Anyone using the NextGen Genisis Atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I just got a NexTiny and am trying to learn all I can before I set this puppy up myself.

So am I getting this right, this can be set up with cotton? I did google it with cotton and came up with nothing. I use aprx 80VG. So far its wicking well. It was sent to me wicked and ready to fill and try.

Im hoping when it comes time to do this myself I can get it right.

Mesh only.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Make sure you comb the bottom part, so there are no short fibres to come loose & get stuck in the tunnel.
Cut the lengths to be the full length of the pole, so there is minimal doubling up at the bottom-
which will interfere with wicking & cause some reverse flow.

Wrap the back-combed piece like a bandaid around a finger & then do the coil.

If you haven't used tencel spinning fibres before, I'd suggest wicking an rda first, to become familiar with it.

Thanks @VictorC , thats what I thought. I read the above post and thought maybe some were setting it up like the In'ax with cotton.

Looks like Im going to have to give re-building it a try. It was gifted to me and sent all set up. I have been using it since it got in yesterday with my favorite NET. Last night I had to dry burn when the taste changed from wonderful to "dirty" and I saw the coil and wick and it looked like a burnt turd.

Dry burned it, and all was good again. Went thru 9mls and this morning , awful burnt taste. Think this NET is just too gross for it.

So any tips for 90% VG non- NET , I have 300,400,500 mesh and only have 28 gauge SS.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Looks like Im going to have to give re-building it a try. It was gifted to me and sent all set up. I have been using it since it got in yesterday with my favorite NET. Last night I had to dry burn when the taste changed from wonderful to "dirty" and I saw the coil and wick and it looked like a burnt turd.

Dry burned it, and all was good again. Went thru 9mls and this morning , awful burnt taste. Think this NET is just too gross for it.
Yeah, sadly I had to give up using My Next-Gen & Next-tiny clones 'cos of the exact same thing....& unlike other gennies & drippers, I could n't just slide the wick out of the coil for cleaning 'cos of the top nut fixing....
The attie'd be great with cleaner juices but as I'm only vaping diy-NETs.........

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Update on setting up the NexTiny. It was a success. Had to re wind the coil, had it starting up too high on the wick and kept getting a hot spot near the screw. Gonna have to practice wrapping the wire, would like to get the resistance a bit higher. Came out to .60 , I usually like to get it at around .80 The top of the NexT gets real warm.

Really like the taste Im getting with my DIY Lemon Chiffon, whatever..... Too bad it did not work out with my NETs, cause it is really good for a couple mls.

Reactions: Caprilli

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
nextiny-0004.jpg
Update, got this baby going great. I set it up with 400 mesh and 30g SS at .90 resistance. Thinking I dont need the open feeder.

Might go a tad lower resistance next time. Love this, easiest Genesis ever, at least for me :)

Anyone know how the NexTiny compares to the 16mm one by In'Ax ?

Last edited:
Reactions: MsLoud

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I just sold my NexTiny to another member and now Im worried. It did not have a serial number on the bottom of the base, but it did have an authenticity card with a number.

I didnt even think there were any clones of the NexTiny made? The person just messaged me asking about its authenticity because of lack of number and I do take that seriously, as I would and never have sold a clone as genuine.....

Can any of the NexTIny vets confirm serial numbers ? I did ask someone about the lack of numbers when I got mine and was told earlier batches did not have numbers , just the VW logo and when I look at the videos from VW and other good reviewers I dont see serials .. Do Vapeware Mods hide the numbers?

Here is the one

Attachments

• nxtiny-002.jpg
    nxtiny-002.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: classwife

Iv3shf

May 25, 2017
Italy/England
I was just going to say it, you'll find yourself better with a #325 or a #400 rather then a 200SF.
I really have mistreated the NextGen (poor sod..) with hardly ever any issues, last week I built on it a double parallel with a 28 on a #325 and not even an hot to deal with, old but still love it!
200SF is a sort of remedy for all troubles (i.e. Sat22 and Rocket R won't even work without it) that's what I think it's for.

Nextasis should be here this week, (Praise the Lord..) and after that one I'll try to get a Spider BF.. BTW anyone wants to get rid of his?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread