4th Unofficially Official Halo Chat Thread: The Sequaling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
One of our graphic art techs made an announcement today. Back story, he lost his first wife to breast cancer a few years ago. He met another, and was engaged. One day last sumer, he fell ill at work. After tests, he was diagnosed with a stomach cancer. He underwent chemo and other treatments. They decided to get married 2 months ago. Now she is pregnant.

So he announced that his doctor called over the weekend with his latest test results. Cancer free! We all cheered, applauded, and one by one gave him big hugs.

Now that was one of the best Monday mornings.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Hey folks! Seems like we lost another 70's musician. Gary DeCarlo. For all you young'uns out there, you wouldn't know this one, but the rest of us who are a little more um, erm....'mature' ...ahem, we know this one! Lung cancer got him at 75. Sure glad we all found vaping when we did. :)

Reactions: DaveOno

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Hey folks! Seems like we lost another 70's musician. Gary DeCarlo.
Great song, one of the most famous "One hit wonders" and a B side! And one of the last hits from the 60's. (Dec 1969)
The group Steam was fictitious. People were hired to lip sync at "live" performances, and DeCarlo wanted nothing to do with such a sham.
But Diva, I think most everyone knows the tune. :)

Thanks, Gary.

Last edited:

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey gang. I am actually genuinely sorry for asking this question here, because I know it's such a fun thread. But the rest of the subforum seems dead and I don't log on much anymore.

Anywho. What's the consensus, have you guys been comfortable with placing new orders on the Halo website since the recent events? I'm running low on juice, but I really do hate ordering stuff from third party sites.

Again, sorry. Umm, I'll make up for this... uh, kittens! Holiday off from work! Tacos! Um, um, sparkling shiny things! Ok, I feel better now.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
What's the consensus, have you guys been comfortable with placing new orders on the Halo website since the recent events?
Hey, machine!
Halo has fixed the problem, and has put many more safeguards in place. I have no problem ordering from them. I bought about 4 weeks ago, And will be buying again for the big BOGO sale.

And although I've had a few credit card "breaches", (most, if not all not involving Halo) all were quickly resolved, not costing me a cent, other than the aggravation of new cards, redoing all my online auto-pay things.

Fear not, friend.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Now we get the intermittent rains. Oh well. We found about 25 minutes to sneak the grill on. A thick Porterhouse tonight! Not the easiest thing to grill, as the filet side cooks quick, the strip half longer, and always less done by the T. Next time, I'll turn one side of the grill down, and keep the T part over the hotter part.
But after a 4 minute rest, it was just yummy! With some parsely-ed red potatoes, caesar salad, and a red that was assuming!
:)

And 3 houses on the block having big parties!

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Hey folks! The 'grill master Dave' has spoken! (I'm still taking notes) :blink:. Hoping everybody has a safe, fun holiday today......
th.jpg

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Ah yes, the Fourth!!!!
Got some pterodactyl thighs. (really big chicken thighs). All de-boned and dry rubbed. And some good sticky sweet garlic sauce to finish after a nice slow cook on the grill. Someone else is bringing good sausage to be grilled.
It's my Dad's birthday. Lucky him, there is always a party!
Oh, and Mrs. Ono made her watermelon salsa.

Stay safe, friends. If you are lighting off fireworks, keep a bucket of water handy.

Enjoy!!!!

celebrate.gif

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Wow, sounds good Dave! Dad's a real 'firecracker' eh? Well yeah, just look at his son!!!!! A HaPpY BiRtHdAy to yer Dad Dave :). There's been LOTS of fireworks around here despite a city ordinance.....ugh. Can't tell if it's a bomb goin' off or just da hubs acid reflex.....sigh:blink::grr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread