Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
And the mowing continues. Good grief, these weekend warriors come up to their cottages and spend the entire time with lawn mowers and weed trimmers trying to make their yards look like their yards at home. They all started yesterday. They will finish right before they pack up to go home on Monday afternoon. :facepalm:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
They should have seen my uncivilized grandparents home. They had paths under the wash lines and to the out house. The rest was all natural. :lol: :lol: AS a kid the weeds or what ever it was was taller than me. Just stay on the paths they'd say. Might be snakes out there ya might get lost. :lol: :lol: 50 years ago in Pa. Now that I'm older I think they had the right Idea.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
:lol: They did have the right idea!

I find it hilarious that these folks go through so much work to manicure their lawns. As soon as they leave the woods gets back to work on reclaiming the space. They say they buy cabins up here to get away from it all, then they bring it all with them. :facepalm:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
I should be doing stuff. But have no energy or feel like doing anything. Dam I'm lazy.
I repotted basil and took it out to the back deck. It was way too big for the aerogarden so out it went. Now we'll see if it survives out there. *fingers crossed* That's my big accomplishment for the day.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
I've had a tomato out there for a bit over a week. It was labelled basil, but sure looks like a tomato plant to me. It seems to be doing good, time will tell. With not much sun here my veggies usually get all leggy and then keel over. Last year I planted in buckets in the lawn tractor cart and drove them around to sunny spots. Of course I had to park them in the garage overnight so the deer didn't eat them. The few veggies I got weren't worth the amount of effort involved. :laugh:

I swept the bedrooms and straightened up the kitchen. I think I'm done pretending to clean for the day.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
They should have seen my uncivilized grandparents home. They had paths under the wash lines and to the out house. The rest was all natural. :lol: :lol: AS a kid the weeds or what ever it was was taller than me. Just stay on the paths they'd say. Might be snakes out there ya might get lost. :lol: :lol: 50 years ago in Pa. Now that I'm older I think they had the right Idea.
I agree they had the right idea! Ian and his FIL were just unloading the riding mower from the truck as I got home from work. My yard had gotten too out of hand to use my push mower, so I was overjoyed!

Oh, guess what I saw in my yard this morning? A fox!! I grew up in this house, and have never seen, nor heard of anyone seeing, a fox! It was way cool! :) It looked like a good sized one too, maybe 35-40 lbs. Made my day!

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
I agree they had the right idea! Ian and his FIL were just unloading the riding mower from the truck as I got home from work. My yard had gotten too out of hand to use my push mower, so I was overjoyed!

Oh, guess what I saw in my yard this morning? A fox!! I grew up in this house, and have never seen, nor heard of anyone seeing, a fox! It was way cool! :) It looked like a good sized one too, maybe 35-40 lbs. Made my day!
Both things are cool! I always used the push mower when mowing was my job. When I had the first shoulder surgery that job fell to Mr. V. He did it twice, then bought a rider. :lol:

Keep watching, the babies should be out and about with their mom's soon. We're lucky enough to have a family on the west side of the hut, last year the babies were playing on our front porch steps and they were a hoot to watch.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
How close did you get to it? Maybe it wasn't a fox. Could it have been a coyote?
Looking out the bathroom window, it was about 5 ft away from the back porch, so maybe 15-20 ft.

And it was definitely a fox. Chatting with my neighbor, she said yes we have a family of them.

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
We are eating healthy today for our holiday meal. :blink: Burgers, baked beans, corn on the cob, and Yuengling ice cream for dessert. I'm not driving anywhere so there will also be adult beverages consumed on an as needed basis. :) Oops, I need one, see ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread