Best tobacco for flavor extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
:-x
From April next year eliquid will be illegal to sell within the City of San Francisco. The Flavored Tobacco Sales Restriction Ordinance bans flavors in all tobacco products without exemption.

Since the FDA’s deeming rule of last year legally confers “tobacco” status on vape, and since all eliquid is flavored, it will not be permissible to sell any vape juice when the rule comes into effect... :-x

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
From April next year eliquid will be illegal to sell within the City of San Francisco

Well, I'm certainly glad they already have the Alcohol related things under control there in San Francisco... Oh, wait... they don't! :mad:

On average, +/- 25% of all traffic deaths involve alcohol impairment in San Francisco County, CA.

How many traffic related deaths in San Francisco are there involving vaping tobacco or other flavored eliquids? ;)

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Well, I'm certainly glad they already have the Alcohol related things under control there in San Francisco... Oh, wait... they don't! :mad:

On average, +/- 25% of all traffic deaths involve alcohol impairment in San Francisco County, CA.

How many traffic related deaths in San Francisco are there involving vaping tobacco or other flavored eliquids? ;)

Hmmmm, think maybe the big tobacco companies are behind this movement because vaping hurts their bottom line??? :censored:

Reactions: nostradadus

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
:-x
From April next year eliquid will be illegal to sell within the City of San Francisco. The Flavored Tobacco Sales Restriction Ordinance bans flavors in all tobacco products without exemption.

Since the FDA’s deeming rule of last year legally confers “tobacco” status on vape, and since all eliquid is flavored, it will not be permissible to sell any vape juice when the rule comes into effect... :-x

Hmmmm, think maybe the big tobacco companies are behind this movement because vaping hurts their bottom line??? :censored:

100% sure...;)

Big Pharma, Big tobacco, state and federal politicians, many powerful people have lost significant $$$ due to vaping's success. In America you don't go stepping on the wrong toes without suffering repercussions and make no mistakes about it, they're coming. Precisely why I set out to learn how to make NETs all those years ago, I figured our golden age would be short lived. Also why I stockpiled liquid nic and other critical supplies. Corrupt politicians in this country may well stop others from vaping or tax them into the poor house but they'll not impact my day to day operations in the least, they moved too slow. ;)

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
IMG_4450.JPG
Speaking of self sufficiency...

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I know everything is to ones preference but is there a tobacco to pg ratio you guys use for cold macerations?

see the jars That's How I Roll used ? a pint I believe. use these and approximately 3/4 oz. or one oz. tobacco. I fill with 1/4 Everclear vodka and 3/4 pure VG. If I only have 3/4 oz I let it set longer. You have to test the extraction every once in a while:
I usually try it out after 10 days, just to see where it is at, as far as taste. Usually I will recheck the liquid every few weeks until I am satisfied with it. I found cigar extractions often take months to mature.
As you can tell this is all very subjective as is the main point....Taste, is subjective.
Remember this is your extraction and it must please you! Don't give up on a extracted liquid, as it may be flavorless after a couple months but outstanding in a year! :hubba:

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Just my 2¢
1 oz tobacco of choice; cover with pg; let set for couple of hours/overnight; add pg to a quarter inch above tobacco; let stand for a month/6 weeks or longer. I've never measured the actual pg amount I start with. It will be different each time depending on the moisture level in the tobacco to be used. After the filtration process, on average, the end product of 3/4 cup NET.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
One other thing.....the testing after 10 days { prepare a small amount to vape} is AFTER it has soaked for extraction for 6 to 9 weeks! :vapor:
I hate waiting those 10 days. My first tester mixed straight from the filter. Just can't wait. We are conditioned to want it yesterday/instant gratification! Oh...No......after the 6-9 week wait.......and then another 4+ weeks after mixed.
It's THAT good!
I have time I'll wait

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I hate waiting those 10 days. My first tester mixed straight from the filter. Just can't wait. We are conditioned to want it yesterday/instant gratification! Oh...No......after the 6-9 week wait.......and then another 4+ weeks after mixed.
It's THAT good!
I have time I'll wait

Heck, I have opened up some tins of tobacco, to extract, and found the aroma so wonderful I had to use all the willpower I have not to shove the tobacco in my mouth and eat it! LOL :laugh:

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
IMG_4456.JPG Speaking of cigars...

cigar extractions often take months to mature.

Finally dropped by my local tobacconist shop today and picked up an DE Acid Kuba Kuba. I'm not quite sure about the incense note I'm getting off this thing. ;) But, @Str8vision says these things are the heat... so, I'll give it a go and see where it lands.

Should be ready about... March, 2018? :oops:

Last edited:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Speaking of cigars...

Finally dropped by my local tobacconist shop today and picked up an DE Acid Kuba Kuba. I'm not quite sure about the incense note I'm getting off this thing. ;) But, @Str8vision says these things are the heat... so, I'll give it a go and see where it lands.

Should be ready about... March, 2018? :oops:

I like both the Acid "Blondie" and Acid "opulence" cigars, quite unique, let me know what you think of their "Kuba Kuba" when it's ready.

Reactions: nostradadus

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
"Acid "Blondie"

We'll do! :)

I was taken aback and disappointed at the shop today... the "owner" of the shop was the dude that assisted me with my selection in the humidor room; he said that the Blondie and the Kuba Kuba were basically the same thing... I knew that to be incorrect information, but didn't slam him.

There's a big difference
between a Sumatra and Connecticut Shade wrapper. And from everything I've read, the two cigars are markedly different in taste. I was actually going in to the shop to get the Kuba Kuba based on reviews and personal choice.

So, for the record... don't always take the tobacconists word for what he's selling or what you're buying... do the research before you shop. ;)

Reactions: Str8vision

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I look forward to sampling more from the acid line of cigars. The herb infused tobacco is unique in taste but be forewarned; some people will like it, some won't. It took awhile before the flavor grew on me. I've noticed acid cigars extract inconsistently, some batches produced outstanding extract while others tasted something like perfume. I normally mix "Opulence" and "Blondie" together 50/50, I enjoy the blended flavor better than either individually. The Opulence has more of a traditional cigar flavor, the Blondie has more herbal infusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread