Sub-ohming can't be safe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazz80

Mar 28, 2016
New York
.. for electronics, that is :) right? i notice even with a fan going AND a dehumidifier i still get condensation/a layer of film over some of my electronics in my man-vape-cave. Like on my cable box, i notice on the screen, the inside is foggy now, like where you see the time/channel it's on. And on my fan.. lol it actually drips water from the vapor after a few hours under the fan blades lol. This is all with a dehumidifier going as well!

I just read so many conflicting reports saying it's fine around electronics. But it has me worried about my more expensive electronics such as my TV and PS4 home theater receiver/speakers, so much so to the point that i now cover the ps4 with a cloth when it's not in use, but i can't do that for everything lol.

Would an air-purifier work better than a de-humidifier? Should i look into that?

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
You have a few options if you are worried about the vape fog. Even though it evaporates to pretty much nothing in a few seconds, if you are concerned you can..
Open a window, just a little. The small opening will create a vacuum and draw the fog out. If you don't have good airflow, open a window in another room just a little bit more than the one in the room you vape in. If you see the fog rushing toward the window opening, air flow is fine.
Get a fan and hang a layer or 2 of cheese cloth over the front. Air blows through from back to front, mist gets trapped in the cheese cloth.
Air purifier.. more expensive, but uses ions to attract the mist to ionized plates in the air purifier (in the good models) or is basically a fan with an air filter..like the cheese cloth above, but fancier and more expensive.
Vacuum the air. Take the nozzle (head, attachment, whatever) off the vacuum and turn it on, wave the hose around, sucking the mist from the air, into the tank, and trapping it in the filter. All vacuums have one, some have a hepa filter, some it is just the plain old vacuum bag, but they all have some kind of a filter.

Personally, I just let my mist evaporate. The warmer the area, the faster it evaporates, so even if some did get inside you computer for example, the heat would evaporate it almost instantly and the fan would blow it back out as part of the units heat exchange system. If your electronic item has vents (air flow slots) it has heat and air exchange. HDTV don't have fans, but the heat from the components heat the air, which flows out the back, which creates a vacuum, which draws cooler air in from the bottom. Check it out..
This is also why you see warnings on your xbox, dvd player, etc.. to not place on a mat or other object that will inhibit air flow from the bottom of the unit.

mapez

Dec 9, 2016
I started to just use a different room in my house to vape in lately. It gives me a good reason to stretch my legs and not be at the computer for too long, and its relaxing just sitting there with no distractions.

I've dabbled in making a sort of "sploof" kind of like the things college kids use to disguise dubious odors in their dorm rooms, but mine I think still needs some work as it was just done on a whim and I think my design is flawed (used cloth, old t-shirt etc) which I realized is just going to build up with moisture from the vapor and probably get moldy. Luckily it was basically free to make, and I can just toss it and work on maybe a better device to cut down on my clouds around my computer when I can't afk. I'm not even sure if this is a feasable concept but I guess it's worth a shot.

If anyone has any ideas that don't require much or any purchases and can be used with household objects, that may work I'm open to suggestions, otherwise I guess I'll keep vaping in a room without electronics that could possibly get damaged.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
.. for electronics, that is :) right? i notice even with a fan going AND a dehumidifier i still get condensation/a layer of film over some of my electronics in my man-vape-cave. Like on my cable box, i notice on the screen, the inside is foggy now, like where you see the time/channel it's on. And on my fan.. lol it actually drips water from the vapor after a few hours under the fan blades lol. This is all with a dehumidifier going as well!

I just read so many conflicting reports saying it's fine around electronics. But it has me worried about my more expensive electronics such as my TV and PS4 home theater receiver/speakers, so much so to the point that i now cover the ps4 with a cloth when it's not in use, but i can't do that for everything lol.

Would an air-purifier work better than a de-humidifier? Should i look into that?

Just Curious.

But how many ml's do you go thru when you are in your Man Cave and there is water Dripping from your Fan Blades?

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
And on my fan.. lol it actually drips water from the vapor after a few hours under the fan blades lol. This is all with a dehumidifier going as well!

That's not from your vaping. If the room is cool and you start warming things up rapidly, that will cause condensation.

Reactions: GBalkam

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I started to just use a different room in my house to vape in lately. It gives me a good reason to stretch my legs and not be at the computer for too long, and its relaxing just sitting there with no distractions.

I've dabbled in making a sort of "sploof" kind of like the things college kids use to disguise dubious odors in their dorm rooms, but mine I think still needs some work as it was just done on a whim and I think my design is flawed (used cloth, old t-shirt etc) which I realized is just going to build up with moisture from the vapor and probably get moldy. Luckily it was basically free to make, and I can just toss it and work on maybe a better device to cut down on my clouds around my computer when I can't afk. I'm not even sure if this is a feasable concept but I guess it's worth a shot.

If anyone has any ideas that don't require much or any purchases and can be used with household objects, that may work I'm open to suggestions, otherwise I guess I'll keep vaping in a room without electronics that could possibly get damaged.
Well.. first.. ejuice vapor kills mold. Maybe not a layer of it around the tub, but it would kill mold spores in the air. Remember mold needs water and vapor isn't water.
I vape all day at my computer, and I don't mean on a cigalike. LOL.. Big ole massive quad coil drip tank. No problems and I've been doing it about 9 months now. I don't even have the sides on the computer.
Now you could always make a filter from a couple tea bag pouches, pretty much anything light enough to let air through and trap vape particles. To be honest, it is more likely to be dust that damages anything in side a computer. They get pretty warm inside, so water really doesn't have a chance to condense. And vapor just evaporates and gets blown out with the hot air.
If you are still worried about the smell and clouds, you can always use higher nicotine and a smaller vape. You wouldn't be actually using more nicotine, just stronger nicotine in a smaller cloud.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
bdf36ba63355b75f66600e160de20268.jpg
love having fun fogging up my room under the blacklight subohming all the way baby, lolol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NatureBoy

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The vapor will settle on horizontal surfaces and cling to vertical surfaces as well, and attract dust and dirt. Especially on glossy surfaces and plastic for some reason. It's disgusting really, though not as bad as nicotine.

I have a bunch of large plastic jars and several of those plastic drawer units in my workroom/cave, which is where I do a lot of vaping and all of those plastic items get a sticky/tacky film on them that must be cleaned off periodically.

In the basement we have a glossy Formica counter at a bar that gets a tacky film on it over time from vaping, which attracts dust like a magnet. Pre-vaping I could just wipe the Formica counter with a dry towel to remove dust but now it combines with the vape residue to form a gunky mess and must be cleaned wet with a spray cleaner.

Likewise, my car windows never seem to be streak-free anymore and it seems to take me hours to get them clean after vaping. If I use Windex and paper towels on the car I just cannot get the smearing off the windows. It is much more stubborn than nicotine (without the smell of course).

Just my experience with the vapor - it may be healthier, but I find that it creates a mess inside the car and home.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Likewise, my car windows never seem to be streak-free anymore and it seems to take me hours to get them clean after vaping. If I use Windex and paper towels on the car I just cannot get the smearing off the windows. It is much more stubborn than nicotine (without the smell of course).

Have you tried water?;) I just cleaned my windows with water and a touch of dishsoap, and I found it much easier to clean off vaping residue than tobacco tar.

Reactions: gpjoe

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Try this...

81tkyq6iH9L._SY679_.jpg

Reactions: gpjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread