Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
While I have the urge to post today:
I know this is a JAC thread but - running errands today and stopped by the best close B+M.

Lady there had some Nicotine Toothpicks. Tried a wintergreen sample.

Got a pack of cinnamon just for the heck of it. Supposed to be 3 mg.
New to me, don't know about everyone else.

Mike

ps Learned from other posts here. Won't mention [Clones] :)

I've not tried a nic pic, Mike, nor do I think I'd want to, but interessssssssssssing.

Won't mention {Clones]? Perche?

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I think others were out prior. Remember the stardust?

Yes, sold by Got Vapes, right? Vapage had the same one and called it the Crystal. Here tiz with their eGo type batt, called the Titan.

View attachment 666671

Ouch. Bad vaping memories.

I thought Stardust was a terribly misleading name. Cowchips may have been a more accurate representation of the experience.

Objective, not. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gawd you are all so old — I don’t know of these thingies you talk about. o_O I am a young’un and just had my fourth vapeaversary on the 14th. Did try cigalikes years before though they did not last.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
So I received my AW batteries on Friday and replaced the tootsie roll in Jac that needed charging with the AW. I immediately noticed that my battery cover no longer was feeling warm. I don’t know quite what to think of this and wonder if I should be replacing all my tootsie rolls. I do not notice the warmth with my other mods and only with Jac and this could be because of the metal cover. Thanks to @Bronze for mentioning the AW — I definitely will be purchasing more over time.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So I received my AW batteries on Friday and replaced the tootsie roll in Jac that needed charging with the AW. I immediately noticed that my battery cover no longer was feeling warm. I don’t know quite what to think of this and wonder if I should be replacing all my tootsie rolls. I do not notice the warmth with my other mods and only with Jac and this could be because of the metal cover. Thanks to @Bronze for mentioning the AW — I definitely will be purchasing more over time.

I've had zero warmth with my tootsies, but all of them were purchased from Orbtronics.

Where did you purchase yours from, if I may ask? There's a reason I'm asking (it's not a random question, in other words).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Gawd you are all so old — I don’t know of these thingies you talk about. o_O I am a young’un and just had my fourth vapeaversary on the 14th. Did try cigalikes years before though they did not last.

A few months earlier and you'd probably have seen them, but they were so bad that they didn't stick around.

At least that's my (very biased) opinion. :laugh:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    So got back to my apartment and setup my jac :D

1st I thought the screen was scratched on the mod, but turns out it has one of them little protective films over it, phew.

I love the feel of this mod, the what I would call velvet main body feels great and admit I am stoking the mod at times :oops:

I did hook up to escribe and did need a service pack update, as I only use watts, probably not needed, but did it anyway and then custom screen and few other tweaks to my liking.

I ended up going with the avocado 22mm on top, was going to put a digiflavor siren on it, but wanted to keep the height down as much as possible, but would prefer a matt black tank to more match the mod though, so a new hunt has started :)

Thanks to enablers, it is sure a great mod for the price ;)

BbaG5Uh.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I guess I need to read a tutorial on this Escribe. Do you make the changes on your pc, then hookup the Jac, and then download. I am so not up on these kinds of things.

You get the escribe software, plug in your jac and it will detect it, then can make changes through the escribe software and upload to the jac, I only do basic things, so far from a expert on it as only use watts at 20 watts.

It's not difficult, OP, and you've got plenty of friends here who will be happy to assist if you need it (present company included).

I've done it, but just once, and there's no value for me (no TC, etc.). I push de button, I vape de vapor...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Here is a video that covers the basic things and may help you out, wrong mod, but same chip :)

I just change what shows on screen and make it change in 1 watt increments.

I wanna put "Nailz" on MINE too. ;):thumbs:

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014
    I've had zero warmth with my tootsies, but all of them were purchased from Orbtronics.

Where did you purchase yours from, if I may ask? There's a reason I'm asking (it's not a random question, in other words).

I remember last year sometime some low grade tootsie rolls being sold by reputable vendors unbeknownst to them initially. I prefer not to mention names however I can say one vendor that you along with a number of people are very familiar with is where I purchased these from. They closed their doors late last year after being primarily in the PV business for a long time. The other vendor I purchased from was last year as well. Since I purchased them last year I doubt what I have falls into the issue of the fraudulent batteries because I would think I would have noticed it a wihle ago, right? BTW I rotate my batteries so they all get used. Batteries that vendors sell that sit on their shelves for a while, can they degrade?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I remember last year sometime some low grade tootsie rolls being sold by reputable vendors unbeknownst to them initially. I prefer not to mention names however I can say one vendor that you along with a number of people are very familiar with is where I purchased these from. They closed their doors late last year after being primarily in the PV business for a long time. The other vendor I purchased from was last year as well. Since I purchased them last year I doubt what I have falls into the issue of the fraudulent batteries because I would think I would have noticed it a wihle ago, right? BTW I rotate my batteries so they all get used. Batteries that vendors sell that sit on their shelves for a while, can they degrade?

It's possible, yes. I had concerns with some of the PV vendors selling these at prices half of what the known battery companies were selling for, and we know that many were re-wrapping them, so I had many doubts. I made a personal decision to stick with the Orb, Illum, etc. companies when purchasing batteries.

Whether that was of ANY value, I'll never know. The fact that yours were heating up though doesn't sit well with me. A good LH, Samsung, Sony (etc), shouldn't do that. Anything is possible, but odds are against it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread