Suddenly feeling light headed and ill after vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimmthoughts

Jun 21, 2017
It shouldn't be "just what happens" if a "few puffs" at 15w causes hours of discomfort, than there is definitely an issue, his body is having an unwanted reaction. Saying don't worry it'll pass, is pretty bad advice, sorry. I got polyps in my lungs filled with puss that turned into pneumonia from having an allergic reaction to pg, if I had ignored it and kept vaping pg I don't imagine anything good would have happened

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
It shouldn't be "just what happens" if a "few puffs" at 15w causes hours of discomfort, than there is definitely an issue, his body is having an unwanted reaction. Saying don't worry it'll pass, is pretty bad advice, sorry. I got polyps in my lungs filled with puss that turned into pneumonia from having an allergic reaction to pg, if I had ignored it and kept vaping pg I don't imagine anything good would have happened
Sorry bud, just giving my experience, i hope you got that all cleared up, cheers

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's a good point. I am intolerant to PG as an inhalent, and vaping with it caused my last bout of pneumonia (ironically, I thought I was staving it off by starting). Pure VG is fine with me, you CAN get it at higher nic levels depending on the vendor.

If you have any PG in your tank, I'd suggest just VG. My coils gunk up faster, ESPECIALLY with dark flavorings, but taste and vape-wise, there isn't a problem... If you're only using the new tank sparingly, it could definitely be that, if sx are lasting hours or longer. I did not put 2 and 2 together until too late.

Anna

Reactions: Grimmthoughts

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hi everyone.
So I have been vaping on and off for over a year now but keep going back to real cigarettes for some reason. The mod I was using is a clear fire and I was vaping with at around 40 watts with a 0.4 ohm coil and using 3mg nic juice and it was all good.
However I got a bit fed up with "sucking" straight into my lungs and wanted something that I could toke on like a cigarette so I got myself a Uni-M GX mod with an Aspire Mini Nautilus tank. The coils are 1.8 ohm and I am vaping at around 15 watts with 12mg juice. The problem is that every time I have few puffs I get extremely light headed and dizzy (almost feels like a panic attack) and this lasts for hours. I googled this and it seems like quite a common problem and the most common answer is "lower the nicotine level". So I did a 50/50 mix of my 12mg and 3 mg juice (assuming this is giving me around 9mg of nic) but I am still having the same problem.
Does anyone have any ideas because I really want to quit smoking and start using my mod full time but this is really holding me back and is becoming a big problem as I am constantly light headed and dizzy throughout the day.

Many thanks in advance.
Dan

I wish I had time for an in depth reply because I've made a science of understanding liquids that
make me sick but here is a short list of the causes of vaping illness for me in order of cause :

1) bad Ejuice provided from vendor. Yes vendors do cut corners and do use up old ejuice. Most manufacturers are small businesses trying to cut a profit and pay bills. There are no quality control regulations that govern the industry.

Try a different brand altogether before you cut your nicotine levels. Having said that though 12 mg is a touch on the high side at 15 watts but it should not make you sick within a few puffs. That usually hints at either an allergy to one of the ingredients in the e-juice or bad ejuice.

2) nicotine sickness - usually passes within a few hours. If your symptoms are prolonged I would speculate nicotine levels are not the reason.

3) a PG or VG allergy. PG allergies can be fairly common. Try a VG max e-juice and see if that corrects the problem.

Learn to understand your body. Does the juice taste good and the nicotine hit initially feel fresh and satisfying only later to make you feel sick with a lot of vaping? Then the problem could be nicotine levels. Does the juice not taste good and are you getting ill effects right away like a jitter or a twitch or nausea ? Then I would speculate it's the other ingredients that are having an adverse effect. It could be an allergy or old and expired ingredients mixed in by the vendor.

Remember that no authority is properly testing each ingredient or the chain of supply or production. It may not even be the vendor. It may be that a supplier of the vendor is using poor quality or old ingredients and selling them to the vendor. I know for a fact that old expired VG will become toxic and will give me nausea, stomach upsets, headache, eye strain and jitters. It is a similar but often misdiagnosed reaction confused with nicotine sickness.

I've learnt in my personal experience that the longer the symptoms persist the less likely the problem is nicotine and more likely to be toxicity in another ingredient in your juice or caused by an allergic reaction. Nicotine sickness usually passes within a couple of hours and some healthy flushing of your system with hydration. It took me years to figure that one out. I wish someone told me that years ago because I always used to attribute my vaping illness to nicotine.

Your first step would be to try a different vendors juice. Buy a sampler perhaps to save costs. If that doesn't work try a high VG liquid and if that doesn't work try lowering your nicotine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Hesham911

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think seeing a trained medical professional is a fine idea, if symptoms continue. Absolutely, I have not done well with certain specific juices (vanilla, specifically, but I understand that's a mutagen?) I wish I'd figured out PG and vanilla was a problem PRIOR to purchasing 240 mg of PG/VG vanilla flavor, and before purchasing 120 MG of pure PG vanilla from another vendor, also.

So, I also second buying SMALL bottles before large ones. I really love vanilla, but it doesn't agree with me. They're all 12 nic and one is max VG, the other two are 80/20 PG. If anyone WANTS them I'd be more than happy to send them *wherever* as I'm going to have to trash them, otherwise.... Though, I'd feel bad even GIVING away a mutagenic substance.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread