GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Well, I see my question is being ignored by Perseas. I somewhat understand as it leans to the negative side, but is still out of character for him. Matters not, I no longer want his reply. The only answer I accept is already written on the wall.

The TiX is the most expensive tube mech mod I have ever bought at $532 out of pocket three years ago. And it is one that I didn't really want for my own personal use (still has not been used). Rather it was mostly bought as a backup for those many forum members sitting on the "TiX bench" to buy one on that July TiX Sale Day and didn't score one, make it available to them for my out of pocket cost via a random drawing. But only trolls and bottom dwellers contacted me about it.

In part why my $4K in GP gear (almost all of it bought May-July 2014) and the VA forum itself has had less meaning to me ever since (it was my first Reos bought in August 2014 that mostly retired the GP gear though). None of my GP gear saw much use, some of it has never been used at all (nor the huge stash of extra parts and supplies for all of it). Most of those that were used was within the 3 months I was buying the gear. So only 1-3 PAPS have seen minor off and on intermittent use to run drippers on the past three years. But they won’t even be used for that anymore.

For a long time the GP gear has been considered fodder slatted to go in the gorge along with all the other no longer used gear I've bought since early 2013. That even includes almost all of my preferred Reos (I have 34) and almost all of the endless TC mods and atty’s for them bought since March 2016. Now days I only need 7-8-9 mods and a couple of dozen atty’s for them to run all my favored DIY’s. Self-reliance has become my independence. With excess gear and supplies for it, making all my own NEF’s (flavors) and nicotine free liquids myself, I am completely independent from the vaping industry. So Big tobacco and the FDA Deeming can put that where the sun don’t shine. Now I am also becoming independent of the vaping community as well. So this will be my last post on this forum.

This was a great thread (forum) in the spring/summer of 2014. It was a lot of fun with massive support from a lot of loyal GP gear users. Loyalty for what was the best tube mech’s, and loyalty for the man behind them. It was so active that it was actually a chore to keep up with the 100’s upon 100’s of posts per day some days. Now it is about as dead as dead gets… a few of the folks from 3 years ago still using it some and a few new folks. It probably picks up some just before scheduled sale days. But it is sad that it has become only a hollow shell of what it was back then, maybe hurts VA’s sales.

Good luck to you all.

Spy out

I didn't ignore your question my friend, but I don't respond always the same day a question is posted, don't take it wrong. Read my previous post. I had made clear back in 2014 with many posts, that we reserved a number of units for support reasons, but it seems I need to repost it.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well, I see my question is being ignored by Perseas. I somewhat understand as it leans to the negative side, but is still out of character for him. Matters not, I no longer want his reply. The only answer I accept is already written on the wall.

The TiX is the most expensive tube mech mod I have ever bought at $532 out of pocket three years ago. And it is one that I didn't really want for my own personal use (still has not been used). Rather it was mostly bought as a backup for those many forum members sitting on the "TiX bench" to buy one on that July TiX Sale Day and didn't score one, make it available to them for my out of pocket cost via a random drawing. But only trolls and bottom dwellers contacted me about it.

In part why my $4K in GP gear (almost all of it bought May-July 2014) and the VA forum itself has had less meaning to me ever since (it was my first Reos bought in August 2014 that mostly retired the GP gear though). None of my GP gear saw much use, some of it has never been used at all (nor the huge stash of extra parts and supplies for all of it). Most of those that were used was within the 3 months I was buying the gear. So only 1-3 PAPS have seen minor off and on intermittent use to run drippers on the past three years. But they won’t even be used for that anymore.

For a long time the GP gear has been considered fodder slatted to go in the gorge along with all the other no longer used gear I've bought since early 2013. That even includes almost all of my preferred Reos (I have 34) and almost all of the endless TC mods and atty’s for them bought since March 2016. Now days I only need 7-8-9 mods and a couple of dozen atty’s for them to run all my favored DIY’s. Self-reliance has become my independence. With excess gear and supplies for it, making all my own NEF’s (flavors) and nicotine free liquids myself, I am completely independent from the vaping industry. So Big Tobacco and the FDA Deeming can put that where the sun don’t shine. Now I am also becoming independent of the vaping community as well. So this will be my last post on this forum.

This was a great thread (forum) in the spring/summer of 2014. It was a lot of fun with massive support from a lot of loyal GP gear users. Loyalty for what was the best tube mech’s, and loyalty for the man behind them. It was so active that it was actually a chore to keep up with the 100’s upon 100’s of posts per day some days. Now it is about as dead as dead gets… a few of the folks from 3 years ago still using it some and a few new folks. It probably picks up some just before scheduled sale days. But it is sad that it has become only a hollow shell of what it was back then, maybe hurts VA’s sales.

Good luck to you all.

Spy out
Dear Spy bro, your post was a fine read and it did drench us in nostalgic maudlin. Those were some days indeed.

GP gear/s still remain one of the prized possessions for many of us - and frequently used as well (I use a Spheroid everyday). However, the camaraderie we used to have over this forum has lost its way since a year or two. Which also includes the loss of (or disconnect with) many web-friends we made via the GP bandwagon.

Losses which hurt deeply. Both for the modder team at Greece/Bulgaria, as well as the support network - specifically we userfolks. Its a grief that we have to live with - b'coz the devices are great, fully functional, look well, feel nice - but the kinship is gone.

And there is only one bench to be blamed for it - the TPD, FDA clout. Not the modder or the fine folks behind the units or in front of them.

Thanks Pistiolis family for giving us these craftful devices!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hi Mr Q and Spydro and everyone that loves GP :)

There sure have been a lot of changes all over the place. GP has and always will be one of the 3 greats and has yet to be beaten in the Customer before/ during / and after care there is.

We have lost a lot of the greats in our little family for reasons I dont know of , nor really matters, but seems these days people "needs" or wants have changed a lot. Regulated devices seem to be the top thing right now, then combined with the endless supply of exotic woods and "must have " plastic boxes of the moments...

I dont get it, but guess I grudgingly accept it. When I browse the FB pages and see the dozens of 3D printed plastic boxes people are begging to spend 500 and up I just cringe, and hug my PAPs 2.5 or other so called "useless " beauty.

With the media dubbing "mechs" as ticking death gear its hard to not understand the way the market has swayed. Even that perplexes me, with the dangers being exaggerated, there is a whole new generation of " power mechs " that people are paying hundreds for that are honestly extremely ugly and the companies are fly by night.

GP has a place in my heart that just makes me happy. Its a combination of dedication, pride in manufacturing, and customer loyalty , not just from the customers, but the loyalty that GP as a company has demonstrated for years.

I hope to see GP around in some way for years to come, but I understand, people have to live and make money to feed their real families. I just hope that we are able to get parts, help and service , not that these devices ever really fail or wear out. I think the only reason I ever had to replace are bits that I loose, or when Ive adopted a PAPs in really bad condition. Its has happened, mostly because Im OCD and love to see nice and shiny and straight sided nuts and screws....

ANyway, Mr Spydro, you have been one of the "originals" and hate to think of you having any "bad feelings" I hope to see you around and dont look at your GP gear with any "grudges" just enjoyment.

I hope everyone that has GP gear has them around for years and years to come and that a "warm" feeling comes over all of you when you see them and use them.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

There sure have been a lot of changes all over the place. GP has and always will be one of the 3 greats and has yet to be beaten in the Customer before/ during / and after care there is.

We have lost a lot of the greats in our little family for reasons I dont know of , nor really matters, but seems these days people "needs" or wants have changed a lot. Regulated devices seem to be the top thing right now, then combined with the endless supply of exotic woods and "must have " plastic boxes of the moments...

I dont get it, but guess I grudgingly accept it. When I browse the FB pages and see the dozens of 3D printed plastic boxes people are begging to spend 500 and up I just cringe, and hug my PAPs 2.5 or other so called "useless " beauty.

With the media dubbing "mechs" as ticking death gear its hard to not understand the way the market has swayed. Even that perplexes me, with the dangers being exaggerated, there is a whole new generation of " power mechs " that people are paying hundreds for that are honestly extremely ugly and the companies are fly by night.

GP has a place in my heart that just makes me happy. Its a combination of dedication, pride in manufacturing, and customer loyalty , not just from the customers, but the loyalty that GP as a company has demonstrated for years.

I hope to see GP around in some way for years to come, but I understand, people have to live and make money to feed their real families. I just hope that we are able to get parts, help and service , not that these devices ever really fail or wear out. I think the only reason I ever had to replace are bits that I loose, or when Ive adopted a PAPs in really bad condition. Its has happened, mostly because Im OCD and love to see nice and shiny and straight sided nuts and screws....

ANyway, Mr Sydro , you have been one of the "originals" and hate to think of you having any "bad feelings" I hope to see you around and dont look at your GP gear with any "grudges" just enjoyment.

I hope everyone that has GP gear has them around for years and years to come and that a "warm" feeling comes over all of you when you see them and use them.
Amen!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

ANyway, Mr Spydro, you have been one of the "originals" and hate to think of you having any "bad feelings" I hope to see you around and dont look at your GP gear with any "grudges" just enjoyment.

Good post.

I have only been using GP mods for a year or so, but Perseas and the team doesn't owe me anything. Great products and great support in my limited experience. Making vaping products isn't a charity and I hope GP sticks around but in a profitable manner. I have 3 GP mods and a small stash of spare parts that should keep me up and running for decades, but would love to see new products released down the road.

Same with Gus, Atmomixani and HoH. My dozen or so authentic mechs are nothing fancy and rarely over $100, but they keep me off the smokes and are all incredibly well made and almost indestructible. Some are truly works of art.

I also use regulated mods and I would assume that the Smoks, Sigeleis and eLeafs of the world are picking up some mech market share which can't help producers such as GP.

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Howdy all, I still come through to check in and lurk from time to time, and appreciate the thread still going. It's not like the good ol days. Not sure I understand the big fall off but thanks to those still contributing.

Second/back up Paps V4 has come in; Thank You Perseas! Still rocking the v4 with the erlK day in and day out lol. I suppose I should fire the back up once to check it all out but...

Spydro, sorry for bottom dwell trolling you for that TiX, sure woulda liked to have had that :)

Q, u da man.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Ladies and gentlemen;
A big problem

I can't get my heron v1 to work :eek:
Forever says no atty every which way I try to connect it up.
Any help with setting it back up please. I have spares that I'm messing with but...
IMG_0521.JPG

Is anything missing?

Reactions: MsLoud

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
I'm waxing nostalgic now! I miss the days of the asylum. I still enjoy my GP products everyday and they are still going strong!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm waxing nostalgic now! I miss the days of the asylum. I still enjoy my GP products everyday and they are still going strong!

Remember the first day of Part #3? That was a blast! Loved the music video Perseas posted for our Secret Summer Santa fun!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ladies and gentlemen;
A big problem

I can't get my heron v1 to work :eek:
Forever says no atty every which way I try to connect it up.
Any help with setting it back up please. I have spares that I'm messing with but...
View attachment 674113
Is anything missing?

Its been so long since I used the Heron V1, but maybe this will help till someone comes in with some real help

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Remember the first day of Part #3? That was a blast! Loved the music video Perseas posted for our Secret Summer Santa fun!

Those were the "salad days" ( I love that term )
Lots of fun, lots of good vibes and friendship.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Its been so long since I used the Heron V, but maybe this will help till someone comes in with some real help

Thanks. I've watched that but mine was sent with the 510 connection as opposed to the hybrid.
I've got it working now but it's not proper. The 510 pin is fragile and tenuous. A slight screw/unscrew just throws off the readings because the pin can't be tightened enough.
Very strange, hard to explain. Thanks though :thumb:

Reactions: MsLoud

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thanks. I've watched that but mine was sent with the 510 connection as opposed to the hybrid.
I've got it working now but it's not proper. The 510 pin is fragile and tenuous. A slight screw/unscrew just throws off the readings because the pin can't be tightened enough.
Very strange, hard to explain. Thanks though :thumb:

Take a look at the insulator under some magnification, might be stripped? The screws I see there dont look damaged, but its hard to tell.

I really hope someone can help :(

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
What do you mean when you say that the screw can't be tightened enough? Does that mean your screw doesn't secure well enough? That could mean that the threads are stripped and you might need either a new 510 pin or a new steel cap.

If you mean that the 510 can't unscrew to be long enough to come into contact with the pin on your mod then I'm not sure what you could do other than trying to source a longer pin. I can't imagine that is the problem though.

Now, one more thing I have to ask is if you assembled it correctly? I actually did mine wrong the first time. ...

You first need to screw the insulator/steel cap into the inner threads of the Heron base first. Use a GP fork in the holes of the insulator to make sure there's solid contact with the nut of base of the positive post.

e59ac0c842726504f31a7d1237899218.jpg

Then screw the stainless cover onto the outer threads of the Heron base.

ddcd91bc25554ad3bd37f238536b78c8.jpg

Then insert the 510 screw into the hole of the cover (you may need to push the screw through the insulator in the cover past the insulation) and secure it by screwing it into the steel cap.

af3ccad6bab40e4ed7bfe42aa0308c7e.jpg

As much as it would be convenient, you cannot preassemble the adapter before attaching it to the Heron. It must be installed with the steps I outlined above.

[quote uid=94587 name="anavidfan" post=19830299]Its been so long since I used the Heron V, but maybe this will help till someone comes in with some real help<br />[/QUOTE]<br /><br />Thanks. I've watched that but mine was sent with the 510 connection as opposed to the hybrid. <br />I've got it working now but it's not proper. The 510 pin is fragile and tenuous. A slight screw/unscrew just throws off the readings because the pin can't be tightened enough.<br />Very strange, hard to explain. Thanks though :thumb:

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Okay. Thanks cliffy. I read over your steps and that's the exact way I've setup my device before.
It is finally more stable now.
Turned out it was to only tighten the pin with my finger :?:
I put my nail in the 510 pin and that was enough of a tighten to secure the reading.
It's not exact so I don't know what has changed. Oh well.

I spoke with Perseas and he told me not to over tighten the pin but I had assumed that a flat head was needed but no real force. That is the way it worked before but now just with my finger...

Thanks very much anyhow :thumb:

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Perseas,

Can we have a list of the Heron o-ring sizes (both v1 and v2) as well as indicators for their locations?

I've been noticing that the two on the outside side of the deck ring (that seals the tank tube) and the one the goes underneath the chamber cap have been failing.

I'd like to start looking for a source for these replacements (and others) now that most GP items are out of stock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread