Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Afternoon....Store run complete but a trip to Urgent Care was first.. A small lump just above the belt line in the middle of my back that has been there for years changed. The Doctor has seen it and said if it didn't change not to worry about it. Well Wednesday it changed. The appointment I made for Monday to see the Doctor is now going to be a follow up. The nurse tried to drain it but it didn't as well as she would have liked. It's a sebaceous cyst. It feels a little better now but I'm taking a high dose of Motrin and Tylenol along with 2 kinds of antibiotics. I have no idea how I'm going to get the bandage changed..:?: I went in because the pain was bad and it was starting to leak. Figured an infection on top of my spine wasn't anything to mess with. Anyway all will be well.

Owweee! I'm so sorry..

Aren't you married? Have a sister? Brother? Any of them if they live close can help change your bandage... ?...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for asking, DD.
After being admitted in the wee hours of the morning, the Dr. finally showed up at 7PM in the evening. After ordering some blood tests and he said, the problem stems from the spot on the brain we caught with the last CT scan. The one Sue didn't want to go under the knife to remove - before the blockage of the intestines appeared. There's a blood vessel that's being pinched off and not supplying enough blood to that section of the brain. That plus the excitement of her sister and our daughter flying in today was just too much for her.

And it was all set off by my not answering her the first time she called - I was watching the Hunger Games "Mockingjay Pt.2" and didn't hear her until about the tenth "CHRIS". The caregiver had gone to bed by that time, so it was up to me to take over and I blew it!
You're not going to be perfect so don't beat yourself up. Cut the trees down today but couldn't burn them. My fire pit and all the wood are soaked from all the rain we have here. I sprayed the debris though.

I'm untethered. :)

Still doing ok and just that first bite side effect. I'm drinking a lot of water to help flush everything through my system faster.

11 more to go.

I've decided to count down instead of up. ;)
How often do you go for treatments?

Afternoon....Store run complete but a trip to Urgent Care was first.. A small lump just above the belt line in the middle of my back that has been there for years changed. The Doctor has seen it and said if it didn't change not to worry about it. Well Wednesday it changed. The appointment I made for Monday to see the Doctor is now going to be a follow up. The nurse tried to drain it but it didn't as well as she would have liked. It's a sebaceous cyst. It feels a little better now but I'm taking a high dose of Motrin and Tylenol along with 2 kinds of antibiotics. I have no idea how I'm going to get the bandage changed..:?: I went in because the pain was bad and it was starting to leak. Figured an infection on top of my spine wasn't anything to mess with. Anyway all will be well.
Better stay on top of that David. Sounds like you are.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Owweee! I'm so sorry..

Aren't you married? Have a sister? Brother? Any of them if they live close can help change your bandage... ?...

Sister isn't far so I may go over there tomorrow and have her do it. I think first I'll try getting the pad in place then put an ace bandage around it. They said Just one time per day.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Sister isn't far so I may go over there tomorrow and have her do it. I think first I'll try getting the pad in place then put an ace bandage around it. They said Just one time per day.
You don't have much of a choice young fella. You got to get that dressing changed. Your sis will probably feed you too. A double win. :) Or show up with a pizza and give her a break.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
You don't have much of a choice young fella. You got to get that dressing changed. Your sis will probably feed you too. A double win. :) Or show up with a pizza and give her a break.

I'll get it done somehow. I need to visit my sister anyway.:)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You're not going to be perfect so don't beat yourself up. Cut the trees down today but couldn't burn them. My fire pit and all the wood are soaked from all the rain we have here. I sprayed the debris though.

How often do you go for treatments?

Better stay on top of that David. Sounds like you are.

Every other week.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
So are you knocked down about as much as you thought?
Not knocked down at all yet. From what I'm getting from researching, the first few treatments sometimes aren't that bad. It's when all that chemical starts building up, that's when it kicks you for a loop.

Spoke too soon

Nausea is now just starting. I took a pill so hopefully it will kick in soon.

Sheesh... just cruising along and .. ugh

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Bunch of old geezers around here. Everyone is falling to pieces ! Chemo, Lumps, Headaches...

Sounds like the morning after a good Liberty Call for Drunken Sailors to me.
(not that I would know anything about that....)

th

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Bunch of old geezers around here. Everyone is falling to pieces ! Chemo, Lumps, Headaches...

Sounds like the morning after a good Liberty Call for Drunken Sailors to me.
(not that I would know anything about that....)
It's like a MASH unit around here lately. :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
its the after effects of all those atomic bomb testings back in the 50's... they finally took effect all these years later.... its the governments way of getting rid of all of us baby boomers to reduce the number of future SS users ;) trying to get rid of us before we retire and go on SS... well thats my theory anyway... :) kinda odd how the percentage of cancer patients are higher east of New Mexico...

Users who are viewing this thread