Ijoy Captain PD270 - 20700 dual battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
so since mine was a sealed retail version (3 weeks old got it the day store had stock), i would hazard a guess it's got the corrected 510? I don't really want to open it.

I noticed regardless it's a pooey 510 in that the minimum distance is too deep. tanks with shorter 510 pins don't make contact at all with it here.
I would hope you have the new 510, no way of knowing unless you open it up. If you have tanks that don't make contact though my guess would be the press fit 510.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
so if i have the press fit 510, that would mean they *didn't* fix it specifically for the retail versions, but fixed current and future retail versions.. there could be stock in stores with the press fit. joyetech stuff doesn't connect cause the 510 are too short on them. Aspire stuff connects...DJLSB also noted it on his review,that the minimum depth of the pin was deeper than average. I thought the fix just fixed the little ring thing to not come out, not the pin placement.
Oh well, I guess i'll never know.

Reactions: markfm

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
so if i have the press fit 510, that would mean they *didn't* fix it specifically for the retail versions, but fixed current and future retail versions.. there could be stock in stores with the press fit. Joyetech stuff doesn't connect cause the 510 are too short on them. Aspire stuff connects...DJLSB also noted it on his review,that the minimum depth of the pin was deeper than average. I thought the fix just fixed the little ring thing to not come out, not the pin placement.
You could take the tanks that don't work on your current Captain to the store where you bought it, and see if they work on any newer stock. Most places will exchange product that has an issue and is only three weeks old.

Reactions: mjag

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
If the atty 510 is too short, you could always pick up some 510 pin extenders. Drop the little circuit board in the 510 hole and screw on your atty. A working carryover from the Kayfun / Provari days. :D

Circuit Board Spacer - Madvapes
circuit-board-spacer.jpg

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
so if i have the press fit 510, that would mean they *didn't* fix it specifically for the retail versions, but fixed current and future retail versions.. there could be stock in stores with the press fit. Joyetech stuff doesn't connect cause the 510 are too short on them. Aspire stuff connects...DJLSB also noted it on his review,that the minimum depth of the pin was deeper than average. I thought the fix just fixed the little ring thing to not come out, not the pin placement.
I wish I had a better answer for you bud but unless you can take off the 4 screws on top and check then we will all be guessing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
ta but they are in another state.. Look I remember i once bought a dotmod 75 in red.. and NONE of my joyetech or aspire tanks would work on it. But anything with a long pin did.. and i returned it, the vendor went psycho at me and called me a thief, and said everything worked. Of course, no one uses those mods for the same reasons i do, so he was probably trying RTA's and the like. I re bought one in blue, perfect. Every single tank i have ever screwed onto it works and reads the resistance accurately. Yet the seller swears black and blue the first was fine, even though I had 15 tanks that would not recognize on it at all. And it's this sort of situation with an online order.. I can't send something back when he will just say all the tanks he tried work. It's pointless. I can't use my joyetech stuff but at least my aspires work on the captain, and all my kanger stuff too, so no big deal. But thanks again :)

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
If the atty 510 is too short, you could always pick up some 510 pin extenders. Drop the little circuit board in the 510 hole and screw on your atty. A working carryover from the Kayfun / Provari days. :D

Circuit Board Spacer - Madvapes
circuit-board-spacer.jpg
This is why i love you guys, all these things come to light that i never would have thought of in a million years. ta!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Ahhh the junk that is iJoy...

My satin finish is starting to wear off the fire button and down around the base of the mod. I have only had the Captain in my jeans pocket without anything else, no keys or change. This is not scratched off it is worn off, less than a week old...

It's shiny under the satin finish, so the more it wears the better it looks.

Off to Valhalla, All Shiny and Chrome!
4c1.gif

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Did you upgrade to 1.4 firmware?

Given they had two releases in a very short span of time, maybe send a note through to their cs, ask them to consider it for another update.

My black finish has stayed good, though only five full days of use (2nd cycle of the first battery pair, showing 60% after a full day).

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
The other proof of iJoy idiocy is, the M1 & M2 TCR values will only go to 200... :facepalm:

I use a lot of Nifethal 70 wire that has a TCR of 525, I couldn't use any Nifethal 52 or NiFe30 either, as they have TCR values of 403 and 335.
How does nickel work then.. isn't that around 600?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Factory presets vs bounds checks on the user-defined m1 and m2 tcr. For user-defined it's fine to have bounds checks, to keep things rational, they just set them too tightly for the widely recognized acceptable metals used in vaping.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
The other proof of iJoy idiocy is, the M1 & M2 TCR values will only go to 200... :facepalm:

I use a lot of Nifethal 70 wire that has a TCR of 525, I couldn't use any Nifethal 52 or NiFe30 either, as they have TCR values of 403 and 335.
I told them about this in a list of Improvements. I hope they will make the selection range much larger. I have a GUO Altus T1 that needs 0.00310, and some people use that at 0.00450. Too bad about your Paint. :(

Reactions: TrollDragon

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
According to Daniel DJLsb Vapes' TCR List, the TCR for Ni200 = 0.00620.
smok default is 600 and it works fine here.. depends on the mod i find.. and i noticed that most mods these days DO work with nickel properly out of the box.. it's SS where you seem to have to always adjust the TCR..

Reactions: 100%VG

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
.. it's SS where you seem to have to always adjust the TCR..
Considering that there are at least 7 kinds of SS Wires, they probably make some crazy math average that's way too low for the most common SS316L. :blink: It would be nice to know what they actually use.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Ahhh the junk that is iJoy...

My satin finish is starting to wear off the fire button and down around the base of the mod. I have only had the Captain in my jeans pocket without anything else, no keys or change. This is not scratched off it is worn off, less than a week old...

It's shiny under the satin finish, so the more it wears the better it looks.

Off to Valhalla, All Shiny and Chrome!
4c1.gif
Hey TD, I was going to buy a Captain but went with the Sig duo in two battery config, I can't comment on temp control but it's a solid mod in wattage mod, no battery movement or rattle, the paint is holding up very well and I like the centered 510 to fit my Aromamizer Plus on. For the money I'm very happy with it....Nuff said, don't want to go off topic or anything, glad I came across this thread though and saved my cash.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hey TD, I was going to buy a Captain but went with the Sig duo in two battery config, I can't comment on temp control but it's a solid mod in wattage mod, no battery movement or rattle, the paint is holding up very well and I like the centered 510 to fit my Aromamizer Plus on. For the money I'm very happy with it....Nuff said, don't want to go off topic or anything, glad I came across this thread though and saved my cash.
No 20700 batteries in the Sig Rixy... ;)

There is nothing wrong with the Capatin that a few firmware updates won't fix... I don't expect finishes to hold up long on any of my mods. I use them daily and don't own any HEMO mods that should sit in a display case instead of being enjoyed.

Glad you stopped by the thread and enjoy the Duo!! Anything that fits the Plus with no overhang is great in my books. :thumbs:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
No 20700 batteries in the Sig Rixy... ;)

There is nothing wrong with the Capatin that a few firmware updates won't fix... I don't expect finishes to hold up long on any of my mods. I use them daily and don't own any HEMO mods that should sit in a display case instead of being enjoyed.

Glad you stopped by the thread and enjoy the Duo!! Anything that fits the Plus with no overhang is great in my books. :thumbs:
That's true buddy. I've just ordered a Snowwolf 365 for another Aromamizer Plus LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread