Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Hi People,
I visited my local home brew store yesterday and on his shelves saw heaps of 50ml flavor concentrates the type you use for flavoring your home brew moonshine lol (Not that people make that sort of stuff now days naughty naughty ROFPMSL) I became rather intrigued, at the variety of concentrates available and the favors, 50ml bottles at $5AUD a bottle is a darn side better than what I am paying at vape shops. Ok, think I, will give it a go. You can only die once. :blink:
Getting home, I read the label of the numerical codes of the ingredients used for the concentrate as this is a food and beverage concentrate and in our country at least they have to have these codes, ( feature sadly lacking on e-juice concentrates sold on line and in most b&m vape stores) and discover that this concentrate already has VG and PG in it. Hmmm......ok I mix it at 10% with my 70VG/30PG base. I let it steep overnight in a rice bath and this morning Yummy Yummy.:banana: The flavor I bought was Strawberry Schnapps the concentrate was made in New Zealand and when one thinks about it, most of our e-juice concentrates are food grade flavors as to their safety in vaping use no one to date has come up with a definitive answer. I have been vaping now for a considerable number of years and am always on the look out for new and exciting flavors. I do not shop for them overseas as I find the cost of freight outweighs the price of the sample.

I am rapidly growing tired of most B&M stores my way selling sickly sweet vape juice and now having sampled this concentrate :glug: will go back and sample some more of the booze shop ones and try my liquor flavored e-juice

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
It was an interesting experiment, 10% started to feel a bit strong towards the end of the day so I cut it by half with my VG/PG. Now better, I also added some Cherry pre mixed to the Strawberry Schnapps brew now that was different again Niked it to 8mg. Enjoyable. Yeah I like the idea of these spirit concentrates at least you know what is in them. If you going to try it avoid any that have oil based flavors they not good for you.

Reactions: Kenna

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hi People,
I visited my local home brew store yesterday and on his shelves saw heaps of 50ml flavor concentrates the type you use for flavoring your home brew moonshine lol (Not that people make that sort of stuff now days naughty naughty ROFPMSL) I became rather intrigued, at the variety of concentrates available and the favors, 50ml bottles at $5AUD a bottle is a darn side better than what I am paying at vape shops. Ok, think I, will give it a go. You can only die once. :blink:
Getting home, I read the label of the numerical codes of the ingredients used for the concentrate as this is a food and beverage concentrate and in our country at least they have to have these codes, ( feature sadly lacking on e-juice concentrates sold on line and in most b&m vape stores) and discover that this concentrate already has VG and PG in it. Hmmm......ok I mix it at 10% with my 70VG/30PG base. I let it steep overnight in a rice bath and this morning Yummy Yummy.:banana: The flavor I bought was Strawberry Schnapps the concentrate was made in New Zealand and when one thinks about it, most of our e-juice concentrates are food grade flavors as to their safety in vaping use no one to date has come up with a definitive answer. I have been vaping now for a considerable number of years and am always on the look out for new and exciting flavors. I do not shop for them overseas as I find the cost of freight outweighs the price of the sample.

I am rapidly growing tired of most B&M stores my way selling sickly sweet vape juice and now having sampled this concentrate :glug: will go back and sample some more of the booze shop ones and try my liquor flavored e-juice
I've seen them, & wondered about this myself. Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
If you going to try it avoid any that have oil based flavors they not good for you.
Are you saying these are oil-based?

Also, you previously mentioned, that your concentrates have a list of ingredients (or at least codes thereof). Any chance you would be willing to share what the complete (deciphered) contents are of one or two of them?

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Are you saying these are oil-based?

Also, you previously mentioned, that your concentrates have a list of ingredients (or at least codes thereof). Any chance you would be willing to share what the complete (deciphered) contents are of one or two of them?

Here's an example:

HS Amaretto Essence
INGREDIENTS: NATURAL FLAVOR, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, WATER, CARAMEL COLOR, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE

Link

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Wow! Corn syrup, AND sugar, both listed BEFORE water, PLUS food (Caramel) coloring. Yeah; that's something I am not interested in vaping.:( But I appreciate the additional info; thanks!:thumbs:

I use them for distilled liquids but never for vaping. They are very concentrated and very sweet by themselves. On the other hand, don't know what brand (or ingredients) the OP uses, could be different. Never really looked at other options as what I use is what the distillers in our homebrew club use, they work well for what we do.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Not home today being Sunday here. I only tried one so far it was called Strawberry Schnapps. Initially I mixed it @ 10% but found it too strong. So i cut it by half with my pg/vg. I do not know about you peeps in the UK or USA but in Au the rtv juices and concentrates that we get from vendors in Au list no ingredients used apart from pg/vg.

The codes in the one I tried the spirit flavor were: 422, 102, 122, water, Strawberry flavour.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDJoel

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
A contributor on another forum I am a member of gave me a link of concentrate ingredients for Perfumes'Apprentice. When I looked at their ingredients, I got rather scared. Some do use essential oils. I think I will stick to vaping unflavored with just nicotine added. Perfumer's Apprentice

Having stated the above, when you consider what tobacco companies put into cigarettes, one thinks damned if you smoke and damned if you vape, but at least with vapes, I found I am more healthier. This is what is in cigs if you have not seen it.
Cig-anatomy.gif

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
The codes in the one I tried the spirit flavor were: 422, 102, 122, water, Strawberry flavour.
Thanks for sharing. Just because I was curious, I looked up the codes, and this is what I found (source: Federal Register of Legislation):
422 = Glycerin or glycerol {VG}
102 = Tartrazine {Per Wiki: Tartrazine is a synthetic lemon yellow azo dye primarily used as a food coloring. It is also known as E number E102, C.I. 19140, FD&C Yellow 5, Acid Yellow 23, Food Yellow 4, and trisodium 1-(4-sulfonatophenyl)-4-(4-sulfonatophenylazo)-5-pyrazolone-3-carboxylate).}
122 = Azorubine or Carmoisine {Per Wiki: Azorubine, carmoisine, Food Red 3, Azorubin S, Brillantcarmoisin O, Acid Red 14, or C.I. 14720 is a synthetic red food dye from the azo dye group. It usually comes as a disodium salt. It is a red to maroon powder. It is used for the purposes where the food is heat-treated after fermentation. It has E number E122.}

when you consider what tobacco companies put into cigarettes, one thinks damned if you smoke and damned if you vape, but at least with vapes, I found I am more healthier.
:D That's kind of the general consensus of many of us who vape. If you really want to make your hair grow white, and stay off the stinkies; check out this Wiki topic: List of additives in cigarettes - Wikipedia
:toast:

Reactions: Acer50

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Thanks for sharing. Just because I was curious, I looked up the codes, and this is what I found (source: Federal Register of Legislation):
422 = Glycerin or glycerol {VG}
102 = Tartrazine {Per Wiki: Tartrazine is a synthetic lemon yellow azo dye primarily used as a food coloring. It is also known as E number E102, C.I. 19140, FD&C Yellow 5, Acid Yellow 23, Food Yellow 4, and trisodium 1-(4-sulfonatophenyl)-4-(4-sulfonatophenylazo)-5-pyrazolone-3-carboxylate).}
122 = Azorubine or Carmoisine {Per Wiki: Azorubine, carmoisine, Food Red 3, Azorubin S, Brillantcarmoisin O, Acid Red 14, or C.I. 14720 is a synthetic red food dye from the azo dye group. It usually comes as a disodium salt. It is a red to maroon powder. It is used for the purposes where the food is heat-treated after fermentation. It has E number E122.}

:D That's kind of the general consensus of many of us who vape. If you really want to make your hair grow white, and stay off the stinkies; check out this Wiki topic: List of additives in cigarettes - Wikipedia
:toast:
Yes I also looked up the codes, the interesting thing is that some ready to vape e-juice I have seen also have colors added. However no coding to tell us what they are.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Its already white ty. As to who writes some of the articles in Wiki, I do not rely on them as the final authority on any subject.
Nor do I. I merely find them useful as a starting point. (Though I must say; I have yet to be able to find fault with the chemistry listings).
You will note who submitted the information that Wiki takes its article from. Big Tobacco 1994 I beleive
That's the scary part; what aren't they telling us about?! (Smoking; NOT vaping...)
Its 2017 the last time I checked um hang on...yup it is
..a few things have changed since 1994 LMAO
Evidently I poked the bear. I was simply trying to agree with your earlier post, that even with what we don't yet know about the safety of vaping, cigarettes are much more likely to be MUCH more harmful.
I apologize if I offended you; or what you were trying to say.
Yes I also looked up the codes, the interesting thing is that some ready to vape e-juice I have seen also have colors added. However no coding to tell us what they are.
"Color added" (vs. "color absent"), seems to be in decline, here in the U.S.. I only added the further descriptions (all be it; they came from Wiki... and please feel free to refute... not that you need my permission;)) because I had no idea what the chemical name was. I presumed there would be others who would read this thread and not know either. I was merely trying to facilitate their own understanding.

Once again I apologize; if you felt I was judging, or condemning, your choice of ingredients. I was only trying to understand what they are; and share my understanding with others as to what they may be. If I have misrepresented anything; PLEASE... correct me.

@numsquat shared a distiller's concentrate, which is high in sugars (that I personally would choose not to vape; and I said so), but you suggest no such ingredients, and I find no such objection (and stated none).

I do have a basic understanding of brewer's adjuncts, and additives; and they are to bolster flavor, and/or, alcohol content. (Which may, or may not, be beneficial to vaping DIY production.)

If you find my questions, or comments, argumentative; please just say so (either in a PM, or here publicly) and I will remove myself from this thread. I only wish to advance my own understanding; as well as others that might read this thread. If I am not meeting either of our goals, let me know, I will bow out.

No animosity intended... <white flag waving>

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Nor do I. I merely find them useful as a starting point. (Though I must say; I have yet to be able to find fault with the chemistry listings).

That's the scary part; what aren't they telling us about?! (Smoking; NOT vaping...)

Evidently I poked the bear. I was simply trying to agree with your earlier post, that even with what we don't yet know about the safety of vaping, cigarettes are much more likely to be MUCH more harmful.
I apologize if I offended you; or what you were trying to say.

"Color added" (vs. "color absent"), seems to be in decline, here in the U.S.. I only added the further descriptions (all be it; they came from Wiki... and please feel free to refute... not that you need my permission;)) because I had no idea what the chemical name was. I presumed there would be others who would read this thread and not know either. I was merely trying to facilitate their own understanding.

Once again I apologize; if you felt I was judging, or condemning, your choice of ingredients. I was only trying to understand what they are; and share my understanding with others as to what they may be. If I have misrepresented anything; PLEASE... correct me.

@numsquat shared a distiller's concentrate, which is high in sugars (that I personally would choose not to vape; and I said so), but you suggest no such ingredients, and I find no such objection (and stated none).

I do have a basic understanding of brewer's adjuncts, and additives; and they are to bolster flavor, and/or, alcohol content. (Which may, or may not, be beneficial to vaping DIY production.)

If you find my questions, or comments, argumentative; please just say so (either in a PM, or here publicly) and I will remove myself from this thread. I only wish to advance my own understanding; as well as others that might read this thread. If I am not meeting either of our goals, let me know, I will bow out.

No animosity intended... <white flag waving>
Friend I am not offended in the least and I sincerely thank you for your input.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread