Best tobacco for flavor extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
right with you guys at 21.8w to 23.5 watts
About the same for me. Went from 70/30 vg/pg to 20/80 since I moved onto the NETs and using a single coil... don't care for the clouds nowadays, it's all about the flavour for me, especially with my kayfun v5 mini (clone).

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I guess Im all over the field....
Magma rda single coil 35W @ .5 ohms ( spicy flavors: rum raisin plum earthy tones )
RSST Genisis single coil 1.3 ohms 20W ( chocolate hint non sweet)
RSST Genisis dual coil .8 ohms 45W ( sweet almost graham cracker hints and fruit flavors cherry blackberry based)
TFV4 triple coil .2 ohms 70W ( mild and lite honey hints)

all at approximately 36-40 mg nic. it seems what drives the ohms/watts is the tobacco flavor or should I say the flavor that works the best at those settings :)

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
. said:
Appreciate the comment about the pipe also, recently been attempting to adjust my technique to resemble that approach more.
Try a chimney coil build (bvc). I suggest this because the id of coil will help with type of "pull" one receives. I build 2 - 2.5 IDs for cig/pipe and 3.0 id cigar pulls. I then use airflow control(s) on device to tune it in to desired effect. Same ohm/build you using now just different orientation. Flavor outstanding. Same build as nautilus coils.
Sorry off topic!

Last edited:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
What's everyone's preference on settings for vaping NET's?

I enjoy 1.25 Ohm @ 15W. Kind of like smoking a pipe.

I'm all mechanical so, I don't know watts...hehe. Single 18650 I hover around .4 single coil. On my series mod it's .9-ish dual coils.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
@checkum
I have Mac Baren: HH Acadian Perique now waiting for a empty jar to start extraction. It will have to wait (drag).
As to your post about the ceramic coil; when I purchased my IPV5, 1+year a go, pioneer4you offered a ipv pure tank with ceramic coils. Very new at the time so no review/discussions about it so I did not pull the trigger. After your post, I read link ty, I looked for both tank and reviews. Found only one review/ad. The company (p4u) no longer makes the tank/coils. The ipv5 mod has a setting/mode that runs that pure technology. Must be a non-seller. Only other ones I've run across are for "pot" concentrates ie hash, wax, oil, and even for dry flowers. To myself it seems it could be cleaner/safer method to vape depending on the manufacture of the ceramic coils. I'd also like to try it but I do not want to be left "holding the tank" so to speak when I can not buy more coils.

Reactions: checkum

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Mine turned out great and I hope yours does too!

A generic Perique I macerated a while back was very light in color but had a wonderful flavor; mix it with Red Virginia and Izmir Turkish, 1/3 each.

The C&D is just a bit darker than the generic Perique; just an interesting note to log in my book of NET.

Last edited:

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
hot PG extraction just to see if I could coax some flavor out of "Ryback" but just ended up with a murky mess.

Welp... I didn't quite end up with a murky mess, but, the D&R Ryback Regular (PG maceration) certainly turned out to be "one dimensional", in my opinion. I'm going to have to blend a couple of other NETs with it to get it to shine. Heck, I might even need to go hybrid with this one to pull something out of the hat.

A bud of mine sent me some FA Cola concentrate; said it was a pretty good mixer with his tobacco juices.... Worth a shot anyway.

This Ryback screams for something to sweeten it up a bit, so maybe some Perique and more Virginia will do the trick?

Edit: Blended a bit of PS 31 Optimum and Bengal Slices with the Ryback... success! :cool:

Last edited:

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Welp... I didn't quite end up with a murky mess, but, the D&R Ryback Regular (PG maceration) certainly turned out to be "one dimensional", in my opinion.
This Ryback screams for something to sweeten it up a bit, so maybe some Perique and more Virginia will do the trick?
Agree, ryback reg demands to be mixed. I like as a single flavor(sf); hay/grassy dry taste; 12% 20/80. Net mix that comes to mind is a La red for its smoky, plumish, earthy taste. Say LA red 5% or less so not to over ride that hay/grassy notes? Hybrid; cream with/without blueberry. Myself with. The cream would smooth out/take out the edge of the hay with a mouth feel. A very small amount of blueberry for just a touch for tartness. That same combo mixed with LA red outstanding (IMHO). LA red 10%, (rfsc) cream 1%, (rfsc) bb .5%
What %s used mixing NETs? Equal amounts?
How does Louisiana red and Acadian perique compare?
I have A. perique and billy bud extracting now and only time will tell!

Last edited:

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
What %s used mixing NETs?

I'll be a bit more precise the next go round... however, I had 30ml bottles of each:
3/4 bottle of Ryback @ 15%
1/3 bottle of 31 Opt. @ 15%
1/4 bottle of Bengal @ 15%

I was running short on time this morning, so... I dumped them all together in a beaker, gave it a quick froth with the mixer, dumped it in a bottle, filled up my Kayfun, and headed out the door... Had my pleasant discovery on the drive to work with a cup of coffee. ;)

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I got an email from smokingpipes which said:

G.L. Pease Stonehenge Flake Is Back In Stock!

*After an exhaustive search on ECF, it looks like this tobacco has never been in a jar with solvent. ;)

Stonehenge Flake was produced in December 2001 in a very limited edition of approximately 1500 2oz tins.

Description:
Stonehenge Flake is a wonderful traditional flake comprised of bright flue-cured and sun-cured leaf from Brazil, Zimbabwe and Malawi, with just a touch of Malawi Burley added for a bit of body, and a slightly fuller flavor. Then, we added a hint of genuine St. James Parish Perique, for its special piquant contribution. Once blended, the leaf was steamed, hot-pressed into blocks, and aged, to allow the flavors to meld and marry. The mature blocks were sliced into thin flakes, and cut into 2" lengths.

*Seems to me, from the reviews I've read so far, this one might be one of those tobaccos deserving of the jar and the cellar. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread