Can you recommend a tank that has long lasting coils using eleaf iStick40 TC Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I think the person that asked the question is using a 40w mod. As I write I am vaping an Ijoy Rďta box mod rates to 200w. If I wound that one to its max it would be way too hot for me. My sweet spot on this is 65W. On the Mello 3 I like it around 25-28 w. I run it on my Vaporesso Target Pro when in the car and never looked for another tank for the Vaporesso. I prefer it to the tank the Vaporesso came with.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yeah & problem with istick 40 watt is that most tanks on it have overhang.
It only really accommodates gs air & nautilus so I'm struggling to suggest anything.
I know what you mean though, when I used to use rdas I vaped higher wattages.
I used cleito stock Coils at 40 watts.

Now I'm nautilus or Kayfun so alot has changed!

Reactions: Acer50

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I'm new to vaping and have only used a nautilus mini tank but cannot get the coils to last longer than a few days vaping at low watts on clear liquid. I need a different tank but have no idea which ones are good and most importantly, ones that have proven long lasting coils. Any recommendations?

The Joyetech Ego One Mega Tank is fantastic, especially if you use their CLR coils. The coils last forever, provide great flavor, are cheap and, if you want to make them last even longer, can be rewicked & rebuilt very easily. The Mega has a 4 ml capacity so you aren't constantly refilling. Since you've been using a Nautilus Mini, I will suggest the CLR 1.0 ohm coils.

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
The Joyetech Ego One Mega Tank is fantastic, especially if you use their CLR coils. The coils last forever, provide great flavor, are cheap and, if you want to make them last even longer, can be rewicked & rebuilt very easily. The Mega has a 4 ml capacity so you aren't constantly refilling. Since you've been using a Nautilus Mini, I will suggest the CLR 1.0 ohm coils.

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)
My favourite tank but would have overhang with istick!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Really?? I thought there would be, most of my tanks I tried on the istick had overhang :(

No overhang at all. The iStick 40 can also accomodate my Digiflavor Siren 22, Kabuki, Vika Fantasy clone, Kanger Subtank Mini, Hussar RTA and Innokin T22 without overhang. All of the above are 22 mm tanks. I don't know if a 23 mm tank would have overhang or not, but the OP will not have overhang with a 22 mm tank on the iStick 40.

Reactions: mcclintock

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Tank top nano is decent and has 1.2 or 1.5 ohm coils. Doesn't hold much liquid though. You can find one for around $22.

The Subtank mini is also okay and uses the same coils or you can use the RBA tank that comes with it now or later to build your own. Holds 4.5 ml. Mt Baker has clear out on the older bottom fill one for $13.98.

Lots of people say they leak. I have never had that problem with them. They do well for mtl with the higher ohm coils.

The prebuilt coils seemed to last about 2 weeks. As said above though sweet dark liquids will go thru them faster depending on how much you vape.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
The ego mega is a 22mm no chance you could put it on there without overhang.
The nautilus mini is 19mm an that only just fits without overhang.

In fact my friend had a NautilusX on his istick which is a 22mm tank an it looked stupid.

There's just no way...

Please see specifications for iStick 40 below. I copied this from Vapeshop.com. You will see it says the depth is 22.3 mm, that means it can accomodate a 22 mm tank with no overhang. I promise! I use 22 mm tanks on my iStick 40 all the time.

There is overhang with the iStick 20. To overcome this on the iStick 30, Eleaf put a ss top on it that extends beyond the mod itself, but the 40 is plenty big without the extended top.

The Eleaf iStick 40W TC is for sure the most economical way to enter the temperature control world of vaping.

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Features:

• Size: 36.2mm*22.3mm*77.3mm or 3-1/16"L x 1-3/8"W x 7/8"D
  • Passthrough: The battery can be recharged while vaping
  • Ultra Large Battery Capacity: 2600 mAh
  • Operating Wattage: From 1W to 40W
  • Output Voltage: 0.5V-8.0V
  • Connector Thread: 510 stainless steel thread and spring loaded connector for best connection
  • Output Mode: TC-Ni / VW Mode
  • Temperature Range: 100-315℃ / 200-600℉ (TC mode)
  • VT Resistance Range: 0.05-1ohm (TC mode)
  • VW Resistance Range: 0.15 - 3.5ohm (VW mode)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The coils that actually shipped with the nautilus mini lasted longer than 2 weeks each. I am using the same liquid, watts, and frequency. I've done a bit of research into making coils last longer using the methods already mentioned and nothing seems to work. I can only conclude its the tank or the coils so I am simply going to switch out both of them. If the problem remains this too is good information since I have more data to go on. At that point I will try the rebuild-able coils. For now, I will grab the first thing that atleast two people recommend :)
    Maybe the coils that you bought later were counterfeit?

Tjgoa

Feb 25, 2017
    @JustWondering1 Thanks so much for your clear advice. I am ordering now. My only question is regards to the VT Resistance Range. I will be buy the 1.0 Ohm as you suggested, but after reading this:
    I am wondering if when I buy the tank and coils, if I need to switch to the TC mode on my Istick?

Edit* While I'm at it, I would like to make the order more enjoyable and thought I would add an ejuice from this store. Can you recommend one or two you like so long as it is not cigarette or menthol flavor?

Last edited:

Tjgoa

Feb 25, 2017
    Maybe the coils that you bought later were counterfeit?
    Maybe, I only ordered them from one place so far. I did see there is a scratch off where I could confirm if they are legit, but I see no point. If someone can remanufacture coils, how hard would it be print a few numbers on a package and cover it with gray scratch off material. All they would need is a dozen real code numbers or so and deduce the algorythm behind the code...

On that note, I am willing to try one more time. Those who are using the nautilus mini and have no issues with your coils, please tell me the place you bought them and I will try the same :)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    @JustWondering1 Thanks so much for your clear advice. I am ordering now. My only question is regards to the VT Resistance Range. I will be buy the 1.0 Ohm as you suggested, but after reading this:
    I am wondering if when I buy the tank and coils, if I need to switch to the TC mode on my Istick?

I would like to make the order more enjoyable and thought I would add an ejuice from this store. Can you recommend one or two you like so long as it is not cigarette or menthol flavor?

Hi Tioga,

I'm happy to help! If you are using the VW 1.0 ohm coils (as described on the Vapeshop.com site) in your Mega Tank, you don't need to use the TC mode on your iStick. If you decide to use the .5 Ti (TC) coils (as described on Vapeshop.com), you need to use the TC setting on your iStick.

I love the Artists Collection Paramour e juice.

Artist Collection: PARAMOUR

Their Hedon's Bite juice is good too.

Artist Collection: HEDON'S BITE

Reactions: gandymarsh
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread