EU Importing flavour concentrates to Belgium (illegal?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

technofogger

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2012
Belgium
There is a lot to do in Europe, with all the bans and on top of this: many things are unclear.
That is probably how they like it.

Recently I've ordered some "one-shot concentrates" from Chefs Flavours (UK) online. They are just flavours, with no nicotine (e.g. 'Red Astair' flavour concentrate).
Usually, the order arrives a few days later, but now it already took a week. The order could still arrive, but I am a bit worried (since the order is around € 70).

So, does anybody know what the Belgian legislation is about importing flavours/aroma's, that are intended to use for e-cigarettes (but might as well be used in a summer cocktail).
How is the legislation in other EU-countries?

Thank you for your answers!

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands
Recently I've ordered some "one-shot concentrates" from Chefs Flavours (UK) online.

From Chef's, if you chose the GBP10 shipping option, you should get a tracking number and it will be package-post. With the cheaper shipping option, it's letterpost and since liquids are not allowed in letter-airmail sometimes it will not arrive. If it's not there after 10 working days, then email Chef's and they will resend.

technofogger

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2012
Belgium
Thanks for your answers!
WiSK: Indeed, before I ordered with the GBP10 shipping option and that's why it arrived so quick.
Last Friday, June 30th, my order arrived without any problem. My mistake, because I ordered with the Normal Shipping :)
I've contacted Chef's Flavours and they gave me the same answer as you, WiSK.
Still, I was a bit worried... but all ended well.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
It has been illegal in Poland for like 9 months already, online sale of any vape related stuff. But in practice, i have been buying stuff from gearbest, aliexpress even onehitwonder 180ml bottles. No problems so far.
Weird, i still buy Inawera flavours from Polish webshops.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Winblows, the problem is that various countries have added additional laws and restrictions on top of the basic EU TPD restrictions, so not every EU country has the same buying options.
I don't know the situation in Greece, but as long as I can, I'll supply myself as I do and accumulate the nicotine as far as my freezer allows me to :)
Having "some" spare tanks, mods, wire and cotton, I'll be fine for years :)

Bruce Kwong

Unresolved Status
Dec 13, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Bruce Kwong

Unresolved Status
Dec 13, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

Bruce Kwong

Unresolved Status
Dec 13, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

khundian

Jan 2, 2018
Ghent, Belgium
https://www.health.belgium.be/nl/gezondheid/zorg-voor-jezelf/alcohol-tabak/e-sigaret
https://www.health.belgium.be/fr/sante/prenez-soin-de-vous/alcool-et-tabac/e-cigarette

Here you can find the rules on the official website of the federal public service for health, food chain safety and environment. The page is available in dutch and french, no english version available. (sorry to our international friends)

I still have a contact to buy things if anyone is interested, even 100mg nicotine base in 100%PG, 100%VG or 50/50. Send me a pm and we can work something out.:thumb:(only for people who are long time members on the forum, and active in the DIY section, because 100mg nicotine is potentially very dangerous and should only be used by people who know what they are doing)

nic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread