Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I couldn't deal with my life being dominated by phone calls at all hours. Politicians put in way too many hours and put up with far too much transparency in their lives to have any "me time".

That, and someone's mad with you every day. It's a thankless job for the most part. You have to have some kind of internal need for a "look at me" lifestyle to enjoy it. At least CEO's have a large staff to delegate authority to and corporate income to pay them with.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I couldn't deal with my life being dominated by phone calls at all hours. Politicians put in way too many hours and put up with far too much transparency in their lives to have any "me time".

That, and someone's mad with you every day. It's a thankless job for the most part. You have to have some kind of internal need for a "look at me" lifestyle to enjoy it. At least CEO's have a large staff to delegate authority to and corporate income to pay them with.

Eh, even a lowly Congressman get a reasonable office expense budget to cover the salaries of their staff. Senators, even more, probably enough to start a decent size law firm (which is where they're all going back to anyway). And stuff like travel to your home district is paid for, as are all those "fact finding" missions they travel around on. They also rarely get calls in the middle of the night as that falls to the executive branch and departments to deal with, unless it's a flat out emergency run to the bunker call.

As to the right personality type for elected office, a narcissistic psychopath is bound to be a success.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Eh, even a lowly Congressman get a reasonable office expense budget to cover the salaries of their staff. Senators, even more…

You're right E! Congress has the largest corporation in the world working for it…the U.S. Government (and not that this has helped things much).

As for personality type, certainly anti-socials seek authority no question. But definitely Alpha with the rare attribute that they seek the role as a "duty" rather than as the pinnacle of their accomplishment. It very well could be, if that is their demeanor, should they believe in and respect the construct, the compact.

Good luck all. :)

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I honestly thought about running for President in 2020...... I figure between the last guy and our current POTUS, I certainly couldn't do any worse.

That's really brave to be willing to take on Kanye West and the Kardashian family in the next presidential election.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Cigars are still not taxed as tobacco products in PA, but cotton wick is taxed as tobacco if a vape shop sells it.
Meh...

Good wick is sold at beauty supply chains.

And for much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I honestly thought about running for President in 2020...... I figure between the last guy and our current POTUS, I certainly couldn't do any worse.
I wouldn't want the job. No matter what you do you are the scapegoat in the eyes of XX% of the population.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Heck the more I think about it just do this: cap the amount of money a candidate can raise as I stated above. Pay every member of congress the median income of the USA from the previous 4 years. Lastly, make them live in dorms. They are there to do a job as a civil service not make money.

With these rules they would tap out because there wouldn't be a career there, only service.

Bet a lot more work would get done if all they could afford to do is work.
We don't need MORE work out of politicians.

We need HONEST, QUALITY work.

And the ...... in charge now can't even understand (and often don't read) the bills they're voting in now.

That's not a cuss word. Apparently ECF has banned words that mean people of lesser intelligence.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I wouldn't want the job. No matter what you do you are the scapegoat in the eyes of XX% of the population.
I would.

My son may need a get out of jail free card some time in the future.

<shrug>

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
And the .... before him did?
In it for the flame war much?

Please read and comprehend before replying.

As the explanation clearly states, I did not assign a sex nor was my dotted out adjective singular.

ETA: Also HE doesn't VOTE on a bill. HE SIGNS them. /ETA

So it can't possibly mean what you're arguing.

Some people have no self control. :blink:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Now, I am a person of moderate intelligence, integrity, have a wife that I dearly love and a daughter likewise. I have had a relatively successful career. Why would I ever want to submit to the abuse, frustration, humiliation and corruption of a presidential campaign? I lack the lust for power, therefore, I probably should be president. Many of you should be president, you would do a better job but I am not crazy nor are you. An immediate disqualification for the presidency should be that the candidate wants and actively seeks the job.

George Washington comes to mind as the ideal candidate.

I got to agree with Beck. We do seem to get a lot of ID10T errors in our political system. It's like their brains get a permanent blue screen of death once they get that electoral software upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread