Cthulhu Gaia RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
My Gaia has started seeping thru the standard 510 pin :(. I took it off my mod and found a pool inside my 510 connector, almost had a heart attack.

Speaking of which, how's squonking with the Gaia? I've heard some people complain about the squonk pin being slotted, and causing seeping issues down the 510. I have my first mech squonk mod on the way, and wondering if it'll be an issue. I'd rather not have my $175 piece of plastic get flooded with juice on day 1 lol.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
My Gaia has started seeping thru the standard 510 pin :(. I took it off my mod and found a pool inside my 510 connector, almost had a heart attack.

Speaking of which, how's squonking with the Gaia? I've heard some people complain about the squonk pin being slotted, and causing seeping issues down the 510. I have my first mech squonk mod on the way, and wondering if it'll be an issue. I'd rather not have my $175 piece of plastic get flooded with juice on day 1 lol.
I had the same issue PETA,it's no biggy,you have to tighten the hell out of the 510 screw,I mean really hard and it won't happen again;-)

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I had the same issue PETA,it's no biggy,you have to tighten the hell out of the 510 screw,I mean really hard and it won't happen again;-)
Good thinking! Thanks! I tightened it down and still had a leak, but I busted out the big screwdriver and really cranked down on it hard. Let's see how it goes.

I guess over time these things can just loosen up. I found it odd that it just randomly started doing it after 6 months. It's also nice that you can crank down on this 510 pin and have it not snap - not all 510's are like that (Limitless RDTA - one small over-tighten, and its broken.)

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Good thinking! Thanks! I tightened it down and still had a leak, but I busted out the big screwdriver and really cranked down on it hard. Let's see how it goes.

I guess over time these things can just loosen up. I found it odd that it just randomly started doing it after 6 months. It's also nice that you can crank down on this 510 pin and have it not snap - not all 510's are like that (Limitless RDTA - one small over-tighten, and its broken.)
I had to pay you back for that tilt the tank as fill trick,it worked like a charm,so I hope my trick works for you my friend,it should as I had the exact same issue:thumb:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
LOL Hearts...you make great sense...BUT I doubt it will keep us from buying new atties. It's in our blood!!
But what I have noticed is that I am a much more "refined" (mature) (oh crap, just call me old!) buyer now. I am not chasing down that elusive "better flavor" magical atty...that is soooooooo fantastic and is the "xxxxxxx killer". Sometimes I think the only way to get better flavor from some of the great atties I have is to drink the ejuice. Really...on some of them I don't think I could stand any more "flavor". If flavor is only defined by "volume" of taste. But I think flavor is broader than that, meaning it is about the full experience of the vape quality. Vapor production, smoothness of the draw, drag comfort, and more factor into what we call "flavor". Just my experience.
You nailed it ! The definition of "flavor"! That said, what is peaking your interest? New goodies in the horizon?

Reactions: franck

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

What plastic did you buy? Lol!

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

I like it! I got the Coppervape Squonk works pretty good for $26! Don't think I could use the Gaia without a squonker, constant refills.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I had to pay you back for that tilt the tank as fill trick,it worked like a charm,so I hope my trick works for you my friend,it should as I had the exact same issue:thumb:
Which way do you tilt? The holes are on both sides. You told me to tilt but if you tilt away from one hole, then the other hole is filled with juice.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
What plastic did you buy? Lol!
I bought a Runt squonker. It's a Facebook, lottery-style thing they do. Basically on sundays, you comment on a post that is open for 15 mins. Then they close the post off and run everybody's name who entered into a randomizer. The 10 people selected get to buy one. Took 2 months, but I finally won lol. It's a beautiful mod tho, with tons of 3rd party options (like, $40 acrylic doors and $40 plastic buttons lol....super expensive.)

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
You nailed it ! The definition of "flavor"! That said, what is peaking your interest? New goodies in the horizon?

Hearts, I was given the Ammitt 25 Dual coil version by my daughter...I am loving it. No leaks, beautiful threading (taking the fill cap off is so smooth and easy) click AFC, and the 'flavor' is very good. Airflow gets a little wooshie when you close it down, but I am a DTL so I don't close it at all. I am more impressed than I thought I would be with this thing.

Looking for another RDTA but have not settled on anything new yet.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I bought a Runt squonker. It's a Facebook, lottery-style thing they do. Basically on sundays, you comment on a post that is open for 15 mins. Then they close the post off and run everybody's name who entered into a randomizer. The 10 people selected get to buy one. Took 2 months, but I finally won lol. It's a beautiful mod tho, with tons of 3rd party options (like, $40 acrylic doors and $40 plastic buttons lol....super expensive.)
That's exciting! Do tell us all about it when you get it.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hearts, I was given the Ammitt 25 Dual coil version by my daughter...I am loving it. No leaks, beautiful threading (taking the fill cap off is so smooth and easy) click AFC, and the 'flavor' is very good. Airflow gets a little wooshie when you close it down, but I am a DTL so I don't close it at all. I am more impressed than I thought I would be with this thing.

Looking for another RDTA but have not settled on anything new yet.
Sounds good! I'm thinking about the Ammit 25 rta. The build quality is good on the dual right?

Whatever happened to the Pindad? They were suppose to come out with a 24mm version, I haven't heard anything yet. Have you?

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Sounds good! I'm thinking about the Ammit 25 rta. The build quality is good on the dual right?

Whatever happened to the Pindad? They were suppose to come out with a 24mm version, I haven't heard anything yet. Have you?

Yes, the build quality of the Ammitt 25 is really good. Just an excellent little flavor machine.

Haven't heard anything about the 24mm Pindar though. Odd.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Sorry it sent like 4 times,I swear I didn't do it on purpose dp:-/ it told I had to wait like 30 seconds before posting so I kept rewriting it and it sent them all,my bad:-/
Ha i had this happen today on a thread so did others it kept saying not sent not connecting them multiple posted

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Which way do you tilt? The holes are on both sides. You told me to tilt but if you tilt away from one hole, then the other hole is filled with juice.
Hearts am talking about the two tiny holes on the deck,air escape holes,they are only on one side only,have them facing you,then tilt your mod away from you then fill,you should be golden,which other hole is filling up? Did you install the screw to plug up fill hole? Cause you're sqonking right?

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hearts am talking about the two tiny holes on the deck,air escape holes,they are only on one side only,have them facing you,then tilt your mod away from you then fill,you should be golden,which other hole is filling up? Did you install the screw to plug up fill hole? Cause you're sqonking right?
Duh! I thought you were talking about the 2 fill holes inside the tank when you Squonk you can see the tube with 2 tiny holes fill up your tank. Yes, I'm using the fill hole screw. So off to find the 2 tiny deck holes. Thanks!

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Duh! I thought you were talking about the 2 fill holes inside the tank when you Squonk you can see the tube with 2 tiny holes fill up your tank. Yes, I'm using the fill hole screw. So off to find the 2 tiny deck holes. Thanks!
You crazy girl :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread