Cthulhu Gaia RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I recently bought a very expensive (for me, at least....$120) squonking rda, and went and got a Kanger Dripbox 160 for it. I actually like it a lot more than I expected to...the board and display are very nice, but it's a brick in the hand, like a reuleaux. I wasn't sure if I"d like squonking or not, but I do. I'm happy to have the two batteries and vv, but I'd like a single batt mech squonk too.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
@franck do you still love your Gaia? I got the Serpent Rdta instead & it's meh. Thinking of getting it on Gearbest since @benley73 mentioned it for your Hcigar Squonk. It's $24 ~ on a flash sale & the Tubro vape coils he mentioned.
Hi judy,yes I still use it dayli and like dp says you'll love it;-)

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Peta, are you referring to Arkons by any chance? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy one in the next batch. Are you suggesting we stay away because they're expensive or because they don't perform as well as you'd like?
Because you'll get that "I have to have them ALL!" mentality Lol. Ive never wanted a mech squonker at all until someone showed me one. Now I suddenly find the desire to own every one I see lol.

And no, the one I was referring to is a group on Facebook called "Runt Devices". Kind of difficult to get one, maybe that's what draws people to them.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Got mine today. Loaded it up with a pair fused 26/32 claptons bottom airflow wide open top AFC closed. Vapes nicely, good flavour but gets super hot. The airflow is also a bit whistely, and yes I've tried adjusting the coil position and wicking. I'm going to pull the claptons and try a round wire SS build instead.

Also FT were kind enough to send me a small pumice stone instead of the squonk pin adapter (ticket opened).

jnCprgU.jpg
OMG I laughed so hard when I saw this,were you joking or did it actually happened:lol:

jeanyang2017

Multiple ID Suspension
Jun 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
ENJOY!!!

Let us know your thoughts Hearts.
It's good! I put in dual Youde Twisted wire, 3mm i.d. 6 wraps, .50 ohms. Nice & smooth. Yes but you've gotta use it with a squonker or else you'll constantly have to fill.

I was telling @franck have you guys noticed that if you pick an atty that is good quality & has the airflow/drag that you like they all have good flavor. Out of all the rta's, 2 rda's that I have if I think it meets those criterias the flavor on all of them is great.

That should stop us somewhat from constantly buy new atties claiming to have better flavor.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: franck

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
LOL Hearts...you make great sense...BUT I doubt it will keep us from buying new atties. It's in our blood!!
But what I have noticed is that I am a much more "refined" (mature) (oh crap, just call me old!) buyer now. I am not chasing down that elusive "better flavor" magical atty...that is soooooooo fantastic and is the "xxxxxxx killer". Sometimes I think the only way to get better flavor from some of the great atties I have is to drink the ejuice. Really...on some of them I don't think I could stand any more "flavor". If flavor is only defined by "volume" of taste. But I think flavor is broader than that, meaning it is about the full experience of the vape quality. Vapor production, smoothness of the draw, drag comfort, and more factor into what we call "flavor". Just my experience.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
LOL Hearts...you make great sense...BUT I doubt it will keep us from buying new atties. It's in our blood!!
But what I have noticed is that I am a much more "refined" (mature) (oh crap, just call me old!) buyer now. I am not chasing down that elusive "better flavor" magical atty...that is soooooooo fantastic and is the "xxxxxxx killer". Sometimes I think the only way to get better flavor from some of the great atties I have is to drink the ejuice. Really...on some of them I don't think I could stand any more "flavor". If flavor is only defined by "volume" of taste. But I think flavor is broader than that, meaning it is about the full experience of the vape quality. Vapor production, smoothness of the draw, drag comfort, and more factor into what we call "flavor". Just my experience.
Beautifully said my friend

Reactions: Heartsdelight

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
But what I have noticed is that I am a much more "refined" (mature) (oh crap, just call me old!) buyer now. I am not chasing down that elusive "better flavor" magical atty...that is soooooooo fantastic and is the "xxxxxxx killer". Sometimes I think the only way to get better flavor from some of the great atties I have is to drink the ejuice. Really...on some of them I don't think I could stand any more "flavor". If flavor is only defined by "volume" of taste. But I think flavor is broader than that, meaning it is about the full experience of the vape quality. Vapor production, smoothness of the draw, drag comfort, and more factor into what we call "flavor". Just my experience.[/beautifully said my friend

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Sorry it sent like 4 times,I swear I didn't do it on purpose dp:-/ it told I had to wait like 30 seconds before posting so I kept rewriting it and it sent them all,my bad:-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread