Ammit 25 RTA VS Ijoy Exo RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Hi,

I am impress by several review on the new Ammit 25.

Anyone knows how does it compare to IJoy Exo rta in term of single coil performance?
Btw, I am only interested in comparing the two tanks when using their long glass tank.

I am also keen to know whether it is easy to attach a 4mm coil to the Ammit 25, can anyone post a picture of a Ammit 25 with a 4mm coil?

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hi,

I am impress by several review on the new Ammit 25.

Anyone knows how does it compare to IJoy Exo RTA in term of single coil performance?
Btw, I am only interested in comparing the two tanks when using their long glass tank.

I am also keen to know whether it is easy to attach a 4mm coil to the Ammit 25, can anyone post a picture of a Ammit 25 with a 4mm coil?
"4mm coil" is a little vague. What gauge wire? A 4mm 28g coil is going to be smaller than a 4mm 22g coil. More info is necessary.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
I have both the EXO and Ammit 25 in tall boy status and both tanks are great. The Ammit has a very slight edge on better flavor. Both are great tanks.

I am currently getting a little seeping from the Ammit which may be related to a bad press fit on the JFC.

The only problem I have with the EXO is that sometimes it can be a pain to remove and open the top cap due to the recessed knurling. I've had to wrap it in a towel or my shirt to get grip, the odd time I would even need a rubber band or rubber gloves.

The Ammit 25 top cap is great and I've had no issues with it getting stuck even tho the top cap is completely smooth with no knurling.
Only downside for me right now is the slight seeping between the AFC and the base itself. Another user has reported this issue also so you may want to wait a bit to see when everyone gets theirs. I was one of the first ppl that received mine because I was on pre-order.

Reactions: hiclass

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I have both the EXO and Ammit 25 in tall boy status and both tanks are great. The Ammit has a very slight edge on better flavor. Both are great tanks.

I am currently getting a little seeping from the Ammit which may be related to a bad press fit on the JFC.

The only problem I have with the EXO is that sometimes it can be a pain to remove and open the top cap due to the recessed knurling. I've had to wrap it in a towel or my shirt to get grip, the odd time I would even need a rubber band or rubber gloves.

The Ammit 25 top cap is great and I've had no issues with it getting stuck even tho the top cap is completely smooth with no knurling.
Only downside for me right now is the slight seeping between the AFC and the base itself. Another user has reported this issue also so you may want to wait a bit to see when everyone gets theirs. I was one of the first ppl that received mine because I was on pre-order.

Have you ever try to fit a 4mm coil or notch coil into the Ammit 25? For IJoy Exo there is big enough room for these coils. In fact I plan to order a Tesla Nano 120W mod and Ammit 25 tank from Fasttect asap, but my doubt on the below has held me off:
1. Can Ammit 25 holds big coil (4mm or even 4.5-5 mm notch coil)
2. How hard it is to trim the coil lead so that it won't touch the chamber and create a short.

I own 2 Exo, both seep lightly at the AFC but I simply don't care. For Exo, my advice is not to close its top cap too tight, just enough will do. Try close the top cap a bit loose than you usually did, you will find it won't leak from the top even if you lay it down horizontally.

Reactions: DP2Raja

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Here is a picture of the Ammit 25 with a fused Clapton. Dial 26 core with a 36 wrap. 3mm ID.
Plenty of room left I think to fit a 4mm.

Trimming the leads was not an issue for me. I have electronics style side cutters that can get in close.

Attachments

• IMG_20170707_195549.jpg
    IMG_20170707_195549.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 122

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Here is a picture of the Ammit 25 with a fused Clapton. Dial 26 core with a 36 wrap. 3mm ID.
Plenty of room left I think to fit a 4mm.

Trimming the leads was not an issue for me. I have electronics style side cutters that can get in close.

From your photo, I believe I can squeeze a 4mm coil in there, but it won't be easy. Forgive me, I have been long indulged by tank with offset posts like Merlin and Ijoy Exo...

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
I own 2 Exo, both seep lightly at the AFC but I simply don't care. For Exo, my advice is not to close its top cap too tight, just enough will do. Try close the top cap a bit loose than you usually did, you will find it won't leak from the top even if you lay it down horizontally.

This is exactly right. The Exo top cap if overtightened is just a PAIN to open. Just tighten slightly otherwise you will be struggling to get a grip to take it off. Now the Ammit 25 (dual coil in my case) has the smoothest top threads of any atty I have in my collection. It is the easiest and smoothest top to remove and fill that I have experienced. Both my Exo and my Ammit 25 do not leak. Both have great flavor. The Ammit is maybe a bit better, but the truth is they are just different. I love the flavor production from both.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Just uploaded another picture with regards to coil size and fitment.
This coil is the same as my previous coil but with a 3.5mm ID. Fused Clapton, dual 26 gauge core with single 36 gauge wrap. All SS316L.

There's lots of room left on the sides between the coil and the posts. 4mm should fit with no problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20170710_125740.jpg
    IMG_20170710_125740.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 47

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Have you ever try to fit a 4mm coil or notch coil into the Ammit 25? For IJoy Exo there is big enough room for these coils. In fact I plan to order a Tesla Nano 120W mod and Ammit 25 tank from Fasttect asap, but my doubt on the below has held me off:
1. Can Ammit 25 holds big coil (4mm or even 4.5-5 mm notch coil)
2. How hard it is to trim the coil lead so that it won't touch the chamber and create a short.

I actually took the o-ring off of my top can and it works perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread