How did you coil/wick/cotton your tank today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Aspire Atlantis ECL coil
2x SS 317L 26g (0,4mm), Ø3.0mm, 3.5 rounds vertical, Koh Gen Do cotton - 0.18ohm

Atlantis_ECL_1510_zpslytq0bfa.jpg

Reactions: bwh79

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Today I put a twisted-twisted (2 strands twisted, then two strands of that twisted back on itself -- is there a name for that?) build in my Rabies RDA. 28ga SS316L, 9 wraps, 3mm ID, reads .18-.24 cold, depending on which meter/mod it's on. Vaping it at 45-55 watts:

cJjEMz5.jpg
Love the look. Hate the name. Is the RDA good?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Today I put a twisted-twisted (2 strands twisted, then two strands of that twisted back on itself -- is there a name for that?) build in my Rabies RDA. 28ga SS316L, 9 wraps, 3mm ID, reads .18-.24 cold, depending on which meter/mod it's on. Vaping it at 45-55 watts:

cJjEMz5.jpg
I like that. Nice and tight :)

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Love the look. Hate the name. Is the RDA good?

"Meh..." It's not my favorite. Those slanted air slots really eat up a huge portion of the "extremely large build deck [that] gives the user more space for building" so I have to really build right up against the posts as you can see, and the coils still hang out over top of the air slots which means that overzealous dripping can lead to juice leaking out the "eye holes."

When I say "it's not my favorite," clearly I'm still using it so it's not the worst either. I do like the staggered post holes, having them higher on the outside like that does make for easier wick-jobs. I like the wide-bore ultem chuff tip. There is no 510 drip tip adapter, but I hear it's a standard size ("810" / Goon-style) so there are probably adapters out there if you wanted one. And it looks real slick, too.

Reactions: KayP

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
"Meh..." It's not my favorite. Those slanted air slots really eat up a huge portion of the "extremely large build deck [that] gives the user more space for building" so I have to really build right up against the posts as you can see, and the coils still hang out over top of the air slots which means that overzealous dripping can lead to juice leaking out the "eye holes."

When I say "it's not my favorite," clearly I'm still using it so it's not the worst either. I do like the staggered post holes, having them higher on the outside like that does make for easier wick-jobs. I like the wide-bore ultem chuff tip. There is no 510 drip tip adapter, but I hear it's a standard size ("810" / Goon-style) so there are probably adapters out there if you wanted one. And it looks real slick, too.
Cheers for that. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Phil Lee

Apr 30, 2017
Cambridgeshire, England

cJjEMz5.jpg
I believe the technical term for twisting twisted strands against each other in the opposite direction is "Cording" as used in rope and cable making. So that would mean you have two 2x2 corded coils in parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread