Coughing brown stuff but never smoked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
No i never felt sick, i realized its the flavou. I used blueberry RPG, and now i switched to PG and its better. Dont know why did the e juice affect phlegm color.
No one can really say. Each person is different in how their body handles the ingredients in e-liquid.

Also, what brand you use may make a difference.

Change the liquid, see a doctor. We can't tell you for sure.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    No one can really say. Each person is different in how their body handles the ingredients in e-liquid.

Also, what brand you use may make a difference.

Change the liquid, see a doctor. We can't tell you for sure.

Agree with ^^^ .... I don't like giving medical advice. It appears (to me) that it is probably nothing.... On the other hand, in the event that it is something, then I wouldn't want to tell the OP to not go to a Doctor.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    You are a Hookah user but blaming vaping and/or your cheap e-juice for these problems?

OK. I'm not convinced you are on the right lines, but hey...

Yeah and if you look over the link above about the possible things that can cause brownish phlegm, then it's plain to see that the OP would be quite ill if he had most of those. The link mentions cystic fibrosis but the OP would be very ill or dead by now since victims of cystic fibrosis do not live to be very old and the OP is already 28. Also, on the link it mentions bronchitis. I had several Doctors tell me through the years that most (not all, but most) people who contract bronchitis are smokers. The brownish colored phlegm that is expelled while having bronchitis is not caused from the bronchitis but rather it is caused from also being a smoker. Yellowish or green phlegm is what a person has to worry about as that indicates respiratory infection....... Most lung infections cause a person to be quite sick.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    yeah I never have from vaping either, nor have I heard of any others (yet) who vape coughing up brown phlegm simply from vaping..... Smoking tobacco on the other hand, is an entirely different ball game as brownish phlegm is quite common. We have to wait for the OP to explain more as to how he feels and whether or not he was doing tobacco in the Hookah.
    I smoked for 10 years and now vaping for about 2-3 months never have i coughed brown stuff.......
    Not even when i had a pneumonia
    + i'm diabetic so anything health related will affect me twice as hard most of the time (almost died when i had a pneumonia and i'm not exagerating)

Reactions: AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I smoked for 10 years and now vaping for about 2-3 months never have i coughed brown stuff.......
    Not even when i had a pneumonia
    + i'm diabetic so anything health related will affect me twice as hard most of the time (almost died when i had a pneumonia and i'm not exagerating)

you are correct. I have NEVER heard of vaping causing BROWNISH phlegm...... Like I said b4, that is usually only seen in people who smoke tobacco and to a much lesser amount in people with certain diseases, none of which I assume the OP has otherwise he would be quite ill as well. Yeah, when people have lung infections they sure know it as they are sick, especially when they have diabetes, such as yourself, or some other illness which compromises the immune system...

Reactions: QcVaper

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I started vaping 2 months ago, never smoked cigarettes...i got into nicotine through hookah and some vaporizers, and i just recently started to notice that i start coughing/spitting brown stuff. Sometimes it has a brown chunk in it. I've read alot of posts and most have this problem but they quited smoking. I really dont knoe what is this brown stuff and im starting to think its vaping what causes it. I also want to mention that i have a family member in my house which is a heavy smoker. So i dont know if he/she causes me any health problems. I also want to mention that im using a 50%(VG)/50%(PG), with 11mg nicotine.
    Welcome and glad you joined.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, if you are using tobacco in your hookah, that might explain the coughing and the brown plegm. That said, you are using PG and VG in your mixes, you may be sensitive to inhaling one or the other. you might try mixing up your ratio, or even just VG and see if that helps. I would still go see my doctor if I were you, just to be on the safe side. Certainly, it may have been the juice, there are certain ones that really don't play well with *my* chemistry, either I find them revolting or they just don't work.

One can find cases of walking bronchitis/pneumonia, I had it for 8 months the second time, and I didn't feel *well* exactly, but I didn't really realize it was serious. I didn't feel that awful, and it took about 4 visits to get it figured out because I wasn't crazy wheezy, etc., so they gave me various allergy meds. It took a while to get everything sorted, and then my third bout was actually trying to quit, on too much pg, and then I got pneumonia once more... So there are cases of vg sensitivity, and it may be worth seeing your doctor again and going, "Hey, take this bit of my lung sputum (I know, gross) and get it analyzed to see if it's a bronchial issue, or just coughing from continued hookah which you said you used fairly frequently. Have you vaped without hookah use? Because, one of the first things I would try is to lay off that for a wee k or two, then start isolating issues with your vape/doc.

Best of luck, stay safe!

Anna

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have never understood the hookah's appeal other than it's a gathering to a tobacco byproduct, and it stinks. I'm sorry, I just really hate hookahs and UNLESS it started directly from some form of juice, I'd be unlikely to blame vaping over hookah, honestly. You may be using a different "blend" lately, could that be the case? That being said, my advice remains a) stop the hookah for a week or two, and vape (you could even vape unflavored to see it's not your juice, max VG, in case it's the PG that's causing issues, and then set up an appointment with your doc IF the brown chunks continue.

Not to laugh at your situation, I swear! But the Brown Chunks sounds like a great band name to me. :)

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread