Help to compile a pre-made coil wattage list

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk
Hi all ,as i have different tanks and up to 6 mods on the go at any one time i keep forgetting the rough wattage on each coil and have to look it up,so i am trying to compile a list .I know it's only a guide but helps all the same..here's my list ..can you add to it in your comments ...eventually i want an extensive list covering most coils available right now ..i know it's visible on a lot of coils but my eyes struggle to see it ..
if anybody takes anything from this list it is worth noting that for the best way to figure out how a particular coil works best for you is to start low and work up slowly and just seeing what feels right.

Aspire Cleito Coils 0.2 Ohm 55-70 W
ASPIRE nautilus 2 BVC coils
0.7 Ohm coils this is 18-23 W
1.8 Ohm coils 10-14 W

ASPIRE NAUTILUS X
1.5ohm 14-22 W
1.8 Ohm 14-22 W

Aspire Cleito 120 coils 0.16 Ohms :100-120 W

eLeaf EC Coil - 0.3ohm :30-80 W
IJOY Limitless XL-C4 Coils 0.15ohm 50-215 W

JOYETECH BF SS316 Coils 0.6ohm 15-30W.

Kanger SSOCC Coils
0.5 ohm - 15 - 60 W
1.2 ohm - 7 - 15 W
1.5 ohm - 7 - 15 W

Slipstream Kanthal 0.8ohm bvc coil 20 to 35 W

SMOKTech TFV8 Baby Coils
V8 Baby-Q2 Quadruple Coil 0.4ohm: 40-80W
V8 Baby-T8 Octuple Coil 0.15ohm: 60-80W
V8 Baby-X4 Quadruple Core 0.15ohm: 30-70W

Uwell Crown II - 0.25ohm :60-80 W
Uwell Crown II - 0.8ohm : 35-50 W

Last edited:

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
PERSONALLY, I would widen the wattage on the .15 T8s. I definitely find them to work okay with some juices down at 45-50W.

I make a point of trying to keep my tanks to a few stock types; when I buy a new tank I often try to get one that works with coils I already have. I mostly build, anyway. So I can't add a lot but what I will add is:

SMOKTech TFV8 Baby Coils:
V8 Baby-Q2 Dual-Core .6ohm: 18-45W
V8 Baby-Q2 Dual-Core .4ohm: 25-60W
then, as I said,
V8 T8 Octuple coil .15 ohm: 45-80W, but these definitely aren't my favorite...

eLeaf MELO/iJust 2 coils:
.3 ohm kanthal: 35-60W
.5 ohm kanthal: 20-75W (juice dependent, yes!!)
.3 ohm ECL head: 35-80W
.5 ohm titanium (TC only): 35-60W @ 380-450F
.15ohm nickel (TC only): 40-80W @ 400-500F
.25 ohm SS notch coil (power or TC): 35-75W or 40-100W @ 350-450F

Kanger SSOCC heads:
.5ohm: 15-55W
1.2 ohm: 8-30W
.5 ohm clapton: 25-65W
.15 nickel (TC only): 40-80W @ 400-500F

Reactions: cloudbusting

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk
PERSONALLY, I would widen the wattage on the .15 T8s. I definitely find them to work okay with some juices down at 45-50W.

I make a point of trying to keep my tanks to a few stock types; when I buy a new tank I often try to get one that works with coils I already have. I mostly build, anyway. So I can't add a lot but what I will add is:

SMOKTech TFV8 Baby Coils:
V8 Baby-Q2 Dual-Core .6ohm: 18-45W
V8 Baby-Q2 Dual-Core .4ohm: 25-60W
then, as I said,
V8 T8 Octuple coil .15 ohm: 45-80W, but these definitely aren't my favorite...

eLeaf MELO/iJust 2 coils:
.3 ohm kanthal: 35-60W
.5 ohm kanthal: 20-75W (juice dependent, yes!!)
.3 ohm ECL head: 35-80W
.5 ohm titanium (TC only): 35-60W @ 380-450F
.15ohm nickel (TC only): 40-80W @ 400-500F
.25 ohm SS notch coil (power or TC): 35-75W or 40-100W @ 350-450F

Kanger SSOCC heads:
.5ohm: 15-55W
1.2 ohm: 8-30W
.5 ohm clapton: 25-65W
.15 nickel (TC only): 40-80W @ 400-500F
Thank you,added to my list :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Are these "recommended wattage" off the coil? If so, be aware most coils are overrated by the manufacturer. It's the "big numbers sell better" routine. There is no need to use it in that range, and best bet is to set it to what vapes best for you.

With any factory coil, prime well, then slowly increase the wattage to break the coil in. When you like the vape, stop there. It may or may not be within the "recommended" range. Regardless, you're then at the correct wattage for you.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Are these "recommended wattage" off the coil? If so, be aware most coils are overrated by the manufacturer. It's the "big numbers sell better" routine. There is no need to use it in that range, and best bet is to set it to what vapes best for you.

With any factory coil, prime well, then slowly increase the wattage to break the coil in. When you like the vape, stop there. It may or may not be within the "recommended" range. Regardless, you're then at the correct wattage for you.

Mine were my own recommended wattages, obv subjective but most certainly not off coils. Seems pointless, as you said.

I mostly do what you do, but IMO it's worth lists like these since too many just go for it and run the risk of ruining their coil. Granted, knowing X coil can usually handle Y-Z wattage isn't going to help shoving an unprimed head in a tank and trying to vape it at 100W, but I see a LOT of questions along the lines of "can I vape this coil at a higher or lower wattage?" that this type of list, made of user-sourced ranges instead of off the coils themselves, may help mitigate to a degree

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Mine were my own recommended wattages, obv subjective but most certainly not off coils. Seems pointless, as you said.

I mostly do what you do, but IMO it's worth lists like these since too many just go for it and run the risk of ruining their coil. Granted, knowing X coil can usually handle Y-Z wattage isn't going to help shoving an unprimed head in a tank and trying to vape it at 100W, but I see a LOT of questions along the lines of "can I vape this coil at a higher or lower wattage?" that this type of list, made of user-sourced ranges instead of off the coils themselves, may help mitigate to a degree

I do get what you're saying, and until a person gets a little experience to know what to expect under what conditions, a rough guideline isn't bad. And a guideline from actual users is certainly better than those made up "recommended" ones. I do think anyone using a variable wattage mod needs to play around (with a primed and broken in coil) to see where their preference is. Some folks will prefer a hot, short vape, and others a cooler, smoother vape. My concern is that some folks take a particular piece of information and view it as a requirement, even while ignoring other important info for a decent vape.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Agreed 100%. No question the best way to figure out how a particular coil works best for you is to start low and work up slowly and just seeing what feels right. In fact, given the overall purpose of this thread, I would highly recommend @cloudbusting adding a note like that to the original post if it's still editable.

But yeah, I definitely still think user-compiled lists are worthwhile, especially if they diverge from the recommended settings.

It's like you said: most people will just accept what they read and take it as a requirement, so IMO probably better to have more-accurate/user sourced hard numbers that work to "supersede" recommended coil settings by the company, while simultaneously acknowledging that the best plan for everyone is to just take the 2 minutes necessary to figure it out for themselves-- certainly for coils that can be vaped in power mode, at the very least.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I used to do the 'work slowly upwards' thing but have found with experience that I can anticipate the wattage reasonably accurately, at least well enough that I'm avoiding any dry hit risk.

Rather than doing a simple list of resistance versus wattage range you have included what tank it applies to. This shouldn't be very relevant to the power setting but if you want to include it then I would suggest you also note where you have your air flow set and what type and flavor juice the range applies to.

In other words there is little benefit to the list you are trying to compile because you are not looking at all the relevant factors involved. If you want some general guidelines there are lots of simple lists around showing wattage versus resistance.

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk
I used to do the 'work slowly upwards' thing but have found with experience that I can anticipate the wattage reasonably accurately, at least well enough that I'm avoiding any dry hit risk.

Rather than doing a simple list of resistance versus wattage range you have included what tank it applies to. This shouldn't be very relevant to the power setting but if you want to include it then I would suggest you also note where you have your air flow set and what type and flavor juice the range applies to.

In other words there is little benefit to the list you are trying to compile because you are not looking at all the relevant factors involved. If you want some general guidelines there are lots of simple lists around showing wattage versus resistance.
i partially see your point but i want a quick reference guide,i know what tanks i use each type of coil in ,and to list each juice and airflow setting would take forever ..

Reactions: DingerCPA

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I personally never even look at the recommended wattage. I set it at what works for me by doing what @Eskie has recommended.

:glug:

This.... I have some coils that are 0.2-0.3Ω that I run around 40W and others I can run close to 100W. I just start low and work myself toward *MY* optimal power level..... That way, I don't have to "keep track" of anything (else in my life :D )

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk
Agreed 100%. No question the best way to figure out how a particular coil works best for you is to start low and work up slowly and just seeing what feels right. In fact, given the overall purpose of this thread, I would highly recommend @cloudbusting adding a note like that to the original post if it's still editable.

But yeah, I definitely still think user-compiled lists are worthwhile, especially if they diverge from the recommended settings.

It's like you said: most people will just accept what they read and take it as a requirement, so IMO probably better to have more-accurate/user sourced hard numbers that work to "supersede" recommended coil settings by the company, while simultaneously acknowledging that the best plan for everyone is to just take the 2 minutes necessary to figure it out for themselves-- certainly for coils that can be vaped in power mode, at the very least.
edited ..

Reactions: DingerCPA

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@cloudbusting - I'm just too LAZY to make that sort of a list...... :D If it helps you - BY ALL MEANS, do it. I've been at this for a few years now, so I'm "more used" to making my adjustments.

Moral of the story - if it helps you stay off smokes, then it's right for YOU :)

Cheers!

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk

they are off the coil or off the web ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread