Geek Vape Ammit Dual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalution

May 24, 2017
No one should produce something with a JFC. Unnecessary and always the weak point.

I hope the Reload rta will be awesome. No JFC and smaller airflow channel so would fit better to my 6 wrap claptons. They don't work so great on the ammit since there is too much unnecessary airflow (not the amount but the airflow area on the deck)
There are reports of the Reload rta owners saying that the build quality is awful for 75$ product, threads are not smooth, one owner broke the glass without any clue why and so on. I'm dissapointed

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
There are reports of the Reload RTA owners saying that the build quality is awful for 75$ product, threads are not smooth, one owner broke the glass without any clue why and so on. I'm dissapointed

I am the owner who said that ;). I did not say it is awful. I would have expected better quality for a $75 RTA. Quality is good - just right on par with other china RTAs. The top oring is borderline thick and very (very!) hard on mine to get the glass on even when lubed - that's why the glass broke.

Vape quality and flavor is great on it though. After using it for a while, I am entirely happy on this side. Would have hoped to get butter smooth threads and better tolerances here and there, that's all :). And I was disappointed at first because I had a chip in the chimney which I had to polish out myself (and is still visible). Might be nitpicky to some.. but you know... $75... not $20 like other RTAs :D

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    I just put my first build in it. Dual-coil, twisted 24g kanthal, 5/4 wraps, 3mm ID. No leaks and it vapes flawlessly. Definitely my new favorite RTA. And using a great mod, too! :thumbs:

AmmitD.JPG

Petabread

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    Just a heads up to those of you having the notorious seeping issue from the bottom of the deck. You can contact GeekVape with pics and they'll hook you up!

I received the new deck that GeekVape sent me (took 5 days, fastest I've ever received anything from China lol). I've been using it for about 3 days now, and haven't had a single drop seep out. Whatever press-fitting issue they had with the deck, they figured out (like the Kylin).

Just requested another deck for my black version that I just bought 2 days ago, that also seeps (so there are still versions out there with issues.)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Just a heads up to those of you having the notorious seeping issue from the bottom of the deck. You can contact GeekVape with pics and they'll hook you up!

I received the new deck that GeekVape sent me (took 5 days, fastest I've ever received anything from China lol). I've been using it for about 3 days now, and haven't had a single drop seep out. Whatever press-fitting issue they had with the deck, they figured out (like the Kylin).

Just requested another deck for my black version that I just bought 2 days ago, that also seeps (so there are still versions out there with issues.)
    I thought I had a seepage issue with my Ammit Dual, but a subsequent build with more wick seems to have eliminated the problem.

Today, I'm toting the Ammit Dual on a Vaproesso Nebula, and the Kylin on Hohmtech Hohm Slice... kinda doing a side-by-side of both tanks and mods...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Petabread

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    I thought I had a seepage issue with my Ammit Dual, but a subsequent build with more wick seems to have eliminated the problem.

Today, I'm toting the Ammit Dual on a Vaproesso Nebula, and the Kylin on Hohmtech Hohm Slice... kinda doing a side-by-side of both tanks and mods...

I'm glad yours is good now! I'm glad not all these are affected.

I wish mine had been a wicking issue. To test it, I jammed the channels full of wick, to the point of dry hits, and it still seeped out. Even worse actually, since no juice could get to the coils, it just emptied thru whatever gap in the deck there is causing the seeping issue. I'm just really glad they acknowledged it. Really good on them!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I'm glad yours is good now! I'm glad not all these are affected.

I wish mine had been a wicking issue. To test it, I jammed the channels full of wick, to the point of dry hits, and it still seeped out. Even worse actually, since no juice could get to the coils, it just emptied thru whatever gap in the deck there is causing the seeping issue. I'm just really glad they acknowledged it. Really good on them!
    Unlike some other companies *coughaugvapemerlincough*

elzafir

Jun 12, 2017
    Ammit Dual owner here. I just started vaping 6 weeks ago and bought the Smoant Battlestar as my first mod. I didn't thought much about the tank and got myself the Battlestar RTA. Little did I know that the chamber is too small for my 3.5mm Demon Killer pre-made coils. So I bought the Ammit Dual and have been loving it. I love using the tank, especially the 6ml extension.

I experienced leaking in my first week, but has adjusted my wicking technique and it never leaks anymore. I do experience some condensation, juice sandwich, and seeping, tho. But it doesn't bother me that much.

Since it is only my second tank, I couldn't compare to other popular RBAs, but I seem to be guzzling juice with this tank. I devour around 25ml of ejuice per day. Coils resistance usually varies between 0.17 to 0.20. I vape 70vg-30pg 3mg nic juice. I used to be a two packs a day guy, though.

I want to get in more into vaping and try other stuff. For my next mod I already had my eyes set on the black leather Lost Vape Therion 166.

My question, is there any reason for me to get an RDA, with the Ammit already have great flavor?

Last edited:

johnnyelevator

ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2011
    long beach, ca
    Ammit Dual owner here. I just started vaping 6 weeks ago and bought the Smoant Battlestar as my first mod. I didn't thought much about the tank and got myself the Battlestar RTA. Little did I know that the chamber is too small for my 3.5mm Demon Killer pre-made coils. So I bought the Ammit Dual and have been loving it. I love using the tank, especially the 6ml extension.

I experienced leaking in my first week, but has adjusted my wicking technique and it never leaks anymore. I do experience some condensation, juice sandwich, and seeping, tho. Although it doesn't bother me that much.

Since it is only my second tank, I couldn't compare to other popular RBAs, but I seem to be guzzling juice with this tank. I devour around 25ml of ejuice per day. Coils resistance usually varies between 0.17 to 0.20. I vape 70vg-30pg 3mg nic juice. I used to be a two packs a day guy, though.

I want to get in more into vaping and try other stuff. For my next mod I already had my eyes set on the black leather Lost Vape Therion 166.

My question, is there any reason for me to get an RDA, with the Ammit already have great flavor?
    If you were a 2 pack a day smoker, try 6mg juice. Maybe it'll reduce how much you are Vaping.

Yes, try an rda. Also try an rdta. It's fun. Congratulations on quiting cigs.

elzafir

Jun 12, 2017
    I think most people eventually at least try an RDA to see what it's all about.

What do you think it's about, when compared to the Ammit Dual?

If you were a 2 pack a day smoker, try 6mg juice. Maybe it'll reduce how much you are Vaping.

Yes, try an rda. Also try an rdta. It's fun. Congratulations on quiting cigs.

Yes, I just ordered 5x 50ml bottles of 6mg of Nasty Juice. Hopefully it will last me a month.

Can you recommend me an RDA and RDTA? I don't mind buying clones, if it's a good one. I want to try the best RDA and RDTA, since I already have the Ammit Dual which probably is one of the best tanks on the market right now.

Thanks guys.

Reactions: DP2Raja

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Can you recommend me an RDA and RDTA? I don't mind buying clones, if it's a good one. I want to try the best RDA and RDTA, since I already have the Ammit Dual which probably is one of the best tanks on the market right now.

I find the Ammit to be a great flavor atty. I was not really expecting it to be this good. Mine does not leak at all. I run a 0.22, 3mm Tiger wire coil at about 65 watts. Really enjoying this atty.

elizfir, I do not have an RDA, but for RDTA attys I am using 3 main ones right now. The Gaia (slightly restricted lung hit, only 2ml tank so you need a squonk mod to take it out to dinner! I also love my VGOD trick tank. Great vape and flavor on that. And I have been using the Limitless, "Limited" edition. It has side and bottom airflow and the flavor is really good. There are a lot of choices out there.

Congrats for getting off the smokies my Man! Keep on Vaping. Next thing you know you will have 8-10 mods and 20 different tanks...that's the fun of it!

elzafir

Jun 12, 2017
    I find the Ammit to be a great flavor atty. I was not really expecting it to be this good. Mine does not leak at all. I run a 0.22, 3mm Tiger wire coil at about 65 watts. Really enjoying this atty.

elizfir, I do not have an RDA, but for RDTA attys I am using 3 main ones right now. The Gaia (slightly restricted lung hit, only 2ml tank so you need a squonk mod to take it out to dinner! I also love my VGOD trick tank. Great vape and flavor on that. And I have been using the Limitless, "Limited" edition. It has side and bottom airflow and the flavor is really good. There are a lot of choices out there.

Congrats for getting off the smokies my Man! Keep on Vaping. Next thing you know you will have 8-10 mods and 20 different tanks...that's the fun of it!

Hey man, thanks! I still smoke occasionally though, mainly because my vape ran out of juice or batteries (I already have 6x Sony VTC6 fully charged every morning). But it's still only around 1-5 sticks per week, compared to the 280 sticks/week I smoked previously.

Between the VGOD Tricktank RDTA and the iJoy Limitless, which one would you say is better? And how would they compare to the Ammit Dual in terms of flavor and vapor?

Also, I'm currently fighting the urge to not buy the black Lost Vape Therion 166. I REALLY want it. It's so handsome. But I couldn't justify it because my Smoant Battlestar still satisfy me. Why would I want two mods? (really asking here).

Petabread

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    Hey man, thanks! I still smoke occasionally though, mainly because my vape ran out of juice or batteries (I already have 6x Sony VTC6 fully charged every morning). But it's still only around 1-5 sticks per week, compared to the 280 sticks/week I smoked previously.

Between the VGOD Tricktank RDTA and the iJoy Limitless, which one would you say is better? And how would they compare to the Ammit Dual in terms of flavor and vapor?

Also, I'm currently fighting the urge to not buy the black Lost Vape Therion 166. I REALLY want it. It's so handsome. But I couldn't justify it because my Smoant Battlestar still satisfy me. Why would I want two mods? (really asking here).
    iJoy Limitless is great. I love mine. Much better than the Ammit Dual (it's a problematic tank). There's going to be much more vapor on the Limitless because of the sheer amount of airflow on it, but that ultimately depends on your build in it.

As far as having multiple mods - they're all different. Not just different looking, but they all perform differently, and some better than others. The DNA board (in the Lost Vape Therion) is a stellar chip, you can tweak it pretty much any way you want - but more than anything, it uses (arguably) the best (most reliable) chip on the market. Especially if you're after temp control.

My biggest reason for having multiple mods is because, well...when one breaks, and you only own one, you're out of luck. If you have multiples, you're much safer from ever having to buy a pack of cigarettes when your one mod dies. All mods with a chip eventually crap out, even expensive mods like DNA devices (I've had 2 VT75's die, and 2 VT200 devices die on me, and I babied them all...just happens.)

Reactions: DP2Raja

mjag

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2014
    United States

I would wait a little on the Therion, should be sooner rather than later that the new DNA250C chip is available in it. Either get that or get a discounted older Therion on closeout.

I have to admit that the reports of DNA mods dying like in the previous post has me concerned about there reliability. I have been hearing about DNA mods failing more and more. I have 4 DNA mods and there all fine and mint but maybe I should sell them off now. Too expensive to have reliability issues but evolv does stand behind there products.

If you a power mode user there really isn't much benefit spending the extra money on a DNA mod IMO. Your not going to notice a difference in the vape with your Battlestar except maybe in TC mode. The battlestar is one of the best lower priced mods to do TC well.

That Therion is a sexy beast though, I will probably pick one up as well when the new chip is available.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Petabread

Petabread

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    I would wait a little on the Therion, should be sooner rather than later that the new DNA250C chip is available in it. Either get that or get a discounted older Therion on closeout.

I have to admit that the reports of DNA mods dying like in the previous post has me concerned about there reliability. I have been hearing about DNA mods failing more and more. I have 4 DNA mods and there all fine and mint but maybe I should sell them off now. Too expensive to have reliability issues but evolv does stand behind there products.

If you a power mode user there really isn't much benefit spending the extra money on a DNA mod IMO. Your not going to notice a difference in the vape with your Battlestar except maybe in TC mode. The battlestar is one of the best lower priced mods to do TC well.

That Therion is a sexy beast though, I will probably pick one up as well when the new chip is available.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Has Evolv officially announced the 250C yet? I'm impatiently waiting for it. Lol

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico

I really enjoy my Limitless (Plus), and the Limitless "Gold Edition" (which has bottom and side airflow). And I really enjoy my VGOD trick tank, but it does not have adjustable airflow and the filling ports on the Limitless are easier and bigger. If I had to only have one of these RDTAs I would go with the Limitless "Gold edition" because of it's added bottom airflow. I think they all give good flavor. Really good if wicked and built correctly...and that is easy to do with these tanks.

Reactions: Petabread

Clmarti78

ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2013
    Rio Rancho nm
    Man went through a ton of this thread and finally decided just to post a question.
    If I don't run it temp mode I've dry burns quickly. I'm using bar minimum wick when building but can not get this thing to wick well.
    I do not get leaks but do get the bottom seaping creating the ring when I remove the tank.
    I've had all geek vape RTA minus the original Ammit even the coil art Azorath triple coil that just came out and no issues with dry burn on any of them.
    Not sure what I'm doing here that this thing will not keep up with the juice that is being vaped.
    Using fused claptons 2 26 wire wrapped in 36 all SS made some 2 28 wrapped in 36 last night going to try those as well. Think I used the 3.5 jig from coil art also.
    Any tips?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread