Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
You might want to put some qualifiers on that... my wife, and likely many of the women on the porch, can no longer bear children... and at this point, there's no known way to change that. (Or any desire to, either! :lol: )
You know what I mean. My wife can't have kids either but, she definitely is all woman.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I just checked it out from the metro library and will start reading it when I finish the Sci-fi book I am currently reading. When I was taking a Sociology class at UCO a few years ago, the professor had numerous guest speakers come to class. One of the guests she had come in was Paula, a Patrol Sergeant with the Oklahoma City Police Department. She touched on her reasons for undergoing the full surgery and also some of the problems she encountered during and after the surgery. It was quite interesting but the problems she encountered on the job were predictable. There was also a piece done on her in the Daily Oklahoman, the Oklahoma City newspaper.
Since I decided to not do any work in the shop today, I decided to clean up my Reo and put in a new coil. I dry burned it and it looked good so I just rewicked it. Aww, nice, I will have to start using it more. I also have a Kanger Dripbox that I cleaned up and rewicked. It is not getting any power to the connection. I will have to tear it apart later and see if I can find out where the problem is. The topper gets good power on the Coil Master 521 Tab and the battery is good. I pulled out the multi-meter and no power to the connection.
I got 2 more Tobeco kayfun 5's from Eciggity! this week & coiled both today. One would only read as no atomizer. So I unscrewed the 510 a bit, screwed it back in & got it to show up, but that screw was not very tight. Tried to check ohms again & it was reading higher than it should have been, & reading was jumping around. Checked it out & found that one of the post screws wouldn't screw in all the way. If I'd been using thicker wire it would have been fine I think. But my 28g wasn't getting pinned to the post at all, it was just hooked around the screw. Seems like that hole wasn't quite as deep as it should have been. I emailed Eciggity! & got a response as soon as they opened. They are sending another one & don't want the defective one back. This is the first time I've had trouble with a device straight out of the box like this, but I can't say enough good things about Eciggity! They are in HI but I get things from them faster than I do from places in CA, or FL. Very nice people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
That's funny. You are trying to get your garden started and around here we are already half way through the growing season depending upon what you planted...

Yeah, yeah, rub it in. But we can still have frost up till 5/20 up here. Not usually, but it has happened. Thinking that my garden was going to be in weeks ago I bought some of that cloth to cover plants. This rain won't stop so the garden is VERY late this year. I did get all the seeds and a few plants planted yesterday. I'm out of room until things start growing and I see what's what. It's going to be a drag having to buy tomatoes because mine aren't ripe yet!! Arrrgh!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
You might want to put some qualifiers on that... my wife, and likely many of the women on the porch, can no longer bear children... and at this point, there's no known way to change that. (Or any desire to, either! [emoji38] )
Amen to that!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Zeke changed gender identity while in college. Caitlyn was well beyond middle age... makes a big difference in how effective the physical changes are, assuming gender reassignment drugs are given. Also explains Zeke's hairiness.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I got 2 more Tobeco Kayfun 5's from Eciggity! this week & coiled both today. One would only read as no atomizer. So I unscrewed the 510 a bit, screwed it back in & got it to show up, but that screw was not very tight. Tried to check ohms again & it was reading higher than it should have been, & reading was jumping around. Checked it out & found that one of the post screws wouldn't screw in all the way. If I'd been using thicker wire it would have been fine I think. But my 28g wasn't getting pinned to the post at all, it was just hooked around the screw. Seems like that hole wasn't quite as deep as it should have been. I emailed Eciggity! & got a response as soon as they opened. They are sending another one & don't want the defective one back. This is the first time I've had trouble with a device straight out of the box like this, but I can't say enough good things about Eciggity! They are in HI but I get things from them faster than I do from places in CA, or FL. Very nice people.

Sheesh maybe I should check mine out. The ohm thing is the 510 screw, it has to be really tight but never have had a problem with the post screws.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Zeke changed gender identity while in college. Caitlyn was well beyond middle age... makes a big difference in how effective the physical changes are, assuming gender reassignment drugs are given. Also explains Zeke's hairiness.
Ok.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I got 2 more Tobeco Kayfun 5's from Eciggity! this week & coiled both today. One would only read as no atomizer. So I unscrewed the 510 a bit, screwed it back in & got it to show up, but that screw was not very tight. Tried to check ohms again & it was reading higher than it should have been, & reading was jumping around. Checked it out & found that one of the post screws wouldn't screw in all the way. If I'd been using thicker wire it would have been fine I think. But my 28g wasn't getting pinned to the post at all, it was just hooked around the screw. Seems like that hole wasn't quite as deep as it should have been. I emailed Eciggity! & got a response as soon as they opened. They are sending another one & don't want the defective one back. This is the first time I've had trouble with a device straight out of the box like this, but I can't say enough good things about Eciggity! They are in HI but I get things from them faster than I do from places in CA, or FL. Very nice people.

I have had good service from Eciggity. It is still reassuring to hear the fast response you received and the offer to make good on a defective device. It is comments like yours that will have me returning to them in the future.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Sheesh maybe I should check mine out. The ohm thing is the 510 screw, it has to be really tight but never have had a problem with the post screws.
My 510 wouldn't make contact with the battery post, so I had to unscrew it a little. Now I feel like it's too loose. The hole for the post screw wasn't deep enough to allow the screw to tighten enough to trap the wire. On post was fine, the other left the wire loose.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Ohms is also the post screws.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Seems apropos... ;)

content.php

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
N.Florida is enjoying low humidity and cool weather at 61o.......we have one of our tomato plants from last year yielding just a bit, and boy, are they good! I still have to buy store-bought until the new plants yield, cause we eat a LOT of tomatoes, and use them in just about all my dishes.
I had an over abundance of plants from last year, so am giving some to a couple of friends who fairly new to gardening, and they are thrilled.
Had to order out of state for one of my favorite border plants, cause they are unavailable here in Fl?!?!? They are a bedding plant (ice plant-desoperma) and make a beautiful show of various colors beside a walkway.

Oops, mouse isn't working now.......batteries, I hope.....
ETA: put fresh batts in; still not working, so using my tablet

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I was just looking at these boxes of Nauty heads I got and they have stickers on both sides that say "Contains Nicotine a Highly Addictive Substance" Weird.

Contains Nicotine? I'd be curious as to where it's located?

Today, I am not in my happy place. Yesterday, I spent time in the workshop working on an earring holder for my daughter. I don't know what it was about doing it but I had to stop because my back was hurting so bad that the pain was going from under my right shoulder blade around my right side to my chest. It was like someone holding a hot poker to the whole area. No matter what I did I could not get relief. I even had to take an extra pill. I figured that it would be a good idea to take a break from the shop today and I have been going bat crap crazy. I organized my vape gear and made a word document with what gear is in use, what is in storage and where it is located. I really don't like feeling like this and hate being exiled in the house. To make it worse, I think it is being brought on by the changes in weather which I have no control over and I don't like not being in control! Rant over, I hope everyone is doing fine today.

Rule out a heart problem, but it could just be a pinched nerve. My sister and I have had the same problem in the past and it really hurts. Haven't had it happen to me in the years that I've been seeing a chiropractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread