Where is the danger of a battery explosion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain

40A on that kind of standard high internal resistance cells is probably like doing 70+A on your usual ones (W = I²R, power dissipated in the cell is current flow squared times internal resistance).
Amusing. Pity my spoken English understanding sucks a bit. :oops:

Cheers :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Winblows, Regulated mods will give you the vape you want in a much safer way. They all cut off and declare the battery "empty" at 2.9v to 3.2v for safety and increased battery life. In addition to that they provide short protection and some have over-temp protection. A regulated mod also provides a wattage mode that automatically sets the right voltage to the coil to create the wattage you set.

Mechs are considered cool these days because they are retro devices. They don't offer any benefit other than that and you miss out on many features that are desirable. Temperature control and variable wattage are nice functions to have. You also get a display that shows you what's going on in the mod in terms of remaining battery capacity, coil resistance, and current wattage and temperature.

It's much better for your batteries if you don't subject them to stress by over-discharging them. You can find out what batteries are best by visiting Mooch's blog where he has rated batteries in the 20A to 25A range for use in regulated mods.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks @DaveP ! Of course you are right.
I am reviewing my use and use of my mech mods and comming VERY close to the conclusion, that they looks very good as holders for my RDA's
Very decorative indeed!
:)

Here's some interesting reading about 18650 lithium batteries, their type and their MAH and CDR ratings by the manufacturers.
Best 18650 Battery

And some good info on battery chemistry.
Battery chemistry FINALLY explained

Reactions: Barkuti

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
4x Samsung INR18650-30Q
2x Sony US18650VTC5 2600mAh (20Amp)
4x LG HG2 18650 3000mAh (20Amp)

Popeye_817_zps7qkdacmz.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveP

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
just saw this video on battery safety. since i recently bought a mod that uses external batteries i found it pretty informative, and potentially saving me from experiencing a nasty accident by putting spare batteries in my pocket; which i wouldn't have thought twice about before watching this video.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
just saw this video on battery safety. since i recently bought a mod that uses external batteries i found it pretty informative, and potentially saving me from experiencing a nasty accident by putting spare batteries in my pocket; which i wouldn't have thought twice about before watching this video.

Yes, Vic is great!
I ordered some shrink wrap + insulator sets yesterday ;)

Reactions: Craybee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread