Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Robino1 - sorry to hear about the newest side affect.. glad you've got another treatment down and getting closer to taking a break.

@Bronze - Coyotes aren't dangerous to people, they are quite shy creatures and will avoid all human interaction if possible. No need to either shoot the animal nor freak out, just keep the chickens locked up tight. In my opinion, both sides of this one seem wrong on the surface.

@Bunnykiller - I was going to make a comment to you about something you said, but now I forgot what I was going to say.. Dang, sorry. When I remember ill say whatever it was. Lol..

On that note, I'm off to sleep. I had a doctor's appointment today and broke down and got something stronger for pain... it's been a long day, and an even longer week so I think I'm gonna stay in bed napping the hours away for a few days.. lol.

@kkay59 - once I wake up I might could use some new movie tips from you. I enjoy sci-fi, action and adventure, (no gore or scary in either though) and romance love story type of movie, the happy ending kind. Shows i like, I'm a huge GOT fan, I enjoy stuff like white house down, black hawk down, avatar, what a woman wants, gone in 60 seconds. . those types of movies anyhow..

Take care everyone.. I hope everyone is having a good time..

My son went home yesterday, and made it home safe and sound. It was a good visit. :)

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@Bronze - Coyotes aren't dangerous to people, they are quite shy creatures and will avoid all human interaction if possible. No need to either shoot the animal nor freak out, just keep the chickens locked up tight. In my opinion, both sides of this one seem wrong on the surface.
I realize coyotes wont mess with humans (except maybe very small children in very rare cases) but they will mess with dogs and cats. That's what people are freaked out about. We see stories in the local papers frequently about Spot and Foo Foo getting dragged off in the woods never to be seen again. The fact is, there are lots of coyotes around here. People just don't know it because they are night hunters and rarely seen.

Those neighborhood websites are very useful but it also draws out the mother hens who think they have some kind of authority over their neighbors. They love telling them what to do. We had a mother hen at the end of the street when we first moved in. She started emailing everyone in the neighborhood during a drought telling them when and how we should use the well water. Man, did she get slam dunked! HAHA! The drought had zero effect on our well water supply.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I realize coyotes wont mess with humans (except maybe very small children in very rare cases) but they will mess with dogs and cats. That's what people are freaked out about. We see stories in the local papers frequently about Spot and Foo Foo getting dragged off in the woods never to be seen again. The fact is, there are lots of coyotes around here. People just don't know it because they are night hunters and rarely seen.

Those neighborhood websites are very useful but it also draws out the mother hens who think they have some kind of authority over their neighbors. They love telling them what to do. We had a mother hen at the end of the street when we first moved in. She started emailing everyone in the neighborhood during a drought telling them when and how we should use the well water. Man, did she get slam dunked! HAHA! The drought had zero effect on our well water supply.

If spot and foofoo look like prey to a coyote, then spot and foofoo's mommys and daddys need to lock them up tight too. My goodness some of these little spots and foofoos I'm sure look like prey to a snake too! If they care a whit about their pets they would take some care to keep them safe.

My cat, she knows how to run up a tree to save herself.. she is smart enough to know she looks like prey and conducts herself accordingly and employs safety measures for survival, and not even she plays outside at night if it can be helped. (Heck just a short walk outside next to me she looks like she's on a recon mission in the middle of a war zone and trying not to give away her position.. lol.)

If those pets have no basic instincts of survival, then their owners should take the safety precautions.

I cannot stand the people who want to tell everyone else what to do. I sometimes give advice when I think warranted and when asked, but try not to stray too far, even with my own children since they are adults who can think for themselves. But bossy, nah.. don't like bossy people.. (I might mother some though.. lol)

We have county talk radio on Fridays here, everyone calls in and gives their thoughts on various local topics which gives everyone something to talk about for the next week over coffee.. we have regulars calling in all the time, sometimes you wish they would just stop.. lol..

Similar to your neighborhood chat I imagine. :)

And - sigh - apparently I cannot sleep.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
If spot and foofoo look like prey to a coyote, then spot and foofoo's mommys and daddys need to lock them up tight too. My goodness some of these little spots and foofoos I'm sure look like prey to a snake too! If they care a whit about their pets they would take some care to keep them safe.

My cat, she knows how to run up a tree to save herself.. she is smart enough to know she looks like prey and conducts herself accordingly and employs safety measures for survival, and not even she plays outside at night if it can be helped.

If those pets have no basic instincts of survival, then their owners should take the safety precautions.

I cannot stand the people who want to tell everyone else what to do. I sometimes give advice when I think warranted and when asked, but try not to stray too far, even with my own children since they are adults who can think for themselves. But bossy, nah.. don't like bossy people.. (I might mother some though.. lol)

We have county talk radio on Fridays here, everyone calls in and gives their thoughts on various local topics which gives everyone something to talk about for the next week over coffee.. we have regulars calling in all the time, sometimes you wish they would just stop.. lol..

I laugh at these people. Some of them need to get out more. I guarantee you these are not natives. They are transplants that came from neat and pristine neighborhoods up north where wildlife didn't exist. LOL

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I laugh at these people. Some of them need to get out more. I guarantee you these are not natives. They are transplants that came from neat and pristine neighborhoods up north where wildlife didn't exist. LOL

My husband says North Carolina has been swamped by those New Yorkers.. (he calls them carpet baggers)

saw an article not too long ago saying how instead of coming south to revel in the joys of freedom, they come to change the south to more closely resemble where they came from, and how we should give bad directions to the lot of them when asked so they will simply go back to where they came from..lol..

We saw a New York license plate around here a couple months ago, my husband was none too pleased..

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My husband says North Carolina has been swamped by those New Yorkers.. (he calls them carpet baggers)

saw an article not too long ago saying how instead of coming south to revel in the joys of freedom, they come to change the south to more closely resemble where they came from, and how we should give bad directions to the lot of them when asked so they will simply go back to where they came from..lol..

We saw a New York license plate around here a couple months ago, my husband was none too pleased..
They say they came here because taxes and cost of living are so high up north. So guess who they vote for in the elections? I wont say cuz I don't want to start a fight. :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
What is GOT? Have you seen Jericho?

@Robino1 - sorry to hear about the newest side affect.. glad you've got another treatment down and getting closer to taking a break.

@Bronze -

@kkay59 - once I wake up I might could use some new movie tips from you. I enjoy sci-fi, action and adventure, (no gore or scary in either though) and romance love story type of movie, the happy ending kind. Shows i like, I'm a huge GOT fan, I enjoy stuff like white house down, black hawk down, avatar, what a woman wants, gone in 60 seconds. . those types of movies anyhow..

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
what a bummer... there is this neighborhood store up at the corner ( opened in 91) run by a family ( Korean Mom and Pop) ... I noticed some changes in the store... new displays, new shelves, and major cleaning up going on... thought it was strange how it was transforming over the last 2 weeks... I walked in today and it hit me... I figured out that the family owners were selling/sold the store... 27 yrs and bam!! new owners... its like loosing family... gonna miss Mr. Ho and Mawma... feel kinda sad that they wont be around anymore... probably spent nearly 100K$ over the last 27 yrs in that store. Sounds crazy but consider...

3 packs a day for me and the wife ( up until 2013)
2 6 packs of beer per week
6 Monster drinks per week
3 bags of ice per month
2 bottles of Meyers per month
2 bottles of Stoli per month
an unknown amount of candy, chips, pickled hot sausages ( generally bad junk food cravings)
and the occasional bag of BBQ briquettes and other misc items...

and the part Im gonna miss most... He would special order beer and booze for me with no issues... try to find a store that would do that for you....

as we say down here in Nawlinz.... this is gonna suck some major Canal water.... :cry:
That's too bad. You don't even know if they moved on to something better. Maybe they saved enough to go back to Korea and visit the home land. Price of living would be a lot cheaper there. But after 27 years they most have been 95% Americanised.

I'm on a neighborhood website (a dozen or so neighborhoods in the area to discuss local stuff and sell stuff, etc.). Got a coyote wandering the area and everyone is panicking (likely the transplants from the north). Got a few natives who said they will keep an eye and blast it if they see it. The gun control yankees are having a fit. LMAO!!!
I know a lot of Yankees who'd blast them too. We ain't all stuffed shirts up there.

I saw a sign once that said "We will loan you enough money to get completely out of debt." o_O:blink::facepalm:
With a sign like that you're just asking folk to not pay the loan back either. LOL

@Bunnykiller - I was going to make a comment to you about something you said, but now I forgot what I was going to say.. Dang, sorry. When I remember ill say whatever it was. Lol..

On that note, I'm off to sleep. I had a doctor's appointment today and broke down and got something stronger for pain... it's been a long day, and an even longer week so I think I'm gonna stay in bed napping the hours away for a few days.. lol.

Take care everyone.. I hope everyone is having a good time..

My son went home yesterday, and made it home safe and sound. It was a good visit. :)
"Ghost in the Shell" is pretty good. Scarlet Johansson plays a cyborg with a human brain implant and programed as a counter-terrorism operative.
Her true memory was changed, however she starts to get glitches in her new program that let her see glimpses of her real past. She's assigned to hunt down another cyborg who's been killing high level executives in the company that made them.

I realize coyotes wont mess with humans (except maybe very small children in very rare cases) but they will mess with dogs and cats.
She started emailing everyone in the neighborhood during a drought telling them when and how we should use the well water. Man, did she get slam dunked! HAHA! The drought had zero effect on our well water supply.
I can't stand those "hens" who think they know what's best for all. They usually make things worse for fun loving folks like me.

If spot and foofoo look like prey to a coyote, then spot and foofoo's mommys and daddys need to lock them up tight too.

I'm finding it hard get a good night's sleep lately. Rarely getting into that deep rem sleep that's so refreshing. Then I sit here nodding off as I try to finish a post.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think I need to be more active during the day. Maybe that'd help my sleeping disorder.

Would probably loose some of this excess weight too.

Normally physical activity is a very effective sleep aid..

Ill look into that cyborg movie too.

Right now watching a movie called Lucy, it's not too bad thus far if you've not seen it - in the end, don't expect science out of it but it makes for an action packed fantasy movie based on junk theories of old.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Normally physical activity is a very effective sleep aid..

Ill look into that cyborg movie too.

Right now watching a movie called Lucy, it's not too bad thus far if you've not seen it - in the end, don't expect science out of it but it makes for an action packed fantasy movie based on junk theories of old.
Yes, I have that one. Given a choice, I'd rather have a bag of that pretty blue stuff open up in my tummy than H or Coke.

Users who are viewing this thread