GG Tilemahos Armed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiropyta

May 26, 2017
I have a problem.I am trying a direct lung hit with the open pin and diy coils,and i am getting a kind of earthy flavour most of the times.If i take like a small puff (2 sec) per 30 sec its ok, but when i try a bigger (3+ ) it happens no matter how much time passed .I open the tank and the cotton is full wet.I have tried tons of builds and opening the juice control full ,same thing .The wattage is ok ,it happens even in low sertings.I am starting to believe that the big hole wasnt tested at all and i get a bit of dry hit because it doesnt work right for some reason.Any ideas ??The flavour is also extremely mute ,but that comes from the height problem mentioned.First time i see an atomizer with dl option who cant even handle one small puff ..Could it be that the flavour is so muted that it tastes like that?Because its not exactily like a dry hit ...I am waiting for a spring and see what happens there ,if i have the same result ,i made a terrible mistake buying this ...

Ps :I am experienced with rtas so dont bother tell me about wicking, hot legs or that kind of staff.I tried like 50 builds anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: imeothanasis

tiropyta

May 26, 2017
I just put a spring 0.40 mm . I am working it at 20 watts and once more after a 3 sec puff dry hit makes its entrance ,even with juice control full.Even if i press the button without inhaling its the same .Also I never see bubbles wih the juice control even with the minimum amount of cotton.I have to wait a minute to take a puff .I dont get it.why you make a dl option when it cant operate like this ??The fun fact is that all my attys can take at least 3 puffs when i put liquid direct on the coil and this one cant and i cant find out why ...

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Hi tiropyta,

I'm a MTL vaper, so I do not have much experience with DTL vaping.

Anyway, it looks like the juice is not feeding fast enough, maybe because the air can't enter into the tank when the liquid is being vaporized, so, just wondering, how are you placing the wick?, I mean, are you cutting the ends of the wick flush with the juice channels, or placing them inside the receptacles for the wick (the two holes inside of the rebuildable part, behind the juice channels)?.

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
I've stuck to the 1.5 mm or 2.0 mm air inlets and have zero problems vaping MTL or DTL, neither has an issue with my setup. I've found that the airy vape I get when using the larger air control are way too "loose" for me. I'm using Cotton Bacon (will be picking up to some Bacon Bits soon). It took me about 3x before I got the amount of cotton and length perfect. I never force or have to aggressively pull the cotton through the spring (I'm utilizing the springomizer, easily repeatable builds). I cut the cotton off a little past the middle ring of threads and trim as needed to fill the channels. I fluff up the ends of the cotton and fill the channels with it. I have a 22 mm Armed and 23 mm armed that I switch out depending on my mood. I just close the juice control when not in use and put the other on my mod. No dry hits on either of them, even when switching back and forth. I've come to the conclusion that the diameter and how you place the cotton can make all the difference in the world with the Armed. I hope my experience helps some having issues.

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
Since I took a little time off from vaping, I can sincerely say that the Armed is the pinnacle of RTAs, or what they were known as for a LONG time, RBA. I went from the time-consuming setup of dual silica wicks, dual coils on my early version of my Ithakas and jumped straight to the springomizer of the Armed. It was a breath of fresh vape! Now with two Armed atomizers and a v4 Penelope for the wife, it's become SO much easier to change the cotton once a week and leave the coil in for a month + with zirconium wire. The ability to access the deck even with a full tank is pretty amazing too. All around, the improvements and ideas Imeo has brought to market on the Tilemahos series has been nothing short of revolutionizing the setups for RTAs around the world. I am lucky that so many U.S. places that have parts and mods in stock they are selling for ridiculously low prices, probably because the USA decided to lump vaping in with all other tobacco products; which is a terrible move in my opinion. I ended up picking up a GG4S matte with AD for 49 USD and two Esterigons for 39.00 each. I LOVE the whole Tilemahos line, most especially the springomizer versions.

Mehmet Bizcanli

Apr 25, 2017
Arrived yesterday. And I like it very much. :)

IMG_0496.jpg

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK

View attachment 665153
Looks great! I enjoy both matte and polished variations. Having started out on cartomizers, then moved to clearomizers - hating both of them; I finally found a perfect RBA, the Ithaka. I bought 6 of them and used them in the original v1/v2 mode for quite a long time. We had a house fire and I started looking at what had been going on in the vaping world and I saw the Tilemahos Armed and my jaw dropped after watching the video. I have 2 now but am planning on going back to 6 total between my wife and myself.

The springomizer is so damn easy, it's revolutionized the RTA world. I've made some of my own coils out of zirconium that are the same size and number of coils and purchased plenty of the 0.4 ohm and 0.6 ohm from GG. They really should last for a LONG time though. I think as you use it you'll realize how revolutionary it really is. Congratulations on getting your new Tilemahos Armed!

- Mark

Mehmet Bizcanli

Apr 25, 2017
Looks great! I enjoy both matte and polished variations. Having started out on cartomizers, then moved to clearomizers - hating both of them; I finally found a perfect RBA, the Ithaka. I bought 6 of them and used them in the original v1/v2 mode for quite a long time. We had a house fire and I started looking at what had been going on in the vaping world and I saw the Tilemahos Armed and my jaw dropped after watching the video. I have 2 now but am planning on going back to 6 total between my wife and myself.

The springomizer is so damn easy, it's revolutionized the RTA world. I've made some of my own coils out of zirconium that are the same size and number of coils and purchased plenty of the 0.4 ohm and 0.6 ohm from GG. They really should last for a LONG time though. I think as you use it you'll realize how revolutionary it really is. Congratulations on getting your new Tilemahos Armed!

- Mark
Thank you very much for theese words. So, sure it's great choice. I'm using ss wire now 26 ga with 7 turns, the tank is warming up. Maybe kanthal can solve this issue, but need ss for tc mod. I think I need to try the Zirconium as you said.
Another thing that, I'm turning the chimney approximately 3 tour counterclockwise for liquid feeding. A few times later, need to turn clockwise little for seeming bubbles. If not do this, warming up and smelling dry-burn. I think with this way, help the feeding with use air pressure in the chimney.
Sorry for my non-fluent English. From you and also from other members.

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
Thank you very much for theese words. So, sure it's great choice. I'm using ss wire now 26 ga with 7 turns, the tank is warming up. Maybe kanthal can solve this issue, but need ss for tc mod. I think I need to try the Zirconium as you said.
Another thing that, I'm turning the chimney approximately 3 tour counterclockwise for liquid feeding. A few times later, need to turn clockwise little for seeming bubbles. If not do this, warming up and smelling dry-burn. I think with this way, help the feeding with use air pressure in the chimney.
Sorry for my non-fluent English. From you and also from other members.

I'd highly recommend zirconium for the Armed. If you're having any issues with wicking the liquid, watch Imeo's video and how he places the cotton in the atomizer. The cotton wicks from the ends to the middle, ole Phil figured that one out on his X1 video. Make sure you cut the ends of the cotton almost flush with the channels and fluff up the ends. How you place the cotton in the Armed makes a big difference on performance.

Your messages are fine! :) I get what you're trying to say.

-Mark

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

View attachment 665153
my deep congratulations for your choice Mehmet!!

As for the way we put wick inside Armed to avoid burn taste, dont cut it flush to the channels but leave 2mm of wick per side and then put it inside the deck :)

Mehmet Bizcanli

Apr 25, 2017
my deep congratulations for your choice Mehmet!!

As for the way we put wick inside Armed to avoid burn taste, dont cut it flush to the channels but leave 2mm of wick per side and then put it inside the deck :)
I did last setup just same your said. And problem solved. Now, trying to success on tc mod with ss wire. :)
Thanks for your interest...

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
I did last setup just same your said. And problem solved. Now, trying to success on tc mod with ss wire. :)
Thanks for your interest...

Yeah I should have been more specific like Imeo. I've started to tuck a little inside the deck but not all of it. I guess it's just a personal preference. I leave the extra Imeo is talking about and tuck almost all of it into the deck but leave enough ends to make sure it wicks from the very bottom. This seems to be the best way it has been working for me. Any thoughts guys?

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
You have to follow your heart... you have to follow your way to vape with no problems.
There is no right way to set up your wick IMHO.
I know people that put the wick just like imeo did and I know and others with there own way. :)

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
You have to follow your heart... you have to follow your way to vape with no problems.
There is no right way to set up your wick IMHO.
I know people that put the wick just like imeo did and I know and others with there own way. :)

I re-wick each of my Atomizers once a week and try new things every time. I'm still trying to find that perfect amount of cotton and the perfect trim, fluff and tuck. I would agree with you completely - whatever works for each person but the basics are good to pay attention to. I'm a perfectionist so I'm constantly trying to find the "best" wicking for my cotton every time :)

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
I re-wick each of my Atomizers once a week and try new things every time. I'm still trying to find that perfect amount of cotton and the perfect trim, fluff and tuck. I would agree with you completely - whatever works for each person but the basics are good to pay attention to. I'm a perfectionist so I'm constantly trying to find the "best" wicking for my cotton every time :)
Yes I'm also still trying to find the best re-wick but with no great success.:censored::blush::cry:

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
Yes I'm also still trying to find the best re-wick but with no great success.:censored::blush::cry:

I've found the most detailed thing with using cotton is the "fluff up" stage. When Imeo does it, he makes it look so easy. I always trim my cotton off a little long and then trim it down, fluff, tuck, fluff, trim off the top of the cotton that sticks up, fluff, use the chimney to cut all the extra cotton off, then prime and use.

I have to pay more attention to making sure all the cotton is in the channel if I'm re-wicking a full tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread