Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi guys. Using a new Pico with new coil. Have been getting a few burnt hits every so often. I'm reluctant to replace new coil and am wondering what the problem could be. Any advice would be grateful as it is annoying. Nothing worse than charlies chalk dust Slamberry burnt taste.
Thanks
Glenn

Getting a Burnt Taste can be caused by Many things. Or sometimes a Combination of things.

Here's a few..

Too High of a Wattage.
Not Enough Airflow.
Thick e-liquids (High VG).
Chain/Back-2-Back vaping.
etc.

Did I forget anything? Actually I did. A Coil will start to taste Burnt when it gets Old and the Coil gets Gunked Up.

Reactions: Izan

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Sorry I should have stated that I'm using the Melo 3 as with the kit
You would also get more help by saying which coils and what power.
The 0.3ohm coils is very capable. The 0.5 is my choice. Both work at 36-44 watts without ever causing trouble. The 0.3 used in the iJust2 claims to do 80w, which it might now and again, but plenty of people burnt them out at <59w on a fresh iJust2 battery.
If you sense these issues, you should suck up liquid without firing quite often.

Reactions: Izan

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Glenn & welcome
The thing with dry hits is that once you get one the coil's wicking may be scorched to such a degree that it (and sometimes the juice in the tank too) retains the burnt flavor. Additional dry hits will simply add to its bad taste so once you get an off taste that persists it is time to change the coil.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread