Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Well, I did the unthinkable yesterday, I dropped my G2/Siren 22mm on the kitchen floor from about 3 feet (I later measured it), and the battery cover came off and one of the batteries came partially unseated from the battery sled. I checked the whole thing out and there were NO scratches/dents/scrapes/dings/loss of finish, all seems A-OK. Even the Siren was undamaged. Everything looks like nothing happened, except for the floor, the G2 left a nice sized gouge in the linoleum from hitting right on the bottom corner. That's the first time I have dropped any mod and topper (the Siren was even full). Lucky Me, that is until my wife spots the gouge mark on the kitchen floor.:rolleyes:

Have a menagerie of these tribbles. Have trained myself to be very deliberate near them for their propensity to bounce around unexpectedly. However, when it happens, it's the domino effect (or a nuclear reaction). Then there's the spastic urge to go knee-jerk apoplectic. Remember, the best laid plans, etc.…sh!!t happens. I try to think about all the pretty ones left standing. Not the ghost of those past.

Good luck! :)

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Well, I did the unthinkable yesterday, I dropped my G2/Siren 22mm on the kitchen floor from about 3 feet (I later measured it), and the battery cover came off and one of the batteries came partially unseated from the battery sled. I checked the whole thing out and there were NO scratches/dents/scrapes/dings/loss of finish, all seems A-OK. Even the Siren was undamaged. Everything looks like nothing happened, except for the floor, the G2 left a nice sized gouge in the linoleum from hitting right on the bottom corner. That's the first time I have dropped any mod and topper (the Siren was even full). Lucky Me, that is until my wife spots the gouge mark on the kitchen floor.:rolleyes:

I have dropped 2 of my G2's 3 times, once was on my big toe.....ouch, I had a bruise on it for a few weeks. The G2's look like nothing happened except of a dent on one of the bottom corners. It really is one of the toughest mods on the market.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I keep looking over my "Dropped" Black & Silver G2 looking for any marks left over from my Fiasco that I might have missed, and nothing, nothing at all. I dodged a big one I guess, like I said, Lucky Me. If it were my Cuboid instead, I would think that that one would not be working right now. This is why I got into the G2's to begin with, their reported durability. I have 3 g2's and 3 Slices right now and am a Happy Camper !! Again, Thank You Tpat for getting me started in this HohmTech endever. :thumbs::thumbs::thumb:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Well, I just dropped the same rig as above, AGAIN !!! This time on my carpeted living room floor, NO breakage or marks of any kind. Looks like I should look into some Skate Boarders Tape ??
If this keeps up your going to be sleeping in your garage with the G2....lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 52anddone

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I hear that, I do. All of a sudden all this droppage has started. Senility maybe ??
Nah, it is an unconscious effort to keep proving how tough the G2 is. Just don't let it leave another dent on your floor or you will have some splanin to do...haha

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
these are on half price sale at vaporcube, but not the limited.. and in this case i really prefer the looks of the limited, where as with the G2, the opposite is true. My G2 is the most uncomfortable mod I have ever held, and i cut myself, literally, when removing and inserting batteries, but the chip is just so good. Can anyone with the slice confirm it is much more comfy to hold? I have some nice 26650 batteries here and no good home to put them in, and the slice non LE is like 30 bucks with the vaporcube sale. That's a bargain for such a good chip!

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
The slice is definitely more comfortable to hold. I prefer it over my other mods for fitting in my hand. The larger battery area rests comfortably against my palm and fingers wrap comfortably around to hit the fire button. No sharp edges or corners biting into my flesh when I vape.

My slice has also hit the ground numerous time. Not just to carpet or linoleum, but directly onto concrete. From the truck seat down to the ground or off of the workbench, it holds up well. Sometimes I have to retrieve the battery and cover as they may get completely knocked out, but the mod always works when reassembled. Even had to reglue a door magnet a couple of times. The 510 connector has held up well and performed flawlessly.

If the slice is still 30 bucks then it's obvious; unless you're buying something else for the name or its flash you're wasting your money. FSK is best all-around chip.

Be prepared to get a wrap for the Slice as the paint is just a couple steps above worthless. The textured wraps like carbon fiber or leather are preferable since they provide grip. If properly applied they are also very durable.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Incidentally, any wrap you do put on a Slice is going to pretty much speckle the finish when it comes off to some degree. I've got one of my blu's about half stripped with 4Ø steel wool. Just need to find a window when the weather's hospitable enough out and the time.

It's a nice fine lustre finish when above is fresh. Does patina slowly and I've been watching it settle in to a nice matte gray over a couple of weeks. Then it does tend to darken in areas with contact over time. So the bright raw look is going to require some routine to refresh.

Do agree @Vesh the form on the Slice is about the most comfortable I've seen.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Make the slice great again............
20170625_045706.jpg

Like our flag and country, we been through hell and back again. Still kickin' hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread