most everyone is so willing to help out others!

And as for the flavors, I found three recipes that were highly rated on ELR and bought the flavors I needed to make them along with a couple of flavors to start trying to modify them if I like them.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I appreciate the tip. I didn't realize that. One of my favorite things about this community is that most everyone is so willing to help out others!

And as for the flavors, I found three recipes that were highly rated on ELR and bought the flavors I needed to make them along with a couple of flavors to start trying to modify them if I like them.

If you haven't yet, look up the 100 drop test (100 DT). It will save your flavors and nic (don't use any nic in the 100 DT, at least I don't). You can modify or even create new flavors using the 100 DT and not waste your nic and flavors if it's not what your looking for or just simply don't like it.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@syeroc - Here ya go: Go down to the 7th topic and it starts there. Just click to expand it so you can see everything about it.

Bill's Magic Vapor's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

There is a wealth of info in Bill's blog on DIYing eliquids - recipes; how to make bases for pies, danish, custards, creams, etc.; methods for fixing some common problems with some flavorings or mixes; tips on easier ways to do things; etc., etc. His knowledge that he shares, based on his years of making eliquids commercially and for his personal use, has continued to be invaluable to many of us on the ECF.

Last edited:

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
Regarding other folks recipes, I would suggest you consider them as a starting point.
I have made loads of recipes I have found on ECF, and other forums, and to be honest there are not may that have been real stand out's for me.
But having said that, once I have tasted them they usually "suggest" something else to me, and boom I have the basis for a new recipe.

syeroc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
DSM, IA
@syeroc - Here ya go:

Using Bill's 100DT Taste Test Method | E-Cigarette Forum

There is a wealth of info in Bill's blog on DIYing eliquids - recipes; how to make bases for pies, danish, custards, creams, etc.; methods for fixing some common problems with some flavorings or mixes; tips on easier ways to do things; etc., etc. His knowledge that he shares, based on his years of making eliquids commercially and for his personal use, has continued to be invaluable to many of us on the ECF.

Thanks for the link and the info!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@syeroc - You're kidding...took you to something about cigalikes? How odd! I believe you for sure, but...I've pulled it up 2 times now on my laptop and it goes to what the link title says. That's really weird!

So, try this link to his whole blog. Go down to the 7th topic, and click to expand what's written there. You'll find it.

Bill's Magic Vapor's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@syeroc - You know...I wonder if it has something to do with you and @VapeLuvr both being on Tapatalk? Can't think of any other reason it may have done that. I've posted that link many times for people on here, and no one has ever said it went somewhere else. It's a real mystery! :blink:

ETA: When you both hover over the link (or can you do that on an iPhone)...does it show you the URL for where it'll take you? I'm on my laptop, so it shows down in the lower lefthand corner of my screen...that it goes to where it was supposed to.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
@syeroc - You know...I wonder if it has something to do with you and @VapeLuvr both being on Tapatalk? Can't think of any other reason it may have done that. I've posted that link many times for people on here, and no one has ever said it went somewhere else. It's a real mystery! :blink:

Probably is Tapatalk. That's not the first link that lead me to the wrong place using the app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread