GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I LOVE those tubes....
GP collections-013.jpg

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I just ordered another v4 (mostly because mine is a little beat up).

As far as spares go, you don't really need any. maybe a spare spring for the gpin?

I would've loved to have ordered more Teflon drip tips and gp single holsters but I'm not sure when they'll be available again.if ever...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I wonder if the listed GP PAPS LUX 18650 Tubes version 4 are truly version 3 tubes that include the aeolipile / Heron engine logo or if they are new and without it.

Exactly, I was and still am a bit confused as to what they are, V3 or V4. Im assuming V4 because that is what it says in description. I remember those photos used to be labelled V2.5 and V3.

I use most of my gear in 18500 mode. Its just more comfortable in hand than the long 18650 for my small hands.

I got that 2.5 LUX tube a long time ago, used. It was very used, not dinged nor dented, lots of scuffs, so I gave a brush finish and its just wonderful as it oxidizes.

Reactions: Firestorm

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
Exactly, I was and still am a bit confused as to what they are, V3 or V4. Im assuming V4 because that is what it says in description. I remember those photos used to be labelled V2.5 and V3.

v3 tube is about 2mm longer than v4, I get battery rattle when combined with my standard v4 top cap and button, didn't try a longer GPin though.

Yes the photos are from v2.5 and v3 series tubes. I guess they are just to illustrate how beautiful the material is, but that this new v4 tube will be identical to the SS v4 tubes (apart from the gorgeous metal of course) and without the aeolipile engraving. I can imagine that Perseas still has some raw rods of his aluminium bronze laying around..

Last edited:

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
I use most of my gear in 18500 mode. Its just more comfortable in hand than the long 18650 for my small hands.

I got that 2.5 LUX tube a long time ago, used. It was very used, not dinged nor dented, lots of scuffs, so I gave a brush finish and its just wonderful as it oxidizes.

Not only more comfortable, but I also prefer my GP 18500 mods aesthetically, especially with short atomizers.

My v2.5 LUX 18500 tube has a beautiful deep patina, but still bright in colour, from light usage over the years. Functionally I prefer my X's and v4's on a daily basis (the X LUX is polished every few months).

The brushed v2.5 tube on your photo is gorgeous! You don't have battery rattle when combined with that v4 switch?

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Not only more comfortable, but I also prefer my GP 18500 mods aesthetically, especially with short atomizers.

My v2.5 LUX 18500 tube has a beautiful deep patina, but still bright in colour, from light usage over the years. Functionally I prefer my X's and v4's on a daily basis (the X LUX is polished every few months).

The brushed v2.5 tube on your photo is gorgeous! You don't have battery rattle when combined with that v4 switch?

No rattle what so ever. I do a wide variety of Gpin lengths and am not sure what configuration I have, but I dont think there has ever been a problem with any battery or any atty. I use the PAPs V3 top cap, wish I had a V4 top cap :) but as long as its the fantastic Gpin, Im happy

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I will try the longer GPin on the v4 top cap, good call!

A while ago I got on a buying spree of older PAPs and Spheriods and ended up with baggies full of 510 connections, various Gpin sections etc. I even have different lengths of the Gpin parts that actually make the contact with your atomizers. I hold on to those treasures. They've come in handy with some of the oddball combos I put together.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
Owning at least 1 of each GP model containing a GPin I have lots of spares too.

Looks like there are 5 different GPin lengths:
  • no1 pin for GP PAPS v4
  • no2 pin for GP PAPS v3 & v4
  • no3 pin for GP Piccolo v4, GP PAPS v3, GP Heron v1, v1.5 & v2
  • no4 pin pin GP Heron v1, v1.5 & v2
  • no5 pin exclusively for GP Heron in hybrid connection with GP PAPS v3 tube, using a v4 switch and AW 18490 battery.
Just tried the longer pin provided with e.g. my PAPS v3 and Herons, I think it is no3, and it just works fine on v4 top cap and button with v2.5 or v3 tube, no more battery rattle!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Owning at least 1 of each GP model containing a GPin I have lots of spares too.

Looks like there are 5 different GPin lengths (see GPin):
  • no1 pin for GP PAPS v4
  • no2 pin for GP PAPS v3 & v4
  • no3 pin for GP Piccolo v4, GP PAPS v3, GP Heron v1, v1.5 & v2
  • no4 pin pin GP Heron v1, v1.5 & v2
  • no5 pin exclusively for GP Heron in hybrid connection with GP PAPS v3 tube, using a v4 switch and AW 18490 battery.
Just tried the longer pin provided with e.g. my PAPS v3 and Herons, I think it is no3, and it just works fine on v4 top cap and button with v2.5 or v3 tube, no more battery rattle!

So glad you got it gone !!!!
I have a set of silver plated set that was put out a couple years ago? Dont know if its still being offered. I got a couple sets and have never used them. But I know if I need them they are there.

I have quite a few older brass 2.5 adj pins around. Not sure if all the bits were OEM GP parts but I have some that have slightly longer and slightly thicker parts.

Reactions: Cmoke

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
I have a set of silver plated set that was put out a couple years ago? Dont know if its still being offered. I got a couple sets and have never used them. But I know if I need them they are there.

Yeah, having a stock of different GPin lengths is more than just spares. In addition to the many bags of stuff provided standard with all my GP gear, I recently added an additional set of GPins just to be certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread