What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I've actually lost touch with the rest of the forum. Occasionally I'll cross the tracks but it got to be a little much, even the legal end. The industry itself was so involved in making money, they didn't stop to think about how regulation could kill it. I still contribute monthly to CASAA, but I wonder why the consumers have always been the ones trying to keep the industry open instead of those profiting from it.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have one other thread where it's just a few people that post every day and the past few months I've gotten interested in some of the new rta's that are out so jumped in on a few of those threads. That and the tfa diy thread is one I like a lot.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Will she have her car next year? I know my freshman year we weren't allowed cars so my mom or parents would need to do seven hours to "fetch me". They did the same thing for football games but at least there was a half day between coming and going. I actually got my spending money doing the run after the first year. I'd take a car load of students with me and charge for the service.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Holy cow I'm tired. I have spent the past two weekends replacing and putting up new trim boards on my house. I ordered 20 more boards and went at it again tonight. I got some put up and caulked tonight but have all of the high stuff left to do. It'll go much slower. I got a good quote from a painter but don't want to pay them to do a bunch of trim. If they find a few that need to be replaced then that's ok but the seams on my siding weren't looking so hot so I'm putting trim over them on both sides of the house.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    That time of year for doing crap around the house. I need to stain my deck which I'm not looking forward to since we rebuilt it and made it bigger. Just more boards to stain now. Considering just going with a good sealer as we like the look of the wood now and knowing my wife, it'd take her most of the summer to decide on a stain color. Wrapping up the soccer season this weekend with one tourney for the oldest and one game for the youngest. It's been a great season for both but I'm looking forward to the end. Four practices a week plus games on the weekend left little to no time for projects around the house. I did manage to redo the mulch but that's about it. Still plenty left on the list to get done...;)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I used a chocolate color stain from Behr last year that we really like. I have brushed, sprayed, rolled, and mopped the stain on my deck over the years trying to find an easier way. The railing is always a pain but last year I bought a four foot handle that screws into a five inch brush and used that on the floor. It covered great and was a lot easier on my back since I didn't have to bend over or squat like you would with a regular brush.

Reactions: The Rebel

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    That's what I used last time I stained. Was great for the floor boards but yeah, that railing is a major pain. Especially now that we have aluminum balusters instead of the wood ones. I'll probably just take them off, stain, and put them back on. Then I don't have to mask them off or worry about getting stain on them.

Users who are viewing this thread